• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Hmm i thought that we were going to be gaining and losing a lot, like when you first started ranked games. Now we're just playing with the same exact people we were before?

john!

Smash Hero
i am waiting. once the good players get out of my elo it will be a lot easier to rise up.

even hotshot was in elo hell today, until he started duo with jiji, that is. bet his ignorant *** is gonna claim "elo hell doesn't exist" a few months from now.

are any smashers using duo q to rise up fast? i might want to get in on that.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
played one game
worst ****ing taric ever
didn't start buying wards until 45 minutes in when i ran out of space

guy instalocks riven day one, i couldn't even ban her cause she was grayed out

refuses to fight them UNDER baron, but rather chooses to wait until after they take it to engage

jesus christ
after that game imma wait a long ****ing time to try again

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
played one game
worst ****ing taric ever
didn't start buying wards until 45 minutes in when i ran out of space

guy instalocks riven day one, i couldn't even ban her cause she was grayed out

refuses to fight them UNDER baron, but rather chooses to wait until after they take it to engage

jesus christ
after that game imma wait a long ****ing time to try again
Me and Fro were all of our team's dmg. And I was Nidalee.

john!

Smash Hero
riven's mechanics look insane. double blinks, double hard cc, two % ad steroids, and 5 skills that scale off of the same stat, including a shield? what the ****??

am i the only one that misses the old days, where everyone's skills scaled off of ap and they weren't preselected by riot for certain roles? so you could experiment with new, fun builds (which got nerfed if they were too good)?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
riven's mechanics look insane. double blinks, double hard cc, two % ad steroids, and 5 skills that scale off of the same stat, including a shield? what the ****??

am i the only one that misses the old days, where everyone's skills scaled off of ap and they weren't preselected by riot for certain roles? so you could experiment with new, fun builds (which got nerfed if they were too good)?
the issue with riven imo is that her AD scaling is so absurdly good you basically have to build fairly glass canon, but unlike say tryndamere you don't have 5 seconds of can't kill me

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
do a ranked game
> first pick
> second guy on my team said he was around 1300 elo before the patch.
> 3rd pick is teleport/clarity taric

too much pain to even tell you the rest of the team. arr well.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Riven's passive has a .5 AD Ratio, it's kinda nuts.

She's probably just another sleeper, especially if she gets buffed because of her high skill cap. Manaless Bruiser with High Mobility. Remember Lee?

voorhese

Smash Master
mordes nerfs? i played him and i did "ok" after the patch, but if he gets focused he dies EASY i feel like now, that building tank is pointless, and because of the nerfs to his shield u needs to go in as late as he can in order to not get focused, idk. what are your guys' thoughts on how strong his nerfs where and how they affect his viability.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Riven's passive has a .5 AD Ratio, it's kinda nuts.

She's probably just another sleeper, especially if she gets buffed because of her high skill cap. Manaless Bruiser with High Mobility. Remember Lee?
Lee is good b/c his Q does ridiculous damage and his leaps are all longer range than Riven's and targeted. Not to mention his shield gives sustain.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
What skill cap. There's nothing hard about Riven aside from landing her clunky Q.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Lee wasn't good the patch he came out. He got hella buffed because people were bad with him/he did little damage.

2$ his ratios go back down to what they were.

Auto-Attacking between Q and not spamming the god damn ability, pretty much. Your passive does more than a full rotation of Q.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lee wasn't good the patch he came out. He got hella buffed because people were bad with him/he did little damage.

2$ his ratios go back down to what they were.

Auto-Attacking between Q and not spamming the god damn ability, pretty much. Your passive does more than a full rotation of Q.
The ****. Lee Sin was garbage on release. they buffed him to hell and he became ovepowered the second they hotfixed him.

Sonic Wave/Resonating Strike AD ratio increase to 1.0 from 0.8
Tempest/Cripple AD ratio increased to 1.0 from 0.6
Dragon's Rage AD ratio increased to 2.0 from 1.5
Flurry's Energy restoration increased to 15 from 10.

Like... Look at that. And then look at his base stats.

Vyke

Smash Champion
... Yeah, that's what I said. What part of my last post did you misinterpret?

My point was, Lee was not used even after his buff for a really long time. The same thing can happen with Riven, even if she doesn't need an actual buff. :|

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh sorry. Read "because people were bad with him/he did little damage"

So my thought process was "No, he sucked. There was no debate about him being bad because of people not using him right."

My bad.

edit: btw, I said he was completely overpowered after my first game using hotfixed sin. It was pretty obvious.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Trying to bot AD at low elo is pretty difficult with terrible support x_x

Top Bottom