• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
iirc, Riot is located in greater LA area o_O, nowhere near San Fran.
That is exactly what I meant.
Damn I'm stupid.

ANYONE LIVE IN LA NOW? I'M NOT INTO 6 HOUR COMMUTES SO YOU SF GUYS GET THE **** OUT.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
gl DD, you got dis. I hear Riot's impossible to get in, but you ****, so they gotta let you get in. Also you'd probably beat them all with Mewtwo, so that's gotta count for something, right?
I actually called them all out with my Mewtwo in my application. Legit:
[removed image due to censor dodging in it.]

Also, I have no idea how to write a cover letter. I assumed it boils down to sucking up while still trying to look good.
I also realize now it would have been better stated as "I will **** your **** with a sideways trombone as Mewtwo". Dammit, I hope they don't notice.

I'm definitey a shoe-in for the customer service job though. My last 2 jobs were customer service and I was pulling Iron Man numbers.
-DD

BunBun

Smash Master
I actually called them all out with my Mewtwo in my application. Legit:
[removed image due to censor dodging in it.]

Also, I have no idea how to write a cover letter. I assumed it boils down to sucking up while still trying to look good.
I also realize now it would have been better stated as "I will **** your **** with a sideways trombone as Mewtwo". Dammit, I hope they don't notice.

I'm definitey a shoe-in for the customer service job though. My last 2 jobs were customer service and I was pulling Iron Man numbers.
-DD
In general, a company does not want to pay for summer interns lol.

Also, I get the feeling I should post a guideline of things NOT to do on job applications...

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I loved to pick Caitlyn for her early game strength at forcing out opponents early, but with Vayne in the game now I think she's obsolete in that respect. Perhaps there are certain matchups that Cait can do better, but I think that Vayne past level 6 just does the early domination game better.

Her only perceived weakness that I've identified is that she has extremely weak push power. I imagine that pitting her against Mordekaiser could lead to good results as he can mitigate her harass and push her to no end.

On the subject of her squishiness, that's not unique to her - Corki shares the same problem and with a much less usable escape spell (and no stealth either).

Honestly I think Caitlyn's just been outclassed.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
I loved to pick Caitlyn for her early game strength at forcing out opponents early, but with Vayne in the game now I think she's obsolete in that respect. Perhaps there are certain matchups that Cait can do better, but I think that Vayne past level 6 just does the early domination game better.

Her only perceived weakness that I've identified is that she has extremely weak push power. I imagine that pitting her against Mordekaiser could lead to good results as he can mitigate her harass and push her to no end.

On the subject of her squishiness, that's not unique to her - Corki shares the same problem and with a much less usable escape spell (and no stealth either).

Honestly I think Caitlyn's just been outclassed.
hmm i disagree

Though it might be because i haven't played against a great vayne yet and i enjoy bashing noobs with caitlyn while she's free to play =P

what i like about cait is that you can push towers so well and relatively safely thanks to her traps and E, because scrubs only wanna fight and dont care about taking towers.

Btw does caitlyns ult get canceled when i cast it on a stealther and he turns invisible?

PS: today i killed someone with a trap, then i finished his lane mate with q to ult while he desperately ghosts away .. lol

Spife

Smash Master
I usually don't like bob's music, but ultimate show down and hakunamatada (sp???) are too goot

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Lesson learned. When shen says for me to first pick shen, i give up teemo. Then he says to q the bush, i get *****. Never listen to shen :p

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Just had a crazy game as Irelia. 21-12-16, 70 minutes. I ended with Mallet, Veil, FoN, Triforce, GA, PDancer. 423 CS. It was basically 4v5 because our Morg was so bad. I had to build supertank to at first deal with 20 stacks Veigar, and then because they had Veigar/Rumble/Poppy. Highlights of the game were my item choices, I sold Wriggles for Mallet which was huge, and then I sold treads for PD. That let me actually push, which is something only our 100% crit shaco could do, but he was shaco.

No one on the other team had more than half my CS, and it was like that for the entire game. Jaz #1 ricer. :3

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Like everyother patch Shaya comes in here with a beaming smile saying how they are finally fixing one of Shaco's 1435354 glitches with Hallucinate.
Then they don't.

:troll:

Spife

Smash Master
I check every patch notes for shaco changes. That's the ONLY reason I check patch notes >:

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Play ranked with Zac, Dan, Tom, Iggy.

Enemy team invades our jungle to start the game. They SPLIT and overcommit. We ace them. Zac buys a BF sword on Caitlyn at 4 minutes. G freakin' G.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
LOCODOCO CAME INTO SWF

and asked for normal

while i was coop vs ai on my smurf *** MY LIFE GOD DAM

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Locodoco (2:15): any1
Locodoco (2:15): wanna normal?
HaveFunIntheSun (2:19): WTF
HaveFunIntheSun (2:19): yes
HaveFunIntheSun (2:19): can i get on my main
HaveFunIntheSun (2:19): lol
SAFEHAVEN25 joined the room.
SAFEHAVEN25 (2:20): wtf loco is gone
SAFEHAVEN25 (2:20): almost a dream come true

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
wow that is pretty painful to look at

i love that guy no homo

okok i kinda look like a fanboy but idgaf

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
hmm i disagree

Though it might be because i haven't played against a great vayne yet and i enjoy bashing noobs with caitlyn while she's free to play =P

what i like about cait is that you can push towers so well and relatively safely thanks to her traps and E, because scrubs only wanna fight and dont care about taking towers.

Btw does caitlyns ult get canceled when i cast it on a stealther and he turns invisible?

PS: today i killed someone with a trap, then i finished his lane mate with q to ult while he desperately ghosts away .. lol
You cannot push a tower against Vayne. If you try to, then you eat Tumble damage + Silver Bullets damage, and you just cannot afford to keep trading Peacemakers with that. You can push the creeps to her tower and let them do work, but then you're just asking to be ganked.

Also, Vayne's Tumble says "I don't give a **** about your traps and zoning Cait." It's frustrating, really. I killed her at level 4 or 5 due to really smart play on my part that actually used all 3 skills fairly well, but after that she was just too strong to overcome.

And yes, the ult does get cancelled. I had it happen earlier when Vayne stealth Tumbled.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Cait definitely ***** vayne in lane lol
Early levels, yes, to an extent. Later levels, no. She's going to have Tumble much more often than I'm going to have my passive, and that leads to a major disparity in burst damage, not to mention she gains a lot more from an extended fire fight. Cait's range means next to nothing as Tumble crosses the distance easily.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
If cait keeps up in farm she can outlane anyone. Just net away from aggressive play. Net>peacemaker combos. Just harass and zone with traps and punish her last hits. Eventually she'll be too low to do anything aggressive and you've won.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i cannot stay connected to pvpnet for more than like 10 minutes

its not a problem on my end

its da serverz

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow... just played rumble for the first time tonight.

Like wow.

So much base damage. This guy wrecks. O.o

E and R is a decent amount of CC. And I rushed rylais so I had even more.
Rylais, sunfire cape, void staff was pretty effective.

Top Bottom