• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Her spells were randomly graying out and being unusable. Some people couldn't even recall.

:phone:

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Did you read the "if you're going tiger" part?
he's slower as a single target jungler. with malphite and rammus, I didn't notice it being any slower than I'm used to. With Tiger Udyr, I felt the slowdown of xp and gold that everyone has talked about.

I'll have to go back to phoenix stance and try it out again. It's been like 6 months since I've jungled with him that way.

dphat, we are agreeing. Do you not notice that?
Since you haven't played in a while I guess, phoenix Udyr has been heavily favored over tiger for several months now. So the default Udyr jungle has switched to pheonix (no wriggles, you get wit's end)

Has anyone been trying support grabs exhaust, AD carry grabs heal? I've seen it on some high level streams.

jpak

Smash Lord
Since you haven't played in a while I guess, phoenix Udyr has been heavily favored over tiger for several months now. So the default Udyr jungle has switched to pheonix (no wriggles, you get wit's end)

Has anyone been trying support grabs exhaust, AD carry grabs heal? I've seen it on some high level streams.
Yes this is good, another option is exhaust on support, ignite on carry. If you are a carry with a good escape and a confident lane matchup you can even lose flash and have two summoners of cleanse/ignite/exhaust/heal/i feel like im missing one more. Surge is viable for trist btw

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Yes this is good, another option is exhaust on support, ignite on carry. If you are a carry with a good escape and a confident lane matchup you can even lose flash and have two summoners of cleanse/ignite/exhaust/heal/i feel like im missing one more. Surge is viable for trist btw
Cleanse/Ghost
Flash/Heal

Seem to be the most common ones I've seen that are different. I've seen Cleanse/Flash as well, but unless your Ashe(possibly Cait because her escape is balls sometimes) I don't see the reasoning behind going flash over ghost with cleanse.

I feel that Cleanse/Ghost will become a really strong standard for AD carries with escapes. Especially if supports start using Exhaust.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I currently hold the opinion Kayle is the best character in the game.

3.10 full jungle clear (I think I can manage better, I ran flat ap quints, but it does jack **** all, MOAR AS PLZ). Melee red buff slow bonus on her q before pumping out uber ****ing OP physical + magic damage RANGED auto attacks.

Put her in bot lane as the ranged carry....
Be impossible to compete with in early game damage, harass (splash) and hell, WHY NOT, give me a bit of a heal when I need it.
DID SOMEONE SAY I'M LEVEL SIX? TIME TO MOLEST EVERYBODY.

Wait, DID SOMEONE SAY I'M LEVEL NINE? TIME TO MOLEST EVERYBODY WITH MY 1.4 AD SPLASHING MOFOFUNKING AUTO ATTACKS.

</seeyouatplatinumdphat>

Wait, did I say impossible to compete with?
Well, **** you Sivir. Stupid *****.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I've been running flash/Surge on kennen as of late. seems to be pretty effective. more effective then flash ignite at least.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Something I noticed that I'm not sure if it is new or not, but Akali's Q procs red's slow/DOT. Maybe it's just been a while since I've played Akali and I forgot...but it looked new to me.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
it's new and stupid.

all targeted, single-target spells proc red buff now. donate your red buff to Ryze -> free win.
Yeah. Like...being within range of Q was already devastating for people I'm laning against.

I'm totally stealing Red from my gardeners from now on. Between this red change and the mastery tree changes, Akali's nerfs are pretty much null now, from a damage perspective.

I also goofed around with Garden Akali. Lots of fun, but I don't know a good item to start on her. I'm kind of tempted to start Amp tome and rush Revolver...and Level Q->W->Q->E, since the shroud really helps drop the garden aggro and buffs my armor...but the creeps get a little heal every time I turn invisible...but it isn't as draining on me as my E is. x_x I'll have to test more when I have time.

Although the buffs on EXP and Gold will really help me decide I guess.

-DD

john!

Smash Hero
So with the new jungle has anyone tried Poppy in it? Anyone have any tips or know of a new guide for her?
they are hotfixing it, but i think this is what i did yesterday...

21/9/0, as reds, armor yellows, mr/level blues, ad quints
start boots + 2 pots
wolves, blue (ideally get a leash), wraiths, red, minis
gank OR get wolves, wraiths, minis
go back for philo
then i think i did wolves, wraiths, minis, blue (it respawns around 7:10-7:15) then another jungle clear

this is ad poppy though. i might have missed something, try practice mode first.

ALSO are people really not getting wriggles on udyr anymore? why not?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
they are hotfixing it, but i think this is what i did yesterday...

21/9/0, as reds, armor yellows, mr/level blues, ad quints
start boots + 2 pots
wolves, blue (ideally get a leash), wraiths, red, minis
gank OR get wolves, wraiths, minis
go back for philo
then i think i did wolves, wraiths, minis, blue (it respawns around 7:10-7:15) then another jungle clear

this is ad poppy though. i might have missed something, try practice mode first.

ALSO are people really not getting wriggles on udyr anymore? why not?
better to just AoE the jungle down with phoenix stance than rely on wriggles procs to kill stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_SHpAa_Q6M

Shaco 2:18 double buff... dat is dumb
this has been there for at least 3 months or more

Vyke

Smash Champion
People should think about the term Gardening for jungling.

Has anyone ever tried to maintain their own garden? That **** ain't easy.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Yeah you just have to be a little more patient with your harass. You won't beat CERTAIN characters, like Kassadin with blue and you without, because he can spam his silence on you faster than you can shield-Q counter. Jerkface Udyr took 2nd blue but their Skarner gave it to Kass.

Fun fact, Karma is also difficult to gank.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Karma's OP as hell, I'm glad that I finally have a 2nd person listening to me.
I've seen Karma carry a 3v3 hardcore before, **** that champion and that ****ing shield and heal and slow and speedup, ****

@Wobbles: he can also ult onto you for half your health

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Yeah you just have to be a little more patient with your harass. You won't beat CERTAIN characters, like Kassadin with blue and you without, because he can spam his silence on you faster than you can shield-Q counter. Jerkface Udyr took 2nd blue but their Skarner gave it to Kass.

Fun fact, Karma is also difficult to gank.
for whatever it's worth, you would probably fare quite a bit better with dring stack instead of catalyst. Karma doesn't need flat mana really so you're kinda just wasting time by building that RoA that you build. I advocate double dring, sometimes even 3 drings, into deathcap, which speeds your deathcap up by over 1500 gold over a RoA first build (even more if you only need 2 drings). Karma is also fine building around the fact that she won't get blues by simply opting for CDR Boots + Morello's Rush, which is how I build in double AP setups or if my team is getting completely dominated in terms of map control.

@Thio: only if the Karma is bad and lets the Kassadin get to level 6 before she hits like, level 8.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Well I get the RoA because I have the AP/level runes and no inherent tankiness. I also like having drastically higher health because her passive is based on percentage. And I tend to build Cata against bursty casters anyhow, just because.

I'll give the Doran's bling a shot though, I'll probably hit a lot harder.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Well I get the RoA because I have the AP/level runes and no inherent tankiness. I also like having drastically higher health because her passive is based on percentage. And I tend to build Cata against bursty casters anyhow, just because.

I'll give the Doran's bling a shot though, I'll probably hit a lot harder.
with her passive being based on %age, effective HP is all that really matter. Doesn't really matter if you get tankier for her passive via HP or Resists because either way you'll end up at the same % of your HP.

and in that light, resists >>> HP on her because she has a bomb-*** shield and heal that give resists much higher value because of her hidden HP. It's the reason why I run armor seals and mres glyphs. against bursty casters, I just rush abyssal and burst them back.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yeah, it's sort of like building a lot of HP and Xin or Irelia, building HP in place of armor or MR makes their sustain less sustaining

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
But... but...

what if you have to shield someone else?!?!

Silly, I know.

(Also everybody assumes Karma mid is trolling ;_; )

Top Bottom