• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm pretty displeased.

I thought I'd be coming into this patch with a viable shaco.
He was actually a better jungler (by leaps and bounds) last patch.

arr well, time to wait for another 3 months.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I think if Riven's Valor had a little more dash distance and could jump terrain that she would be better.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I'm pretty displeased.

I thought I'd be coming into this patch with a viable shaco.
He was actually a better jungler (by leaps and bounds) last patch.

arr well, time to wait for another 3 months.
Err... Everyone I've spoken to that enjoys the champ disagrees with this sentiment. Are you pulling a SamuraiPanda on us?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Changes Riven needs to be viable:

Her passive stacks should be limited to two but all stacked charges should discharge each melee swing
Lower ratios, increase base damage
Valor's dash should be slightly shorter than Shen's and cross terrain
Q needs to reset swing timers

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have no idea what the **** Riven does. Someone give me the low down of what she does when I wake up.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Err... Everyone I've spoken to that enjoys the champ disagrees with this sentiment. Are you pulling a SamuraiPanda on us?
They reversed the only buff shaco has been given his entire existence this patch.
Being able to jitb camps ontop of spawns with it only aggroing if they were attacked was the best thing that had ever happened to Shaco.

And they got rid of it.
gg.

They got rid of my level 3 dragon.
gg.

They got rid of my 15 minute baron
gg.

They made my new jungle paths (for both AD and AP shaco) with new runes/masteries that I set up (time, effort, calculating, testing, etc) to work with these changes absolutely worthless.
gg.

For two full patches I was extremely excited about the future of Shaco.

L__

Smash Master
Being able to jitb camps ontop of spawns with it only aggroing if they were attacked was the best thing that had ever happened to Shaco.
just wondering, when was this implemented?

I feel like I just said something really dumb

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
just wondering, when was this implemented?

I feel like I just said something really dumb
The same patch they made Boxes hit the small creeps> the bigger ones. However, apparently there was a way to get around that.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ok so you had a Shaco who was ridiculously OP for some time, and now you have a Shaco who isn't.

:| Stop crying for Shaco, he's evil.

Now Cho... that's someone who could use some buffs >:D Yup. He'd use the hell out of them.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
**** that. I've seen your Cho, you don't NEED buffs on that character lol.

As for Shaco I agree. Who gives a ****. I hated the Shaco planting boxes in stealth ****.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Man EU West server is ALWAYS offline for ages when a patch comes out.

It's been down for 12 hours now and I want to play!

WOOOOOOOOOW Riot!

Brand

• Conflagration range reduced to 625 from 675
  • Pillar of Flame damage reduced to 75/120/165/210/255 from 80/125/170/215/260
Conflag reduced range makes it even harder to hassle champions like Le blanc, Cait, Vayne, Annie etc.

I am pretty unhappy.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Its pretty funny watching a lot of the top pro's losing their solo queue and *****ing on vent in streams about duo queuing with each other.

I'm not a proponent of ELO hell.

But seriously.. I still am not a fan of Duo queue in solo queue and yet again it's starting to show that the only way to rise is to have a good duo queue partner if these guy's can't even do it.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Its pretty funny watching a lot of the top pro's losing their solo queue and *****ing on vent in streams about duo queuing with each other.

I'm not a proponent of ELO hell.

But seriously.. I still am not a fan of Duo queue in solo queue and yet again it's starting to show that the only way to rise is to have a good duo queue partner if these guy's can't even do it.
This is the only post I'll make on this issue.

High Elo players do not Duo Queue at the beginning of the season because they can't rise up with out it. Rather, they Duo Queue because it speeds the whole damn process up exponentially. If everyone just soloed for 2 weeks, the top would look exactly the same as it did before, it's just tedious and frustrating when everyone's suddenly at the same elo again and you go from playing 2K games to playing games where first pick is 2K and last pick is 1300.

So w/e, it's not that they can't get out of the cluster**** without duo queue, it's that duo queue lets you stack the deck in your favor when everyone's starting fresh to expedite the whole process. Duo queue doesn't disrupt anything once elos have settled in a bit, it just ****s with the beginning part of the season where elos are meaningless.

john!

Smash Hero

High Elo players do not Duo Queue at the beginning of the season because they can't rise up with out it. Rather, they Duo Queue because it speeds the whole damn process up exponentially. If everyone just soloed for 2 weeks, the top would look exactly the same as it did before, it's just tedious and frustrating when everyone's suddenly at the same elo again and you go from playing 2K games to playing games where first pick is 2K and last pick is 1300.

So w/e, it's not that they can't get out of the cluster**** without duo queue, it's that duo queue lets you stack the deck in your favor when everyone's starting fresh to expedite the whole process. Duo queue doesn't disrupt anything once elos have settled in a bit, it just ****s with the beginning part of the season where elos are meaningless.
i, and lots of other people, could do just as well as most of these top players if we duo queued with the same people they did. but we never got the chance to make connections with those players during season one, so i guess we're ****ed for life as long as riot thinks solo = 2.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer

I realize ELO is a good system..

Hence the not being a proponent of ELO hell.

I'm just saying that duo queue is simply a stupid factor that sort of takes any meaning out of rising through SOLO queue.

I'm just not a fan of it, I know its available to me and I'll be using it to its full advantage this season but to see the pro's begin to lose in the beginning of the cluster**** season say eff it and just start duo queuing is annoying vs watching them carry themselves out.

I guess I was just disappointed is all, I wanted to watch the streams of them carrying themselves out.. not the BigfatGG stomp fest.

Worth pointing out like John just mentioned is the fact that at one point Saint is laughing about how he's lost 4 in a row in vent to HS to which hotshot responds

"Am I going to have to carry you to 2k like I did with Elementz"

Showing that a lot of these "top" players might not have made it as far in solo queue without duo queing with buddies.

Keep in mind I'm pointing out made it as far in SOLO, but its still worth noting and it's basically impossible to ignore the implications of what HS said.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I realize ELO is a good system..

Hence the not being a proponent of ELO hell.

I'm just saying that duo queue is simply a stupid factor that sort of takes any meaning out of rising through SOLO queue.

I'm just not a fan of it, I know its available to me and I'll be using it to its full advantage this season but to see the pro's begin to lose in the beginning of the cluster**** season say eff it and just start duo queuing is annoying vs watching them carry themselves out.

I guess I was just disappointed is all, I wanted to watch the streams of them carrying themselves out.. not the BigfatGG stomp fest.
ok, I'll stream myself soloing out then, k?

jpak

Smash Lord
i, and lots of other people, could do just as well as most of these top players if we duo queued with the same people they did. but we never got the chance to make connections with those players during season one, so i guess we're ****ed for life as long as riot thinks solo = 2.
So you're just as good as the top players, and you could do well against them, even though you have never even played with or against them... Shouldn't you just duo with the lots of other people and you'll see success??

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Does anyone have know where that thread is where they talked aboug Hotshot and Bigfat taking solo lanes and making the other 3 people on their team go bot.

**** was hilarious and I heard they made a thread about it but I can't find it.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Does anyone have know where that thread is where they talked aboug Hotshot and Bigfat taking solo lanes and making the other 3 people on their team go bot.

**** was hilarious and I heard they made a thread about it but I can't find it.
I watched this game and it was glorious. Every lane was won and GG and JiJi both dominated their lanes. Then proceeded to have ridiculous kiting 2v5 moments where they would somehow kill everyone but have 10-12 hp left. Hotshot played Cass, JiJi Orianna, Bot was Vayne, Heimer, and Leblanc. Dumbest team comp ever.

Just saw this on LoL forums. Apparently Ez's change to essence flux also breaks ally shields. Ezreal/Sivir bot lane Sivir infinite mana! Enemy Ashe arrows a bv'd ally you spell flux them :troll:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I thought Flux already broke spell shields.
Guess I'm not paying attention to BVs.

But now it breaks ally BV's? D:

john!

Smash Hero
So you're just as good as the top players, and you could do well against them, even though you have never even played with or against them... Shouldn't you just duo with the lots of other people and you'll see success??
my point was less about me being as good as them, and more about the duo q system being stupid. but i've never gotten the chance to actually play them (only criticize them from the viewpoint of a stream watcher) so i cannot make an accurate judgment of my skill level relative to theirs.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
my point was less about me being as good as them, and more about the duo q system being stupid. but i've never gotten the chance to actually play them (only criticize them from the viewpoint of a stream watcher) so i cannot make an accurate judgment of my skill level relative to theirs.
Jpak won this one. Add in Mogwai's comments regarding the top players would still carry out just takes longer to straight up soloQ. That just means you want to be one of those people who get carried to where he doesn't belong. Or else, if you played enough games, you would climb higher than w/e elo you were.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Man EU West server is ALWAYS offline for ages when a patch comes out.

It's been down for 12 hours now and I want to play!

WOOOOOOOOOW Riot!

Brand

• Conflagration range reduced to 625 from 675
  • Pillar of Flame damage reduced to 75/120/165/210/255 from 80/125/170/215/260
Conflag reduced range makes it even harder to hassle champions like Le blanc, Cait, Vayne, Annie etc.

I am pretty unhappy.
You're Brand.
Shut up.

Also, I'm glad that Shaya is unhappy with Shaco.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I thought Flux already broke spell shields.
Guess I'm not paying attention to BVs.

But now it breaks ally BV's? D:
It breaks any ally spellshield according to that thread. Haven't been able to test it myself yet. But I do believe people have done the Sivir + Ez bot lane already.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
So Sivir has "infinite" q harass and doesn't have to build manamune anymore?

So since they "normalized" melee attacks is there any word on doing the same for ranged?
what? no. Different ranges add depth to ranged character design. And not all Melee is being normalized exactly, there are still Melee characters with > 125 range (and amumu is still below 125 I believe), but I think there are certain behaviors that they didn't like about < 125 range attacks (stuff like last hitting over your own minions rather than having to path around them to last hit opposing minions).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well think about it like this: you would have had to known some of those same top players at the start of season 1 for them to play with you, which means you would have had to establish yourself as good even before then. It's not just "now" that you aren't being able to play with them. There have been plenty of opportunities to prove and meet top players even before Season 1 was in the picture. If you haven't gotten to a solid ELO level or not scrimmaged against teams that play in tournaments or played in league tournaments yourself, then that's on you.

Even if you hold the viewpoint that it's unfair for top players to duo, or duo in general, you can't complain that it's too hard to duo with top players since the barriers needed to surpass are too great when it's pretty open and just a matter of proving yourself.

Sadface.......
Nope eat a peepee.

john!

Smash Hero
Well think about it like this: you would have had to known some of those same top players at the start of season 1 for them to play with you, which means you would have had to establish yourself as good even before then. It's not just "now" that you aren't being able to play with them. There have been plenty of opportunities to prove and meet top players even before Season 1 was in the picture. If you haven't gotten to a solid ELO level or not scrimmaged against teams that play in tournaments or played in league tournaments yourself, then that's on you.

Even if you hold the viewpoint that it's unfair for top players to duo, or duo in general, you can't complain that it's too hard to duo with top players since the barriers needed to surpass are too great when it's pretty open and just a matter of proving yourself.
it's partially my fault, since i didn't take ranked seriously during the first 25 games or so. when you are at 900 elo and only gain 15 per win, it's REALLY hard and takes a REALLY long time to get up to gold. this isn't jiji playing on a new account and getting 1500 elo after 20 games. i did manage to get gold, but that's only halfway there. i wouldn't have as many complaints if riot allowed people to gain/lose the same amount at the start of season 2 as they did when they first started ranked. that way people can prove how much they improved during season one. right now, i just feel like riot took away 300 elo and i'm going to have to grind my way up AGAIN. this duo q thing is just another reason that season 2 looks like the same old **** as before and not at all like the fresh start a lot of people were hoping for.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
As for that, I kinda agree. Unless they reveal something ****ing AMAZING for Season 2, gonna be business as usual.

Top Bottom