• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
How do I suck less at this game?
and how do I carry?

also, I want to start playing premade 5's (ranked or normals), I'm mad at the soloqueue random chance thing. Also, use of skype (or I guess ts) is preferred, because vent haaates me.

Name is Spife in game.
Play a variety of characters. What I found is that playing different characters and different roles made me realize two things:

1) How to properly fill a role (I.E. spacing with a carry, drawing aggro as a tank, etc.)

2) What the common points among them are that lead to success.

As far as basics, glancing at your mini-map constantly is a must, especially during laning. If anyone goes MIA you back up until you find out where that champ is. Learning how to last hit properly is also powerful (this is where playing a champ repeatedly comes in handy, however). Learn how to ward your jungle. Learn to play champs that either A: punish mistakes of the other team (Eve, Nocturne, for example) or B: save your team from the mistakes they make (Janna, Zilean, for example).

That's all I got for now.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I got to play with 5hit yesterday in ranked. He was pretty bad =/

Since he thought he was better than us, a lot of simple objectives never got done and we never grouped properly. Meh. His tips in that thread are pretty good though :p

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Man this new tenacity stuff is good for ranged carries.

That cloak and dagger is a really good dps item (and you're paying 400 gold for +2 crit, 5% AS and 25 tenacity, comparing to merc treads thats a pretty good deal).

40% crit percent, 55% as speed (zerkers) + infinity edge for only 6k gold is almost all the damage you would need on a ranged carry before you can invest in some defence, or if needed move onto last whisper / more damage / more crit chance.

Also as of now:

Ranked Games:
Jungle Ezreal: 12-5
Jungle Malzahar: 4-1

Jungle Malzahar is so OP.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
holy f**k I need to learn how to play a ranged AD champ

I just noticed that this is my first Ranged AD champ that im actually trying to learn

idk how to build her though...like am I supposed to be a glass cannon? (talking about vayne)

annies new walk animation make me sad....no more skip....=[

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I see a lot of people bash on the new Tenacity items, but I really love them.
I like not being forced into Mercs all the time, and for the most part they are very efficient items by themselves.
I really like the Philo Stone upgrade, making a double Philo Stone start seem very worth it now that you can upgrade both into something relevant by endgame.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Vayne is so fun :D 12/5/(idk) in my first game with her. One of those deaths was to turret after I juked the Maokai with 40 AP(just like that ****ING Jax) at level 1 from killing me >_>

Nephene + Me in lane is stupid good. We just have to be in our own Vent channel so you don't hear/we annoy you with our code words. Example: "GURL SHE ALL UP IN MY WEAVE" means ****ing sheild me so I don't die/so I can kill them.

Oh and it turns out that all my random DC's are from my router assigning my brother's laptop the same IP address. I now have a static IP so I won't DC anymore. :DDDDD (Though last night was a server problem, not my router. It usually is my router though).

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I've fallen in love with Philo stacking Alistar :3

0/9/21 for the summoners CDR, mana regen, and movement speed as the most important masteries.
I've been starting with boots+pots, blue pill when I can get my first Philo and a ward or two, and try to get my second Philo quickly. From that point I just ward, and work my way towards something like an Aegis for my team. Hopefully I'm getting enough assists to keep up some decent farm, and I really like the new Tenacity upgrade of Philo. Frees up my boots for Swiftness which makes positioning Q and W so easy, especially with his passive ignoring unit collision.

Just had a game go to the 40 minute mark and by then I made my second stone a Shurelya's, and took a Sheen so we could easily push down their last towers.

L__

Smash Master
so I heard the end of season 1 is gonna happen in summer this year

anyone have a specific month known?

nvm found out

june 21st

L__

Smash Master
would anyone be down to play a few ranked games later today or something

if possible I'd like some critique on my skill

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'm half an hour in.
This **** just got real.

My headbutts with Alistar are improving every game I play with him.
I'm having so much fun with him. Nothing stops an Alistar who just popped Ghost/Shurelya's/ult from headbutting their carry into your team.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Finally lost an Alistar game after a 6 game win streak...
Our team couldn't carry the worse Jax I have ever seen... fed 22 kills, would run off on his own while the other team forced 4v5's on us, and then kill him after the fight.
Worst part was that he called us a noob team after the game ._.
I guess my 6/3/25 Alistar wasn't good enough for him :(

GOD!

Smash Ace
Hey! I'm one of those "bad people" show some respect!
bro u routinely screw up horribly and then flame me for it for no apparent reason

and tank my elo cause u like being ********

and all i do is laugh cause that's like the only solution to the problem apparently LOLLLL

so sorry, no respect =D

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Anyone got an explanation for the ****ing incredible increase of Jax players, besides free Jax week?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure Mogwai is right on the money. Cloak and Dagger gives CC reduction while they can still grab Tabi for dodge proccing... plus the badass Jaximus skin didn't help things either. Just wish the Jax players weren't all god awful.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If only Jax wasn't worse than other melee bruisers in general :\
Every other melee champ that sees play has a lot more utility to offer the team than Jax does. His only utility is an RNG activated stun, so he can't even use it every time he wants to use it.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure Mogwai is right on the money. Cloak and Dagger gives CC reduction while they can still grab Tabi for dodge proccing... plus the badass Jaximus skin didn't help things either. Just wish the Jax players weren't all god awful.
Iggy and I had a ranked game where our Vayne top got dominated by Jaximus. I think her end score was 1/9/3 or something like it.

Loss Forgiven, though.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Something about Jax having cc reduction is really lame.

Like you know, whenever you stun him he would usually would no longer have his 140% AS steroid up (or was it 120%?) and then you'd be like LOLOLOLOL.

BUT NOW, HE STILL HAS THAT STEROID UP AND KILLS EVERYTHING, FARRRRK.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Something about Jax having cc reduction is really lame.

Like you know, whenever you stun him he would usually would no longer have his 140% AS steroid up (or was it 120%?) and then you'd be like LOLOLOLOL.

BUT NOW, HE STILL HAS THAT STEROID UP AND KILLS EVERYTHING, FARRRRK.
Tanky DPS Vayne is complete bs. I was Cait, she dove me at my own tower and killed me from full health, then walked out with at least half her hp left. That's just straight up dumb - I can tolerate that on Xin or Irelia or Trundle or any melee champ really, but a ranged carry that can build tanky and still be dealing killer damage is just straight up dumb.

She got completely fed by a noob malz, so perhaps this is biased, but it was not a good first impression.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Tower diving with ranged carries isn't old....

Even though Ezreal doesn't have as much of a "punch" any more to do it, he used to be able to quite well. lol

It probably didn't help if she actually stunned you by impaling you onto the tower.

vayne has quite a bit of burst with the E Q and W proc

along with triforce that's a ton of damage

in fact I'd say that she really only needs Triforce and then she should build cloak/dagger and then some defense items

_Dice

Smash Ace
vayne is p. bad.

at least in terms of helping her team win, she is pretty much like kat. she deals alot of damage, is easily shut down has pretty reliable escape, and is only useful when fed.

Plum i just logged in instantly.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Tower diving with ranged carries isn't old....

Even though Ezreal doesn't have as much of a "punch" any more to do it, he used to be able to quite well. lol

It probably didn't help if she actually stunned you by impaling you onto the tower.
She didn't. She just straight up auto attacked me to death, taking tower hits the entire time. It was frustrating, but I recognize she was fed and that probably had a lot to do with it. I just hope this isn't what she's always going to be like.

_Dice

Smash Ace
She didn't. She just straight up auto attacked me to death, taking tower hits the entire time. It was frustrating, but I recognize she was fed and that probably had a lot to do with it. I just hope this isn't what she's always going to be like.
vayne is incredibly vulnerable until about 9. i just sit there and harrass the f out of her starting at lvl 1, and deny her the majority of her xp, and she just becomes a laughable excuse for a champ the rest of the game.

Vayne dominates teams without any stuns or debuffs though (bad ones)

Top Bottom