• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Okay, for the record guys, I do NOT play Ryze anymore; only when a team desperately needs it and I haven't played him in at least 2 weeks. It was kind of nice, but I just got bored with the playstyle.

Also, when I said that class is BS I was including Ryze as well; it's just a broken concept, imo

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Bouncing chest is Smoke2Joints aka S2J aka the don of gods aka the emperor of gangsta Aka Johnny Kim

Ookorafan is Ook the dk player aka magic Pen

and btw vocal you cant really say much about any character that frustrates you lol (Ryze avatar)

Rumble does need to be nerfed, vayne is idk, I think this game needs an anti tank hero that is super duper solid and make people question picking ashe instead of any other ranged AD
That first part of your post made me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6iA2Pxucwc&feature=player_detailpage#t=321s

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
Audacious Charge does about 15 damage less than Three Talon at max rank, does it instantly, and provides more slow (since it scales with level) and a different type of damage output (magical) so that you don't have your harass shut down instantly by them being smart and packing early armor.
lmao ok but

who buys early armor as a carry?
just buy 2-3 dorans blades as health.

also arent mr/level blues standard on a lot of carries?
plus armor pen reds and a quint for me.. idk still not sure i want magic damage over phys

i guess the slow matters though, if its significant percentage increase then maybe a few points in e after all

and yeah seeing higher elo players in swf makes me want to know who they are and if theyre good at smash too

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does anyone have the Mac Client link?

I dont remember if M3D played on a mac or not?
I'm pretty sure it's in closed beta now :(

However.

If you google something along the lines of "mac league of legends download" or w/e you can probably find a link to a download of some sort. An unofficial one.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
lmao ok but

plus armor pen reds and a quint for me.. idk still not sure i want magic damage over phys

i guess the slow matters though, if its significant percentage increase then maybe a few points in e after all

and yeah seeing higher elo players in swf makes me want to know who they are and if theyre good at smash too
Believe it doubles from 1-4. Also, multiple Doran's blades aren't going to save you from Xin burst, while early armor will, and will allow you to continue to free farm.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
i mean there is logic and intelligence but

who actually goes and buys armor on their trip back?

serious question. ive seen maybe a solo carry do it twice. ever.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

good players do if they need it. lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm in love with hard core dps shaco again.

Yeah sure Xin is a much easier face roller jungle/ganker, and hence being a lot better in solo queue too.

But Shaco damage scales soooooooo ridiculously. haha

IMO here's my plan:
1. Wait for guinsoo to fix clone crit damage / back stab bugs
2. Find the best maokai main ever
3. Duo queue
4. ????
5. 2500 Elo

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Think of it this way. Xin is an assassin. His main job is to kill you early and stop you, the carry, from farming and becoming dangerous. What's the easiest way to avoid this? Buy defense early instead of damage since assassins can outdamage you in early confrontations. Then you don't die, farm up a crapton, and they taper off b/c they didn't get the kills they need.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm in love with hard core dps shaco again.

Yeah sure Xin is a much easier face roller jungle/ganker, and hence being a lot better in solo queue too.

But Shaco damage scales soooooooo ridiculously. haha

IMO here's my plan:
1. Wait for guinsoo to fix clone crit damage / back stab bugs
2. Find the best maokai main ever
3. Duo queue
4. ????
5. 2500 Elo
chu8 will already be at 2500 when they fix the bugs

and hes the best maokai

but ive been copying his build (and doing my own sometimes) and its pretty fun

but only in normals and ive never played him in ranked so

ya

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
lmao ok but

Xin's slow is also AoE, affecting more people than the 1 guy you are probably focusing. Having that ranked earlier could let the rest of your team catch up to the people they need to while you go ahead and **** that guy. IIRC, it also scales down in CD's per rank. Forgot whether his Q scales down any or if it's just bonus damage.

Believe it doubles from 1-4. Also, multiple Doran's blades aren't going to save you from Xin burst, while early armor will, and will allow you to continue to free farm.

Well if you need to at least make sure you don't lose the lane, you will do what it takes to make it happen. Extra pots/pink ward instead of reg ward. etc. Winning/keeping the lane with a bit less damage > losing the lane with more damage.

Think of it this way. Xin is an assassin. His main job is to kill you early and stop you, the carry, from farming and becoming dangerous. What's the easiest way to avoid this? Buy defense early instead of damage since assassins can outdamage you in early confrontations. Then you don't die, farm up a crapton, and they taper off b/c they didn't get the kills they need.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
not about what i build lol

about what they build

and dont worry i understand the game, just pointing out the contrast between what happens and what should happen (?) if that makes sense

also gotta love an unranked renekton getting in my queue two games in a row

then failing in his lane and blaming (guess who lolllll) me, the jungler, for not keeping him alive

so 26 elo, gone cause of one dumb kid....haha u have got to be a little crazy to keep playing this game til 200e elo

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Anyway, for the sake of conversation...

Damage over 7 seconds:

Current Shaco (base stats @ 18):
Physical Magic Total
1743.44 857.35 2600.79
1954.488 908.82 2863.308
(second row includes backstab)

With clone critical strike / backstab fix the damage isn't increased much (well duh, critical strike chance is 0!) BUT LETS take a looksy after an infinity edge.

Current Shaco @ 18 with IE:
Physical Magic Total
3640.89 897.35 4538.24
4135.428 956.82 5092.248

With clone bug fixes:
Physical

so a 759.33 damage increase. That may not -seem- like much, but when you considering the clone also scales 1:1 in attack speed, the hyper scaling goes bonkers.

-

In a game I had where I GOT FED, (Ghostblade, IE, Wiggles, Zeal, Zerkers) [this doesn't include me triple potting and having baron buff]
If shaco clone bug fixes were around:

Physical

What I was actually doing:
Physical

... So yeah... I would have done 3000 more damage in 7 seconds with the same items once bug fixes come out. LOL.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

It seems as though the link is down right now on the actual forums, but here's another place to get it.

http://www.allroundgeek.com/2011/02/play-league-of-legends-on-mac-os-x.html

Just download it via direct download or torrent and yada yada yada. The only problem that I've really found thus far is that there's a high chance you have to set Character Graphics to Low when you get into an actual game. Otherwise everyone will be invisible and the environment will go into trippy-*** colors. This is typical with the Mac Client though, supposedly.

I'm pretty sure I've never posted here before, but I've been lurking for quite some time. <.<

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1

I do play on the Mac. You can find the download link here: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/ezodw/league_of_legends_mac_beta_link_to_dmg/

It will take a while to patch though cause that .DMG file is almost a year old now. A lot of the issues listed in that thread have since been resolved. There are no more invisible characters. The targeting reticles are "fixed" now, meaning they are broken in the same way as the PC ones instead of REALLY broken like they were before.

The biggest problem is that it still takes a long time to load and there is a little bit of lag loading at the start of the game. You will get into the game just a little slower than everyone else. Then there will be some lag opening the store and again when you select your first and second spells. This causes me to be a little bit late out of the fountain and can really screw me up in lane if I forget about it and don't get to a safe spot before I click on a new spell when I level up. As a rule, I activate all the available tool tips as I run to lane so that they don't accidentally lag me later at a crucial moment.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I'm actually having a lot of trouble staying on one champ to get better with. I guess it's good in some ways (I mainly play tanks,support, jungles, ashe/corki). I do not play AP carries for some reason unless you count kennen and a haven't played anivia in months.

It's good that I'm flexible, but it also demotivates me to play ranked because I feel like i'm subpar with a bunch of champs rather than good at 1 or 2. Subpar may be understating my skill, but I certainly don't think I'm at a high enough level with any of these to semi-carry myself out of low elo.

That being said, I would really like someone to pair with to play ranked on maybe set days or set times that we can agree on either through pms or something. So I can start the grind before the reset to get decent in ranked and have someone to talk to during the games.

I'm also looking for someone to run me through a olaf jungle run or two and explain the nuances of the jungle route that I seem to be missing from theoddone vids I see. Such as specific position for his Q and what not. I can clear the jungle only sometimes and I feel I'm missing some subtleties of it.

Like with Trundle knowing that you want to Q after an autoattack so you speed up your jungle is pretty critical to jungling with him.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
GG Shaya. Sucked that Vayne fed mid. She can't really afford to give Corki level advantage though. Leads to her getting denied pretty easily.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I think Alistar is my new carry.
I had a huge deficit in my w/l ratio for normals and Alistar (with a splash of Irelia when we have a tank already) has pretty much single handedly carried my games to a positive w/l ratio.

I don't know if it is just easier to play Alistar than other tanks but I just can't keep my team as safe or secure kills with other tanks the way I can with Alistar. I just try to be as supportive as possible with auras (Aegis, Shurelya's, etc.) and a lategame Sheen actually makes me do some decent damage and push pretty well. I just love that I don't have to actually take dedicating tank slots after Aegis assuming somebody on their team didn't get really fed. Between Eleisa's Miracle and Shurelya's I have enough mana regen to endlessly spam E which really starts to add up between fights when you have no worries about mana, and still have enough mana for multiple Q's and W's each fight.

All I need as Alistar is good positioning and I can just hand my team free kills all game. When I play somebody like Amumu or Cho if they dodge my skillshot I feel so useless as I wait for its cooldown to come back up, and I think that's why I love Alistar so much. With my build taking Eleisa's Miracle to make room for Boots of Swiftness, taking Ghost, Flash, and Shurelya's all make initiating/positioning the easiest thing ever.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero

I'll buy cloth armor when I'm dealing with a tough lane. Think I might start doing that against Vayne, actually, though I'm not sure if it'd help enough.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
@Plum - AP Alistar OP. Seriously. Try it.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium

I'll buy cloth armor when I'm dealing with a tough lane. Think I might start doing that against Vayne, actually, though I'm not sure if it'd help enough.
The first two things I always get against Vayne are a cloth armor and boots plus whatever pots/wards I need.
I think the cloth is more important first, and get the boots second.
The cloth helps against everything but the Silver Bullets proc, and the boots should give you the mobility to just make it very hard for her to get that proc. A lot of Vaynes I see will go out of their way to get that third attack in to proc it even if it means crossing over the "river" (where the river would cut through if it went through mid lane) and that means they take at least a few seconds of minion aggro (which pushes her lane) and opens her up to a gank from a roamer or jungler who is in the area.
If they play safe and avoid getting into that position then they really shouldn't be getting that Silver Bullet proc on you because your mobility, and the rest of her harass shouldn't do too much because of the cloth armor.

Spife

Smash Master
That being said, I would really like someone to pair with to play ranked on maybe set days or set times that we can agree on either through pms or something. So I can start the grind before the reset to get decent in ranked and have someone to talk to during the games.
I have a better idea; play 5's with darkdragoon, macd, vanz and I :3

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
!!

maybe i should play cow

i will try it with this mindset.
You can also treat him like Malphite's ult every 15 seconds.

I also find his Trample extremely amusing in teamfights.

You do your combo or w/e then run around screaming "OH GOD PLEASE DONT HURT ME OR MY TEAMMATES!"

Then you do it again. It reminds me of someone running while crying hysterically XD.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
!!

maybe i should play cow

i will try it with this mindset.
Doran's Ring, Lucky Pick x2, Sheen, Deathcap, Lichbane, DFG

You will literally 1-shot some squishies with Pulverize.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i dont get DFG on anyone, even poppy

i think ill go d-ring to deathcap to lichbane and see how that works out for me

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I'm actually having a lot of trouble staying on one champ to get better with. I guess it's good in some ways (I mainly play tanks,support, jungles, ashe/corki). I do not play AP carries for some reason unless you count kennen and a haven't played anivia in months.

It's good that I'm flexible, but it also demotivates me to play ranked because I feel like i'm subpar with a bunch of champs rather than good at 1 or 2. Subpar may be understating my skill, but I certainly don't think I'm at a high enough level with any of these to semi-carry myself out of low elo.

I'm also looking for someone to run me through a olaf jungle run or two and explain the nuances of the jungle route that I seem to be missing from theoddone vids I see. Such as specific position for his Q and what not. I can clear the jungle only sometimes and I feel I'm missing some subtleties of it.

Like with Trundle knowing that you want to Q after an autoattack so you speed up your jungle is pretty critical to jungling with him.

Duo with me babe.

Top Bottom