• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Guys.

Annie + Chogath lane is nasty.

Stun, Incinerate, Tibbers, Knockup, Silence, Feast = The enemy is going to die, no matter what health or champion lol.

Not exactly sure if it's viable because I'd image you'd want cho top and annie mid, but played it with rauleen in normals and was really fun.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Irelia sucks in the jungle but can do it. If she weren't so farm dependent later in the game, it'd be fine, but since she is, she just gets gold-starved in the jungle.

Teemo beats the ever loving **** out of all Bruisers without a jump and even a few with jumps (namely irelia). Like, Nasus, are you kidding me? Teemos going to take a giant dump on his chest dude. Nasus will be curled up in the fetal position crying himself to sleep next to his tower for the entirity of laning. His problem top lane is guys who jump on you early and kill the ever loving **** out of you (Xin, Pantheon, Talon) and AP bursters, since he relies on sustained harass and not burst trades to get an advantage.

They didn't mean to ruin the game with the removal of First Blood! and ****. It was accidental and will be fixed next path afaik.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
mm... I may recall wrongly but I thought nasus' q hits through blinds?

at the same time he ***** teemo with a 5 second slow.
If teemo doesn't completely deny nasus prior to level 5 I'd say he would do fine.
Doesn't matter. Powerlevel Teemo's e and every time Nasus goes for a q he catches 3-4 AAs to the face. People sleep on how well Teemo can harass. It's like harassing with Cait's headshots except you cam do it all the time.

Teemo's that poke with q are scrubby anyway. Auto attacks are more than enough against a melee champ.

:phone:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's like Nasus doesn't have spirit fire either and can't freely farm at his tower.

Dodge Nasus 0/14/16 and kill him every time he crosses dah rivar post 6 and get him ganked every time he goes beyond the river pre six (or potentially lose... which would suck)

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
At least it's not just me that thinks teemo is strong in top lane right now. He comfortably crushes nearly every top lane champion you will come across. Till a mage comes along.

I think blind is useful for a few rare laning situations though and worth an extra point or two. The most obvious ones I can think of are 1v1 talon or when master yi/shaco/trynd are jungling. Their ganks become extra useless if they are blinded when they reach teemo and talon just plain loses the fight if he is blinded after reaching teemo.

jpak

Smash Lord
kassadin's w is pretty good now
if you're singed/nasus and the counter you with teemo then go mid.. or bot..

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
It's like Nasus doesn't have spirit fire either and can't freely farm at his tower.
but then he can't charge his q. Why would Teemo push Nasus to the turret anyway? Just last hit and hit Nasus 2 or 3 times every time he thinks that he wants to get a charge on his q. You can't just assume Teemo is gonna push when he can just farm creeps almost for free.

jpak

Smash Lord
but then he can't charge his q. Why would Teemo push Nasus to the turret anyway? Just last hit and hit Nasus 2 or 3 times every time he thinks that he wants to get a charge on his q. You can't just assume Teemo is gonna push when he can just farm creeps almost for free.
Doing what you describe will pus the lane.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Teemo is basically ungankable once he reaches 6 anyway. He will have his wriggles ward and several mushrooms in the river. Teemo will always be full health. Nasus will always be half health, low mana, underfarmed, underlevelled and crying for help under his turret.

Or at least it's been this way the last 3 times I've faced nasus.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Cool, you get jarvan for free with the new skin if you didn't own him. For some reason, I assumed they would only give the skin. Time to fail with a new champion! :D
Is the Jarvan skin still available? And if so, how do you get it?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Wtf are people still buying wriggles on teemo for?
lifesteal armor damage and gold/10. if you're soloing top vs. a high sustain bruiser who is at all threatening, you're crazy not to get it. nasus though, does not fall under this category because he is non-threatening unless we're talking about strictly 1v1, in which case you'd probably get it anyway since there would be no point to wit's end vs. just nasus.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Aw balls. Well, at least I know there wouldnt have been any way at all for me to get that.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Irelia gets ruined by Teemo. Speccing her burst gets you nowhere because the cost of disengaging teemo is greater than Irelia's burst and you have no time to heal up on creeps because his harass is relentless.

I still don't think wriggles is needed. I'd rather just get 3 doran blades.
wriggle's lasts you longer and is more gold efficient. like, if you're laning vs. Udyr, Garen, Xin, I think you're crazy to go dblades over wriggle's.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Specifically against physical assassins like garen/xin, then yes wriggles works. You can do equally well against Udyr by grabbing Phage asap and a doran blade

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
lifesteal armor damage and gold/10.
gp10 on wriggles?

I build wriggle's on teemo sometimes if I solo top depending on who their jungle is so I don't have to worry about replacing shrooms if they try to gank. Its useful for junglers that have really good approaches. Free wards and the cheapness make it really worthwhile. Plus depending on the match you can shut the lane down and farm for free anyway.

If the lane gets pushed you can always camo in xp range of creeps and retreat after you creeps die. If you see a gank coming mash w and gtfo. I hate fighting Udyr as Teemo. Dodge is such a cheesy stat imo. One game I was 12/2 as Teemo and got ***** by a 1/10 Udyr since he had Tabi + Passive + dodge runes.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
gp10 on wriggles?

I build wriggle's on teemo sometimes if I solo top depending on who their jungle is so I don't have to worry about replacing shrooms if they try to gank. Its useful for junglers that have really good approaches. Free wards and the cheapness make it really worthwhile. Plus depending on the match you can shut the lane down and farm for free anyway.

If the lane gets pushed you can always camo in xp range of creeps and retreat after you creeps die. If you see a gank coming mash w and gtfo. I hate fighting Udyr as Teemo. Dodge is such a cheesy stat imo. One game I was 12/2 as Teemo and got ***** by a 1/10 Udyr since he had Tabi + Passive + dodge runes.
free ward every 3 minutes is roughly equivalent to the income from a gold/10 item (slightly less, but w/e).

teemo was and continues to be one of the best counters to solo top udyr. dat move quickly yo.

EDIT: As dodge gets more and more popular, remember SotD guys. Seriously, a fully dodge specced ******* will have somewhere around 20% dodge. Removing this from them is equivalent to a 20% increase in DPS, which is ****ing crazy high. Doesn't matter how jank the item is on paper, it's situationally absurdly powerful vs. dodge heavy bruisers.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
wriggle's lasts you longer and is more gold efficient. like, if you're laning vs. Udyr, Garen, Xin, I think you're crazy to go dblades over wriggle's.
Okay so in this situation would I start with cloth + 5 pots? or would I just get 1 dblade and Farm up a wriggles instead of gettint the other 2 dblades?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
we're talking about soloing laning vs. guys who run at you to punch you in your face where your entire strategy is to shoot them in the face and run away.

open boots.
This. Teemo has a slow base speed so he's not quick until you put some points into w. No boots means tops who's approach is to run at you will **** you after they dodge an attack. Boots + rank 1 w allows you to turn around and jet back to the tower if they get aggressive after a dodge.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Troll build: 6 Ninja Tabi Jax specced for dodge w/ as many dodge runes as possible.

72% dodge from boots + 4 from mastery + ??% from runes, never get meleed?

COULD IT WORK?!

Top Bottom