• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Vyke

Smash Champion
I mean, yeah, discuss it here if you want. I ain't (can't) stoppin' dat ****, but at least get some of this feedback to the developers somehow.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'd like them to nerf Soraka. What I don't want is Soraka (or supports in general) being so bad that people overlook them for another tanky DPS or another carry or another whatever. Supports that are viable without being dominating. Obviously a precariously hard road for balancing and tweaking, which is why people are voicing their opinion hoping Riot doesn't get it wrong. I'm glad that they realize "Hey, the sustain metagame overall is some boring *** ****, let's change it" and have been trying to shift away from that for a long time. Nerfs to big time sustainers, buffs to AP champs, carries still strong without being over nerfed, etc. A few tanky DPS buffs or nerfs here and there of course.

That doesn't mean that we need a healer that has a 20 sec CD heal as her "main spell" lol. Stuff like that we could avoid the pain of. And yeah, you can bet people will tell them. A lot.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I appreciate the people telling them this. I suppose what I'm doing is over-reacting to the ridiculous amount of threads that simply have no idea what they're actually saying, they just don't like change because change registers to nerf. Nerfs are bad, everyone has to be OP.

That being said, I value the input of a lot of people in this thread. It's bettered me as a League player in general, even if I don't really play with you guys that much.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't think so. They will make her do more damage, but not by enough that it outweights her sustain nerfs.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I just see this:
2.5 second silence on a 6 second cd.

12 mres debuff every 1.5 seconds that goes up to 120.

With a stronger armor buff plus a lot more incentives for going tanky/cdr over AP.

- Extremely quick barons (unless they disallow the debuff she can reduce baron's mres below 0)
- SPAM DEM SILENCES (keeps a carry alive a lot easier than heals do... sometimes)
- Kiting with her is honestly quite dangerous, she's moving towards Zilean-esque style in terms of team fights.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
3 second CD? Don't you mean 6?

Nvm you edited it lol

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
A few other points id like to bring up before i go to bed.
Tanky Soraka needs farm. What lane would you put her in? Use her up in a solo? I dunno.

Also, the mres debuff is only gonna be good if...

1. You build tanky (cant sit in teamfights spamming Q if you're squishy).
2. Gradual mres debuff is gonna work best with a team of sustained magic damage. Like, I could imagine a farmed soraka post-change tanking for a team consisting of some of the few magic champs dealing consistent damage in teamfights as opposed to just burst. For example, Cassiopeia/Ryze/Singed as main tank.

What I mean is, the gradual mres debuff isn't gonna help your annie/veigar enough to warrant a soraka tank spot on the team.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well that depends. If you get a few ticks off and Annie gets a true damage tibbers AoE on multiple people, that could be pretty powerful coming from a support. The problem will be like it was before. Getting the spell off/dealing with damage and disables yourself (cause even tanky Soraka isn't walking into teamfights willy nilly getting to starfall nonstop), while supporting your team. Now, if Mumu goes in and she follows behind starfalling you again and again, then you could be SUPER ****ed for the follow up from a caster.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Morgana is super fun.

There's very few champions that can teamdive in 2v5 or 3v5 situations and walk out alive with a kill or two.

edit: well I genuinely believe sona is overpowered right now. I said it a couple of months ago. I can see why they want to nerf her but I guess that's my free ranked victories over.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Soraka nerfs seem fine to me.

That ***** has basically been top 5 in win % every single patch since this game came out of closed beta. Her design is ******** with the CDs and numbers she had before and you're straight up delusional if you don't think she needed to be beaten over the head with the nerfstick.

Other heal AP ratios need to be brought in line too though, otherwise Nidalee and Taric #1 supports, huehuehue.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
probably just that the client loads the skin selection data/interface before registering which character you are

so you can pick "skin_002" for teemo really quckly, and it will see "skin_002" and see that you are playing soraka and give you a soraka skin instead

edit: WOW shurelia is at it again lol

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1102898

gg soraka

if anyone ever plays her again they should just build abyssal/deathcap, and initiate battles by spamming starcall lol, that might actually be good
Jesus christ. Well, they definitely killed the support/carry lane. Either that or the carries are gonna have to start speccing regen. Then again, that just might happen due to the strength of what's basically three solo lanes...
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1102898
"Soraka and Sona changes (SUSTAIN NERFSSSSSSSSSS)"

High level play discussion between myself and dan for those who want to **** their eyes!

DanGR (3:48): w/e
did you see the soraka changes?
shurelias a *******
HiyaShaya (3:50): no?
DanGR (3:50): http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1102898
she's ****** soraka
HiyaShaya (3:50): keikaku doori
holy **** 75 pages
DanGR (3:51): read astral blessing change
gonna make soraka ****
HiyaShaya (3:53): zomg, max mres debuff is now 120 instead of 160 ****ING NERFS
DanGR (3:53): <.<
HiyaShaya (3:54): lol
DanGR (3:54): Q change did nothing no one gonna level it anyways
HiyaShaya (3:54): meh theheal change... kinda ****ty
the reason its strong right now is because of the ****ing armor buff
being op as ****, now its 125 armor...
DanGR (3:54): and on a 20 sec cd
HiyaShaya (3:54): TRUE, but its too strong atm anyway
DanGR (3:55): shes gonna suck balls early
HiyaShaya (3:55): infuse buff... lol.
***actually no, a nerf, no longer doubles on yourself trololol
THEY'RE NERFING THE AP RATIO ON SONA'S HEAL? ****ING
DanGR (3:56): ya so basically
*** late game
onvm tought you were talking about soraka
***half ap ratio on soraka heal double the cooldown 5 more base heal
***wooptee doo
HiyaShaya (4:02): that ****ing armor buff
is ridiculous though how the **** are you meant to ****ing KILL HER or the ranged carry she's supporting with them having 125 armor bonus* that equates to so much ****ing higher scaling on her heal
DanGR (4:03): if you heal urself then you're doing it wrong, and
HiyaShaya (4:03): its like orianna's shield giving a shield in hp as well as armor/magic resist
DanGR (4:03): you burst the carry down with ap when they have a soraka
HiyaShaya (4:03): ****ING AP :(
DanGR (4:03): you realize
HiyaShaya (4:03): EZREAL NEEDS MOAR GOOD MAGIC SPELLS
DanGR (4:03): they're halfing the ap ratio right?
HiyaShaya (4:03): yes, but generally soraka doesn't need to buy ap anyway
***she -can- and that makes her impossible to beat late game
IMPOSSIBLE
DanGR (4:04): she does need it late
HiyaShaya (4:04): but thats a good thing, because late game soraka with a death cap is gg. you cannot win fights against her team shes broken in that regard.
but yeah, they're gonna kill her viability with those huge changes
DanGR (4:04): they should hit the late game then
HiyaShaya (4:04): iguess tarics gonna get owned too, maybe nidalee too
DanGR (4:05): ya
HiyaShaya (4:05): **** YEAH NIDALEE NERFS
DanGR (4:05): .
HiyaShaya (4:05): <3
HELLO MY NAME IS SHAYA I MAIN SHACO AND EZREAL
DanGR (4:05): what they need to do to nidalee is nerf the ap ratio of heal or uh the att spd or something
if they **** her heal she'll be **** in lane because she has no spells she can use to harass. hit the later heal amounts keep the base on it at lvl 1 nerf later amounts if they touch cougar i want spear buff for harass and make it do less damage at max range
ANYWAYS, i have no say and most people suck vs nida anyways
no one dodges the pounce or swipe
HiyaShaya (4:09): HOW DO YOU DO THAT? ..........
DanGR: gank early cuz she has no escapes till 6
***also dont pick stupid **** in champ select that isnt viable anyways
HiyaShaya (4:11): hHAHA :p
DanGR (4:11): most of the people that complain are veigar mains and crap
HiyaShaya (4:12): a nidalee can snowball quite easily in terms of control. early game rage blade?
DanGR (4:12): ya
HiyaShaya (4:12): gg tower
gg harassing her
gg trying to hurt her
gg because she will out damage you
DanGR (4:12): thats a problem with rageblade
***not nidalee
***2300 free gold in stats?
***please
HiyaShaya (4:12): lol
***rageblade ezreal all day
***:3
DanGR (4:13): GRB is ALMOST efficient enough to get on casters
***that dont autoattack
HiyaShaya (4:13): I'm aware.
DanGR (4:13): **** RIOT
***nerf grb
HiyaShaya (4:13): Rageblade+ Ezreal
DanGR (4:13): change it
***make it 4 stacks
HiyaShaya (4:13): does more damage than bloodthirster
DanGR (4:13): and give less a bonus
HiyaShaya (4:14): but
***nerfing rageblade
***kills any sort of hybrid potential in this game
***know why rageblade is ****?
***its got soooo many free stats
***err not rageblade*
***hextech gunblade
DanGR (4:15): buff all the people that need grb
***or something
***in return for nerfing grb
HiyaShaya (4:16): some points are coming up about soraka
***36 mr in 5 seconds
***125 armor
***much stronger silence
***IMO they're killing sona harder than soraka
DanGR (4:16): who uses q?
***LOL
HiyaShaya (4:16): the fact that its useless
***says something
DanGR (4:17): its useless because soraka is squishy as hell
HiyaShaya (4:17): i see what they're trying to do
DanGR (4:17): not because the damage isnt good
HiyaShaya (4:17): soraka will have to be 'closer' to teh fight
***and not just be trolololol wing and ulting
***once per fight to guarantee victory
DanGR (4:17): so that forces you to build tanky
***and not heal
HiyaShaya (4:17): thats fine
***is it not?
DanGR (4:18): she's support
***she doesnt farm
HiyaShaya (4:18): exactly
DanGR (4:18): they need to make her naturally tanky
HiyaShaya (4:18): tank items are cheaper
***and CDR comes with tanky items
***2.5 second q at 12 magic resist debuff
***have 40% cdr...
***1.5 seconds dshredding 12 magic resist
***thats actually a really strong thing in team fights
***and doing things like baron
***40% cdr also gives her a 2.5 second silence every 6 seconds
***thats also strong
***IMO they're good changes, maybe a bit too much heal nerfing
DanGR (4:19): in return for making her early game ****
HiyaShaya (4:19): mm
***well... armor buff
***makes her save a carry from ganks a bit better
***but stops the carry from being unharassable
DanGR (4:20): how does her lane partner harass 2v1
***?
***with her heal on a 20 sec cd
***tell me that
HiyaShaya (4:20): remember, the other heals are being nerfed too
DanGR (4:21): ok
HiyaShaya (4:21): but her silence got buffed
DanGR (4:21): forget taric sona
HiyaShaya (4:21): meaning she has a reasonably okay form of cc
DanGR (4:21): janna vayne
***how to haras sthat
HiyaShaya (4:21): mm
***janna 2op, only reason she isnt considered the best support atm is because of the heal meta. they'd prob nerf her shield or something. LOL.
DanGR (4:22): probs
HiyaShaya (4:22): to be fair, they'd have to increase the cd on her shield a lot, but then tanky dps hard cc duos will rule the universe again
***i think they're cutting numbers a bit too much.... support + carry is just going to be replaced by support + hard cc tanky dps. but support atm is too strong anyway, people have been -seriously- considering running duo support in games TSM runs zilean in mid and another support at bot
DanGR (4:23): ive seen crs do taric sona
HiyaShaya (4:24): europe runs double support too i've been in games with double support (sona + taric) and they got fb followed by constantly owning soraka + ashe always full health, could never get ganked
DanGR (4:24): counter heals with MORE HEALZ
HiyaShaya (4:24): scale reasonably well with less gold
mm well they nerfed heal debuffs too much IMO if they made executions more viable
DanGR (4:25): they should rework ignite or something
HiyaShaya (4:25): they wouldnt need to nerf the late games of supports this much yeah ignite seems a little UP atm just about anyone bar mages run exhaust instead
DanGR (4:26): reduce the CD by a ****-ton and take away the damage or something I DUNNO something
HiyaShaya (4:26): junglers are running smite + ehaust over flash or ghost which is lolsy
I read the log. I agree with parts of it.
Personally, I'm just reacting to the changes Shurelia posted. Double cooldown on her heal would wreck her laning phase really really hard.

Think about it this way. Doubling the cooldown on it is WORSE for laning than just halving the heal on it because of the armor buff it gives. Imagine soraka with half the healing in laning phase. Why would you ever pick her? Her only utility aside from healz is a nasty silence.

They buffed her Q. Isn't going to make a difference laning.
Overal nerf to her E, which is only gonna make her laning even worse.

Not to mention HALVING the AP ratio on her heal. IIRC, good soraka players get AP runes. If you take that into account, the small base heal amount buff isn't even gonna make up for the AP ratio nerf, as far as laning goes.

In return, armor amount increased... yay...

Also, Shaya, we're not high level yet buddy :p
Yea...Soraka in lane isn't going to have much to offer after these changes. She might just be more a liability than anything...but who can tell.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if after these changes we see a rise in cc champs that don't require too much farm to be effective. Alistar and Leona are the first that come to mind, mostly because of their crazy innate tankiness (through ult and shield respectively). Either of those I could see filling the no cs role supports are handling right now.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Soraka... a liability... yea... sure.

She's a fountain right now. Like, literally, she is your fountain, sitting there at your bot outer turret. You know what she's gonna be after these changes? A fountain with twice the CD. SPOILERS ABOUT SORAKA NEXT PATCH:
She's still going to be stupid strong because she's still just going to sit there healing you, but hey, at least ranged carries won't be able to pretend they're as durable as rammus every 9 seconds anymore

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I just bought malzahar....What do?

(I said i was picking up every caster...lol)
Farm without spells as long as you can, until 5 or 7 at least

Harass with E

Never ult (unless you are shaya) without first putting your pool underneath your target

Get blue buff

Win games

EDIT: Why the crap did Huk leave TL. My hero, gone to the dark side... joining forces with Idra... :'(

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Yeah. Its a damn shame. I like Idra. He has willingly made himself into the villain of starcraft and I think the scene is a little more exciting because of it, but TL is cool team and is basically responsible for the NA community and fans. It sucks that they lost their star player. Gotta get them $$$.

Anyway, back to LoL, I played a few ranked games yesterday that made me consider not playing this game anymore. I hate when games are basically lost from the character select screen.

arch knight

Smash Lord
Anyway, back to LoL, I played a few ranked games yesterday that made me consider not playing this game anymore. I hate when games are basically lost from the character select screen.
Are you talking about when everyone complains about what others pick? or just your thoughts on the team?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Until you get to a level where you and your opponents are similar/equal in skill you can pretty much pick whoever you want as long as you're not trying to force a bad matchup.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Oh... I don't know. I know there are some VPNs that you can pay a little bit to use that redirect your IP address so that your school doesn't block it, there is also a free one that I used for a while that was kind of annoying and would DC periodically, lol (but it was the only free one, called Hotspot Shield). After a while a computer savvy friend of mine set one up for me.

You could also find out what port it is that League needs open and message the school's tech guy see if he's friendly/agrees to open it for you.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Are you talking about when everyone complains about what others pick? or just your thoughts on the team?
Having three good picks, and having the 4th and 5th pick basically ruin the team. Not the skill of those players. Just the characters they pick ruining the team comp. I am all for janky play in normals, but listen to your team when picking in ranked.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's just people playing online... it's not like it's unique to this game, lol.

I agree that people should be more serious in ranked, but people will always do whatever the hell they want.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nowadays when I play a game on LoL, I typically wait to see what the rest of the team picks before deciding on Rammus or Trist.

I just wish I had other champions to play that were fun and interesting, but none of the others come across as such to me.
I have Blitzcrank, Twisted Fate, and Alistar, but I absolutely despise playing as the latter two champs, while Blitz is more or less to just screw around with.

arch knight

Smash Lord
Nowadays when I play a game on LoL, I typically wait to see what the rest of the team picks before deciding on Rammus or Trist.

I just wish I had other champions to play that were fun and interesting, but none of the others come across as such to me.
I have Blitzcrank, Twisted Fate, and Alistar, but I absolutely despise playing as the latter two champs, while Blitz is more or less to just screw around with.
im the same way espy...except nowadays i just say to hell with it and instalock Maokai because then I can fill the tank and damage role equally since i know few people will ever pick any kind of tank -.-

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You don't like playing as Alistar? He's super ****. Asserts dominance and control, great at peeling people off your carries and initiating, and one of the best oracle's carriers in the game.

Blitz can be game-changing if you get good with him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He is gay, but he doesn't do any damage and has to be in the middle of everything, so I consider him acceptable.

Unlike Orianna... who is gay and does a lot of damage from completely safe range.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)

You can't wait to see what your team picks in ranked if your top pick. Even if you ask what people want to play the odds of getting a response is really low. I would happily pick whatever the team needs knowing what people plan on playing. But idiots who either don't say anything and pick who they want or can only play one thing but say something after you have picked annoy me to no end.

I don't know why you would dislike Alistar, I find him incredibly fun to use whether it's support or ap carry. He still does decent dmg as an AP carry PX I don't know what your talking about (he just isn't as tanky then).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Doesn't matter if he doesn't do damage, PX. He's gay. Very gay.
So is TF. Not so much as he used to be though.

I just hate playing characters that are so good.

@Arc: I've never played ranked, and probably wouldn't unless I'm playing with people who already know what roles I fill.

Top Bottom