• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
arcnatural, i'll duo with you if you play alistar every game.

i think i might be picking ali up this week or next.

also vocal, you can't go wrong with any of those 5. just don't expect noct to be as faceroll-easy-mode as everyone tells you. his nerfs have hurt worse than most people think.

Cia

das kwl
LOL veigar
DFG is the first thing I build on this guy. It's insane.

Speaking of Veigar, I feel like he's really underused and he brings so much to the team. If he's given mid, all he has to do is Q-farm the whole time and he's almost impossible to out harass by level 6-7. And his ganks pretty much guarantee a kill. I'm not seeing why ppl don't use him.

_Dice

Smash Ace

Speaking of Veigar, I feel like he's really underused and he brings so much to the team. If he's given mid, all he has to do is Q-farm the whole time and he's almost impossible to out harass by level 6-7. And his ganks pretty much guarantee a kill. I'm not seeing why ppl don't use him.
his issue is to make him the most effective you stack a TON of AP, however that makes him simply countered by MR, so he much balance extreme amounts of AP and SP in order to not become useless.

also people undervalue his stun in team fights.

Frolossus

Smash Lord

can't tell if srs
veigar has absolutely zero laning presence at all until he gets his ult, during which time the stronger laners just zone him out of exp range

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Veigar is an excellent counter to AP carries like Kass, etc who stack AP hardcore, but if they rely on other damage sources you aint doin ****.

D

Deleted member

wtf

excellent counter to kass?

da ****

holy ****

what the ****

hes an excellent counter if he gets caught yeah..

gets ***** in lane really really bad (by kass)

gets ***** in teamfights by kass

kass silences and poops on him generally when hes busy doing something else

only chance is if kass gets caught like a noob

if u are paranoid u can get quicksilver and remove stun summoner flash out as fast as you can

doesn't seem like a good pick vs kass at all

fkacyan

Smash Hero
wtf

excellent counter to kass?

da ****

holy ****

what the ****

hes an excellent counter if he gets caught yeah..

gets ***** in lane really really bad (by kass)

gets ***** in teamfights by kass

kass silences and poops on him generally when hes busy doing something else

only chance is if kass gets caught like a noob

if u are paranoid u can get quicksilver and remove stun summoner flash out as fast as you can

doesn't seem like a good pick vs kass at all
We can talk the intricacies of teamfights all day. If veigar is concerned about silences he can make a QSS. The difference is that veigar will instantly kill somebody stacking AP, wheras Kass wont instantly kill veigar.

I wouldn't pick veig for kass, though, it was more of a general example, douche.

lol its not censored

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Man I love when I get to play Amumu in ranked. Prom King dries his tears reeeaaal quick ^_^

In other news, although I've played less in the past couple days due to life, my elo is steadily rising. 1178 atm, hoping to break 1200 before the week is out

jpak

Smash Lord
just cause you dont do well with veigar or have seen anyone do well does not mean hes bad.
play nyjacky and your opinon of trist and veigar will change =D

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Mind is officially blown. I thought the voice actor of Ezreal was Justin Cook, but recent changes in the wiki say that it was Kyle Hebert. So I email Kyle and he responded super quick and told me that he did voice him as well as Jarvan.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I've reached 1190! Only one victory from breaking back above the start line :D (Now I'm hoping I don't lose and get demoralized lol)

In other news, I just realized I have a 100% win rate with Cho. (Only played two games with him, but that's still a nice feeling ^_^)

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
This may sound crazy, but I think playing so much ARAM improved my team fight positioning which then led to me being a better player in actual games.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
This may sound crazy, but I think playing so much ARAM improved my team fight positioning which then led to me being a better player in actual games.
And then you realized that playing so much ARAM had so many other drawbacks.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Didn't know Veigar ***** Kass, my every feeling and intuition ever would tell me otherwise, that being kass' role and all (anti-carry/mageslayer)

mfw people don't realize that veigar's stun is conditional upon contact with a surface and kass has a low cd blink

and kass's silence and damage are guaranteed

veigar sucks

Vyke

Smash Champion
Mind is officially blown. I thought the voice actor of Ezreal was Justin Cook, but recent changes in the wiki say that it was Kyle Hebert. So I email Kyle and he responded super quick and told me that he did voice him as well as Jarvan.
Lee Sin is voiced by David Wenham.

jpak

Smash Lord
alright alright veigar is bad because kass can beat every carry based on what kass is "labelled," and cause he has the ability to force escapes out of kass

Vyke

Smash Champion
I dislike ARAM because it's a coin toss between having fun or not, even if you're looking to just have fun.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Duo with me babe.
arcnatural, i'll duo with you if you play alistar every game.
I'll let you guys know. Thanks!

Edit:

I should point out I mainly jungle/tank/support again. I know Zolga plays solid carries but I would really like to pair with a carry or maybe AD bot EU style.

The champs I play decently (for me) are in no particular order:

Comfortable with in Ranked:
Trundle (j), Amumu (j), WW (j), Cho'gath (j), Shen (j), Ashe, Corki, Taric, Janna, Alistar, Kennen

(j) = Can jungle with

Can play but not comfortable yet:
Olaf (currently learning, jungle), Anivia, Shaco, Ezreal, Udyr (j)

If you have any questions you can ask, I may be on around 8-9 tonight but have plans earlier currently.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
how does kass **** veigar lol

i mean kass low cd blink but that means that veigar first of all has to not hit kass with an edge of his circle and if he misses, then he still has amazing control over kass positioning

and this is all assuming they are 1v1... veigar can catch an entire team , while kass can.. die trying to kill veigar. i dont get where a 2(or 3) second silence is going to make kass able to suddenly **** the world.

also i love veigar. i think the reason hes not as viable is cause you cant really carry with such a single target and relatively long cd champion. idk though, maybe its cause kassadin is uch a ****** HARD COUNTER lol..

Spife

Smash Master
The champs I play decently (for me) are in no particular order:

Comfortable with in Ranked:
Trundle (j), Amumu (j), WW (j), Cho'gath (j), Shen (j), Ashe, Corki, Taric, Janna, Alistar, Kennen

(j) = Can jungle with

Can play but not comfortable yet:
Olaf (currently learning, jungle), Anivia, Shaco, Ezreal, Udyr (j)

If you have any questions you can ask, I may be on around 8-9 tonight but have plans earlier currently.
Wait you don't jungle your ashe? gtfo

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i simply dont enjoy veigar as much as i thought i would

and i know virg doesnt enjoy my veigar LOL

i didnt mean to imply that he was a bad character

i was simply saying i never run DFG on anyone (and dont play veigar at all)

anyways im really bad at the alistar combo that no one else seems to have problems with

so i will just stick with galio and amumu

although im sorry and i apologize for my ****TY galio game last night lul... sorry... i usually like either a solo or to hold bot 1v2 and have a roamer

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
i just played with caseynelsons smurf

and yes he is that bad

he does "the right thing" expecting the team to follow,

even when they are nowhere near him

tehn he see that's the case and does it anyway

and gets ***** then blames the team for being "bad"

sigh

Top Bottom