• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So guys, tell me how I can go 8/0 solo top, then when I go back to shop, notice that we are down 11/18 and that bot AND mid are feeding like mad, and the jungler isnt doing ****.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
So guys, tell me how I can go 8/0 solo top, then when I go back to shop, notice that we are down 11/18 and that bot AND mid are feeding like mad, and the jungler isnt doing ****.
Well obviously you need to improve your map awareness...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I didnt literally mean I wasnt aware, more that it just didnt hit me that we were down that much until I really had time to think about it, you know what I mean?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
If he never said anything about situational usage, then why did you start trying to talk about a time when an item would be situationally bad?
Mostly because this guy:

there's no such thing as a bad weapon in league of legends.

deal with it.
Clearly made his statement to be a ****cake and not to make any sort of constrictive addition to the question itself. Especially when this guy:

Here's how to sustain better:

Don't spam abilities.
Made a constructive addition in less words than the cuntcake. The reply to the "there are no bad weapons in LoL" was more sarcastic than anything. Clearly I know every weapon choice is situational. Just that when someone comes to a discussion thread they mostly expect people to be mature if they decide to respond to a question.

You are ridiculously bad.
Yeah and you like boys ***** *** ****cake.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dekar likes his men strong and good at league

Looks like you're off his list

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I heard you made big long posts about some **** that, frankly, could have been dropped cause it didn't really matter.

DRAMA GANK?!?!?1

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
So I've been wondering, I'm clearly awful at this game compared to most of you. Why do you all submit to play with me? I mean, I might be better than a pub, but...

Ok, and how do I jungle with anything besides Shaco? It's so hard to keep track of all the lanes and effectively control the map for early game. I never know when or how to gank correctly(unless I'm Shaco). The roles I like playing are support and various AP carries. TLDR; how do I get better?

:phone:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
lol'd.

In other news, I'm tired as **** and I thought of a revolutionary new way to climb soloqueue ladder. INCOMING FOTM.

Hint: Think of a situational champ that stomps soloqueue noobs. Now ban the 2 hard counters when ur first pick, then pick ur champ. COMMENCING OPERATION ****.

did that back in season 1. ban orianna/annie, pick brand

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
YUP everyone is saying Riven is awful, but she is one of the most fun champs I've played and I'm totally cool with everyone thinking that she is terrible if that means no one will pick her before I do. ;)

Turazrok

Smash Master
I feel like I'm playing a t-rex when I'm playing riven. Tiny arms cannot reach anything.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Zac ,Riven is a champion that uses her fantastic early game(1-10) (as a jungler) to get your carries to the point where their mid game is fantastic. and during the mid game onward she becomes an anti-carry. who is mediocre mid game (though still good at bursting down champions) and then great again late.

if you like that style. get her.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Zac ,Riven is a champion that uses her fantastic early game(1-10) (as a jungler) to get your carries to the point where their mid game is fantastic. and during the mid game onward she becomes an anti-carry. who is mediocre mid game (though still good at bursting down champions) and then great again late.

if you like that style. get her.
See nocturne. Lee sin. Other jungler better than her.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Zolga... if you want to get better you need to learn from your mistakes instead of trying to justify them all the time.
This is true. #1 johns from me all day. HOW DO I LEARN FROM MISTAKES? #1 mistake is sucking at farming unless I have spells that do it for me. qqqq

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah normals bunk as hell but whip out the fat man and it gets crunk

Want to farm better? Watch Dekar for a whole game. Like literally, stay at fountain or play passive in lane, sit there and watch him. You will learn to farm stuff you didn't even think was possible.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Tom and pals played a 53 minute long game against a jungle Nasus who got ridiculously farmed. We lost all lanes but managed to pull a win out of our *****.

Fun but frustrating.
agreed! that game was nuts

Dude, that game was fun, and not stressful.

Lots of epic kills and saves were had.
it was epic. it was a bit stressful for me because it reminded me how much i have to learn about AD Carry.

lol'd.

In other news, I'm tired as **** and I thought of a revolutionary new way to climb soloqueue ladder. INCOMING FOTM.

Hint: Think of a situational champ that stomps soloqueue noobs. Now ban the 2 hard counters when ur first pick, then pick ur champ. COMMENCING OPERATION ****.
is it JAX? ITS JAX, ISNT IT?

So I've been wondering, I'm clearly awful at this game compared to most of you. Why do you all submit to play with me? I mean, I might be better than a pub, but...
i play with you because you are my online friend

Zolga... if you want to get better you need to learn from your mistakes instead of trying to justify them all the time.
this xD

This is true. #1 johns from me all day. HOW DO I LEARN FROM MISTAKES? #1 mistake is sucking at farming unless I have spells that do it for me. qqqq
think about why you made them

Want to farm better? Watch Dekar for a whole game. Like literally, stay at fountain or play passive in lane, sit there and watch him. You will learn to farm stuff you didn't even think was possible.
i wanna do this but he never actually streams. i REALLY wanna watch him play 3s.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
NOT JAX, BUT COULD BE IF SINGED WASNT SO DAMN POPULAR.

Is mpen jax viable? :o

very impressed with jatt's udyr just about every time i see it
Rain Man's is better imo.

edit: actually I don't know. Jatt jungles- Rain Man lanes.

Zolga, ask questions.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Does Rainman still lane Udyr after nerfs? I would consider that more impressive than jungling atm due to the tremendous mana issues and inability to change stances constantly.

First thing you can do Zolga is actually go and practice last hitting w/o spells.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Hey guys, I was wondering if Shaco is more viable now after the patch. I heard a huge uproar about Shaco because he received new bugs when the latest patch hit.

Also his job is to what? Gank early? Split push the lane and run away?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm watching IEM right now and DELTAS karthus is running exhaust. I'm assuming these teams are not just random scrubs, but what is the point of running it? It seems like it's just double kill with his gate.

Plus I usually get **** for going teleport karthus instead of exhaust in ranked, is there something I'm completely missing?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Exhaust is an incredibly versatile spell that does so ****in much with 1 slot. That's why lol.

But say for Karthus example. There are situations where Karthus doesn't want to get initiated on or fight up close 1 v 1 with a nasty bruiser. Sure, you could ignite him, but that's not gonna help you get away/reduce his damage/screw with him. Now you have exhaust, and that Xin that dove you to Ult and Pop up just got *****. Now say you have the flip side. Karthus wants to go in on multiple people to do a **** ton of damage. Going in like that as Karthus entails a lot of danger and the potential for taking a lot of damage. However, if you go in and exhaust their carry/DPS/even occasionally another AoE **** caster, you can mitigate the damage they do back and **** them over. Exhaust is like having another multi purpose disable that also reduces damage noticeably, and that's very useful.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
This explains everything!

Is riven worth buying?
Riven is fun as **** to play and the fact that her early game is good means that if you are fed, the first 20 mins are really sweet cuz you control the world, the only problem is that if they know what they're doing and dont be too aggressive, you wont get that free money and will quickly disintegrate down to a near worthless state.

So I'd say, if you want a character to fall back to when you wanna enjoy yourself, go ahead, but if you're looking for your next champ to start dominating ranked games, she's not what you're looking for.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I didnt literally mean I wasnt aware, more that it just didnt hit me that we were down that much until I really had time to think about it, you know what I mean?
Oh of course. I was just making a troll joke.

Are people going to be playing tomorrow night? I'd be down.

But say for Karthus example. There are situations where Karthus doesn't want to get initiated on or fight up close 1 v 1 with a nasty bruiser. Sure, you could ignite him, but that's not gonna help you get away/reduce his damage/screw with him. Now you have exhaust, and that Xin that dove you to Ult and Pop up just got *****. Now say you have the flip side. Karthus wants to go in on multiple people to do a **** ton of damage. Going in like that as Karthus entails a lot of danger and the potential for taking a lot of damage. However, if you go in and exhaust their carry/DPS/even occasionally another AoE **** caster, you can mitigate the damage they do back and **** them over. Exhaust is like having another multi purpose disable that also reduces damage noticeably, and that's very useful.
The example 1v1 makes some sense but using exhaust to initiate against multiple people does not. What good does it do to exhaust another AoE **** caster? Also even if you do exhaust the DPS for a few seconds that won't stop the rest of the team from focusing you with stuns and damage.

I don't think Karthus is the best example on this, also.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I will be playing tonight, but Im still not level 30 yet and probably suck really bad in comparison to most of you.

Top Bottom