• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

D

Deleted member

UDYR Solo Top. What do I max first? (Skills)
s2j, what do you build on solo top Cho?

and what characters should I know (and matchups) if I'm going to solo top for a team?
9-0-21 flash ignite (I CONSIDER IGNITE ESSENTIAL IF YOU WANNA POOP ON YOUR LANE AND GOES GREAT WITH FEAST). Tele is good too but it doesn't fit my playstyle

magic pen reds
def per level yellow
mr per level blues
move speed quints

vs extremely tough opponents however:

tough ad: all flat ad

tough ap: all scaling blues cuz i bought the wrong one

vs literally everyone I go dorans ring --> catalyst --> abyssal scepter -->(mercs) --> glacial shroud--> (get mercs here if you didn't get them yet)

from there it depends on who is fed, if AP is fed, get banshees. if AD is fed get frozen heart, get both if enemy team is strong on both ad and ap and you should have 200 armor/mr (with wits end)

if no one is fed and you are ******, get wits end and if you wanna be dumb sometimes like me get black cleaver after wits end if you are pooning/ auto attacking a lot and you want to provide free armor chip for your now ****** AD carry. Goes great with chogath's e

Malady is the more offensive (but usually awful) alternative to wits end, only get if your team is winning by a LOT and you just want to **** them harder than with wits end. Yell at your computer later when you woulda lived with 100 hp with wits end when they decide to focus you

so my mid game finish (glacial shroud/ cata/ mercs/ abyssal) will leave me with about 140 armor / mr with runes

then frozen heart banshees wits end will put you at 200 armor/ 200 mr

I don't get more survivability at this point (unless they are stupidly fed) because in team fights when you flash in and silence people in a cone for 4 seconds you are inevitably going to get hit. You will probably get hit to 3/4 -- 1/2 life and people will be conflicted over whether they want to kill you or not. Most people will often try to finish you off and this is extremely good for your team.

you can also instantly toast people with feast-ignite, doing 900 true damage later on with those 2 only and doing good dmg with abyssal spell pen on squishies + auto attack with e

This is the way I build chogath almost every game unless they literally have no ad or no ap. I consider rod of ages a huge mistake because chogath already has a butt load of health and abyssal scepter is great because it gives decent ap, valuable MR, and extremely valuable magic pen which will make you do close to true damage vs squishies before they get MR.

Banshees rush from catalyst is freaking awful and it was a facepalm moment when in the tourney where clg won in europe some moran rushed banshees. FREAKING BAD

Alternative builds people like hotshot run:

philo/ HoG --> Frozen Heart/ Force of Nature

I don't like it, catalyst gives better sustain, and chogath should have no problem farming for his builds, you just slow it down

1v2 lane build: almost every rune you should get armor and start dorans shield(?)

==
The reason I run per level runes is because chogaths sustain lets him beat most top lanes and the payoff is great IMO for having a harder beginning 24 armor/mr at level 18 OMG. This is probably really bad but its my preference and something i'll probably use forever

some lanes make me **** my pants and I stack armor yellow/blues or stack mr yellow/blues

==

sometimes boots of swiftness is also a great choice. One time I bought it while mid vs anivia on accident and yelled at my computer but the extra speed made landing ruptures on slow chicken **** anivia extremely easy

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I have seen the light. AP / tank cho is a leetle baby for girls and pony fans and damage cho is a gang rapist.

Pushin lanes like a boss, farmin like a boss, impossible to kill 1v1 like a boss. Vorpal Spikes are kinda ****ing stupid.

_Dice

Smash Ace
I just copied stone wall for jungle riven

atk dmg marks
armor seals
choice glyphs ( i just use flat magic resistance )
atk dmg quints

21/0/9 masteries

vamp scepter start (you can even start doran's blade)
wolves>wraiths>golemns> b >cloth armor pot>blue>wolves>wraith>red>golemns

and I wasn't saying riven was amazing or anything it just seemed like everyone thinks she is terrible
i jungle with her too.

i start boots +3 with dodge seals MR/lvl Glyphs Arpen Marks and Dodge Quints

21/9/0 masteries

smite/cleanse.

Rivens gank at lvl 2 is pretty damn strong. she scales So well with AD I mean every skill is 1 or above AD scaling or even 1.5 AD or more when her passive is taken into account.

i mean with +100 AD she does about 330 extra damage with Q combo, 150 extra damage with W and 100 extra Shield with E. and her ultimate does 150 extra.

this in mind i definitely get trinity/IE/BT (trinity is made last of those three but sheen before any of it) i mean getting 220 extra AD leads to over a thousand extra damage even more if you crit on your passive strikes. O_O

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
there's no such thing as a bad weapon in league of legends.

deal with it.
Duo queue with me in ranked, I'll play cait and run zerker's, 4 manamunes and a bv. This is a good Caitlyn build since in your own word there are no bad weapons in LoL. So using your own logic that you put forth, that is a good Caitlyn build since good is the opposite of bad and no weapons are bad in LoL.

:phone:

_Dice

Smash Ace
I've yet to try triforce or even sheen on riven, is it worth it over pure ad items?
you generally get 2 procs off of your Q combo though you can get three if you space it out well enough. so sheen isn't as strong as a full BT but it's sure cheaper. and trinity is very good for her for the AD, and movespeed along with the sheen proc.

it definitely gives her quite a bit of bu(r)styness out of the jungle for fairly cheap.

trinity will add 150 damage per proc and you can have it proc twice easily in a Q combo. compare that to the 200 damage added for +100 AD in the Q combo. and trinity is the most efficient item for damage on rivens made attacks at 18. while sheen is definitely the most efficient at lvl 6-10 when you should be getting it.

john!

Smash Hero
Duo queue with me in ranked, I'll play cait and run zerker's, 4 manamunes and a bv. This is a good Caitlyn build since in your own word there are no bad weapons in LoL. So using your own logic that you put forth, that is a good Caitlyn build since good is the opposite of bad and no weapons are bad in LoL.

he said there are no bad weapons

not that every character can use any weapon in any situation

did you even read?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Gizmo, I'll be happy to play nasus against your teemo so I could get some high level laning practice ^_^
No you don't.

Nasus hates laning against Teemo. Pre/Post 6 included. Besides a 1 v 1 straight up DPS fight, Nasus doesn't want to be anywhere near that ****er.

D

Deleted member

i've done nasus vs teemo

its extremely gay and unfun

if you run exhaust though you can kill him if he messes up and doesnt mushroom / run away properly past 6

but not likely

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Secondly, the Ranked Wins and Losses were not properly reset after we archived them during the Riven patch. We will be resetting these numbers to reflect the appropriate number of wins and losses players have accrued since the patch this week to reinforce the feeling of a new start.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

While the rank queues are disabled, we will be temporarily enabling the ability to play Normal Games with Draft Mode.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Draft mode normal games too good.

Caitlyn is so much fun. Gotta send a public thanks to Iggy for getting me a code since I couldn't find a copy of PC Gamer in my town. Had a sweet escape today from a Xin Zhao/Singed attempted gank top. They caught me up in top lane and I knew if I just ran for it I would be dead. So I trapped the opposite brush and ran into it. Xin ran in, hit my trap, so I ran out, exhausted Singed so I could barely get ahead of him and then used E to slow him and blink away. She is full of fun little tricksies.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Just got into a 5v5 normal with another cho on the other side soloing top. Entirety of both teams made fun of the dps cho build all game, calling me a troll, etc. Anivia leaves at level 8, I'm 3 levels under their cho, he tries to 1v1 me in the jungle and gets absolutely **** on with his roa / glacial shroud / negatron even with his levels and huge cs lead.

heh heh heh heh

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Tom and pals played a 53 minute long game against a jungle Nasus who got ridiculously farmed. We lost all lanes but managed to pull a win out of our *****.

Fun but frustrating.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I did read, the statement was incredibly ambiguous so I took it the way that I took it. He never said anything about character or situational usage.

If he never said anything about situational usage, then why did you start trying to talk about a time when an item would be situationally bad?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tom and pals played a 53 minute long game against a jungle Nasus who got ridiculously farmed. We lost all lanes but managed to pull a win out of our *****.

Fun but frustrating.
Dude, that game was fun, and not stressful.

Lots of epic kills and saves were had.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
And really guys...

why would you get 4 manamunes on caitlyn when you could instead go a REAL BUILD that scales with all of her skills!

3 RoAs
Manamune
Archangels
Atma's Impaler.

You'll be bleeding deeps with that 20% odd crit rate and 0% bonus attack speed.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have seen the light. AP / tank cho is a leetle baby for girls and pony fans and damage cho is a gang rapist.
I ****ing hate using Cho'Gath.

I've yet to try triforce or even sheen on riven, is it worth it over pure ad items?
It's not really worth it, just stick with AD.

So what's Riven? Broken, balanced, or pubstomper?
Downright bad.

great early. pretty mediocre mid game but if you get past that mid game her great late game comes into play.
LOL, great late game? Have you ever played a team that has any CC with her before?

She's okay at level 1. She fades off pretty quickly after that.
This.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
And really guys...

why would you get 4 manamunes on caitlyn when you could instead go a REAL BUILD that scales with all of her skills!

3 RoAs
Manamune
Archangels
Atma's Impaler.

You'll be bleeding deeps with that 20% odd crit rate and 0% bonus attack speed.
Real Build? All AP so that net hits them hard.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah but all AP would require a death cap, which would be a significant reduction in my ability to tanky deeps people because I'd have to remove a roa.

This way I will be 3720 HP (****ing tanky as hell) and 4810 mana (holy **** I'll be able to spam Q during the laning phase all year without going back, and my points in the defensive mastery ... I'll be healing health faster than MUNDO [probably not]).
With a total of 210.6 bonus AD (325 total) and 189.3 AP all of my abilities will be dealing FABULOUS MAX levels of damage!
This build also increases the viability of Veigar ten-fold, and as a UP champ he will suddenly be able to see lots of play and will likely be nerfed.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah but all AP would require a death cap, which would be a significant reduction in my ability to tanky deeps people because I'd have to remove a roa.

This way I will be 3720 HP (****ing tanky as hell) and 4810 mana (holy **** I'll be able to spam Q during the laning phase all year without going back, and my points in the defensive mastery ... I'll be healing health faster than MUNDO [probably not]).
With a total of 210.6 bonus AD (325 total) and 189.3 AP all of my abilities will be dealing FABULOUS MAX levels of damage!
This build also increases the viability of Veigar ten-fold, and as a UP champ he will suddenly be able to see lots of play and will likely be nerfed.
lol'd.

In other news, I'm tired as **** and I thought of a revolutionary new way to climb soloqueue ladder. INCOMING FOTM.

Hint: Think of a situational champ that stomps soloqueue noobs. Now ban the 2 hard counters when ur first pick, then pick ur champ. COMMENCING OPERATION ****.

Top Bottom