• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Cyan_

Smash Lord
I just played a game with a Cait who had the name SilentSpectre. is that the SS of smash fame or just a big fat phonyyy

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
EDIT 5: We're working with a "banking" system that has the big mobs in jungle camps build XP and gold rewards over time after being there for a bit (currently, one minute). This caps out after a certain amount of time as well, and while farming heavily is greater than waiting for the bank to build, the bank lessens the need to constantly farm to keep up.

Why this system?

* It rewards ganks and is a bit less punishing on gank attempts that don't result in kills for the jungler. After a gank attempt, the jungler can clear the jungle which has scaled a little bit while they were ganking.

* Smart counter-junglers can watch enemy gank patterns, then kill the big monster to steal the bank that's built and reset it. This adds additional value to counter-jungling in the new jungle on the efficiency side. This will encourage more jungler conflict as well as add tons of opportunities for great counter-junglers to pull ahead.

* It allows junglers to farm and catch up a little better if they fall behind early (Of course, enemies can continue to disrupt this and push the advantage as needed), but the option is there, which creates new strategic options for coming back.

There's a few other changes too, but this is the mechanics-level one we're testing right now. While I encourage feedback, I'm excited to see people try this out (if it continues testing well).

Seem like steps in the right direction.

john!

Smash Hero
tuned into the stream.

rain man, mogwai, and reep are all carrying.

everything makes sense now. i knew i shouldn't have believed that stupid bull**** about mogwai losing his lane.

edit: and their vayne (some other dude) is on a rampage.

EVERYTHING makes sense now. some people are just luckier than others when it comes to matchmaking.

edit: it's over, everyone on mogwai's team went positive (except jungler), everyone on the other team went negative (except jungler) LOL

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Is it a Teemo? What's the link, I'd like to see

oh lol

MacD

Banned via Administration
i lagged and missed the level 1 fight :('

but yea, not even fun, rainman got to happy about PUI

well now it's kinda interesting

i wonder if his team can carry him

Turazrok

Smash Master
I can't stand league in comparison after playing excessive hon.

Don't get me wrong I like it, I just can't ever see it coming close to the degree of balance.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
is hon balanced due to different mechanics? or does the hero balancing team just do a better job?
They really do a better job to be honest. When I worked with them we had 8 hours each day that were set aside to playtesting with s2 and every input that we made was taken into account. The requirement of play in it was to be in the top 5% of players for HoN and be active in a lot of other things.

They're lowering the standard now, but its still pretty ****ing good. Really great team.

If you wanna talk more about it let me know. I just don't want to start a LoL vs HoN war. =/

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Riot has more "why did you think that would be acceptable" moments.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well I still think jungle volibear isn't legit but top lane volibear is strong IMO.

I saw a volibear **** my team yesterday

he built warmogs atmas rylais Wits end merc treads and I think he was clost to finishing a madreds.

seemed janky at first but he was definitely doing deeps.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
volibear is manly bear

skip all that and play sivir though

if they don't ban her cause **** Riot goofed big

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Riot has more "why did you think that would be acceptable" moments.
I guess, maybe, JUST MAYBE, DotA has so many "why did you think that would be acceptable" moments that you just start to accept everything eventually, but as someone who never really reached that point, I call bull**** on the less "why did you think that would be acceptable" moments. So much **** in DotA is so broken and unfun it just hurts my brain.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Does anyone else find DotA and HoN much harder to keep track of in terms of what the hell goes on during teamfights? Or is that just because I've never actually played the games?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Does anyone else find DotA and HoN much harder to keep track of in terms of what the hell goes on during teamfights? Or is that just because I've never actually played the games?
can't speak for HoN, but I do find DotA2 a little harder to keep track of. Not by a ton once I got used to it, but LoL does a very good job with coloring and contrast IMO. Of course it would be impossible to follow if you didn't understand what heroes do though, that's the same across all games.

Top Bottom