• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

_Dice

Smash Ace
I don't understand how so many people keep saying, "So and so can solo Baron at low levels." I wouldn't even think it's possible to solo baron, even at level 18. Do you, like, hit and run over and over? I'd like to know how it's possible.
dragon. not baron

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ok, so how is Nunu such a good jungler? I suck so bad. Is it all about AP or AS Nunu?
Nunu is really good because he basically has his own smite and an AS buff, so he can clear wicked fast and counter jungle like a boss.

From what I see you basically build Tanky AP though.

Also, with enough Lifesteal/AD you can solo Baron.
-DD

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Ok, so how is Nunu such a good jungler? I suck so bad. Is it all about AP or AS Nunu?
You can clear all of jungle very quickly with just a Ruby Crystal.

Also, Shaco used to be able to solo Baron at level 12 with Green pot and lifesteal when his clone got duplicate items.

Spife

Smash Master
Mogwai on Dyrus's stream atm. Go go mogwai!

Also I recently picked up lee sin, copying Coobie's build (start dorans shield, then boots, brutalizer, warmogs, atmas, etc), and oh man it's a barrel full of fun. Possibly multiple barrels. Seems to be the only bruiser I'm not terrible at.

OMFJOHB! N64 plays LoL!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!KP@RNOUFIEWBUVI pwiurabjd

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
you can solo baron with certain characters with enough lifesteal

like jax or warwick or smth

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Most characters who can solo Baron seem to be those pretty mediocre carries like Yi and Jax.
Then you have some others who can do it like Olaf... and that stuff is just downright scary because Olaf is actually good :3

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Nocturne is still pretty good imo...

I think it's fortunate for nocturne that other "Opish" characters are cropping up, which reduces the attention on the guy. Mainly because most characters who were really really strong continue to be played a lot until people realise they weren't as strong as they were (i.e. too weak) due to constant nerfs because blah blah.

People will focus on the new wave of fun and while Nocturne will remain strong, he hopefully won't be seen as nerf worthy.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I don't think Irelia is -too- strong either... maybe strong as a tanky dps... but not exactly OMG THE KING OF TANKY DPS.

Like by all means, a strong pick, and generally always a viable choice.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'm not really saying she is too strong either, and there are very few characters in my mind that are at that threshold.

But she is good enough to be a candidate for massive QQ from the forums. Let's be honest, characters don't have to be op to just get hit with 20 nerf hammers as long as enough people QQ about it. It's just that people are too busy complaining about other characters that are actually worse than her, so Riot never really has a reason to touch her.
There's just too much "WTF how is Mordekaiser not broken?" followed by "Mord es #1 hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue" for people to notice Irelia.

EDIT:
Hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue

Vyke

Smash Champion
zzz, ****ing having to duo with reep taking all the last hits and raging at you for dying when cow dings 2 and just kills you is super.

Like, not gonna pretend I played well or anything ******** like that, but he could be much less of a tool about it.
I played with Reep once or twice when he streamed, he was pretty humble back then.

Goes to everyone's head eventually, I guess.

_Dice

Smash Ace
how to convince nubby vlad player to stack hex tecs?
I did this out of spite for my team once. and then i carried T_T

lol i felt like a failed troll.

my team were huge a-holes to me. i died once (at 18 minute mark) and it was the first death, and i died in order to pool 4 champs to save our Ashe, janna and singed from certain death (they were all under25% at the time), so yeah i sacrificed myself to save 3 teammates and got **** about how noob i am for dying ect ect. so i thought, screw you guys. sold my boots/warmogs/item and started stackign spell vamp, and then was depressed when i healed 700 every Q. :(

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Amumu has an easy to miss skillshot and an ult that doesnt disrupt casters.

Shen and Alistair are the best tanks right now, easily.
forgot about alistar.

Mummy is still really good tho, imo. If you're not confident with bandage toss then just get flash and you can initiate with it->ult.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Teach me to not be bad at Malzahar :< Information on both setup and gameplay is appreciated
EVERYONE IGNORED MEEEEEE :(

Seriously, Malz is one of the champs I was considering buying with all of my saved up IP (over 6300 at this point) and I want to get better with him. Runes and strategy are both appreciated, as well on tips on how to lane effectively

Limeee

Smash Champion
EVERYONE IGNORED MEEEEEE :(

Seriously, Malz is one of the champs I was considering buying with all of my saved up IP (over 6300 at this point) and I want to get better with him. Runes and strategy are both appreciated, as well on tips on how to lane effectively
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=405

malz is really easy, hes like the sivir of casters. just remember. farm, farm and then farm some more, and then go WER ****
oh and positioning properly with him is kinda difficult but not that big of a deal
:009:

Mr.C

Smash Master
so who's the best tank right now?
Ali, Shen, Amumu, Cho.

Shen is always banned so he doesn't really count. Alistar is the best roamer, intitiator + cc bot, straight up terror. Amumu is a very strong tank jungle pick with good ganks and team fighting capabilities. Cho is an unstoppable top solo tank, with two forms of CC plus a hefty nuke on a very short cooldown with cdr.

Personally I think Cho & Ali are the best tanks, Shen is amazing as well but he is never capable of being picked.

Rammus is still very good but his strength in the jungle was significantly nerfed when the neutrals were buffed.

D

Deleted member

easy n00b guaranteed gank kill mid is flash ult then bandaid while crying and tantruming

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Personally I would generally prefer Mummy/Alistar/Cho to Shen but I feel like Shen is sometimes needed to counter or attack splitpushing teams because of his ult.
Like when I think about it I feel like Shen just gets outdone in every other area other than countering certain comps. He can't lane like Cho, he can't jungle like Mummy, he can't roam like Alistar, and I never feel like he can do as well as them in team fights. Other tanks just have more CC and amazing ways to initiate a fight, and if you don't really need Shen's ult then I think others are just better.

Top Bottom