• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

ITT jpak thinks he is superior to everybody else and acts like a total ****

okok jpak you right sorry bye viegar is bestu #1 mage sorry okok

PS your ****ty attitude is probably why your crap team fell apart too looooooooool

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Blanket warning for all; no need to start insulting other people because you disagree with them over a free to play game ಠ_ಠ

Spife

Smash Master
anyway...just had my first game jungle trundle. ****ing stupid champ. Work my *** off to even do okay as shaco, first game trundle is like "lololol face play!"

God I love him ;-;

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
reginaid es#1 shaco

How long after getting philo stone does eleisa's miracle pay for itself?

oops double. Why couldn't I see my previous post though? that's weird.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Blanket warning for all; no need to start insulting other people because you disagree with them over a free to play game ಠ_ಠ
oh, I see how it is Virg! If we paid for a game, we could flame each other all we want, but because this is FTP, it's suddenly off limits! That's RACISM and I expect better from an Admin. I expect your resignation within the hour.

and re all the Kassadin nonsense... Kass is an AP Carry in my mind, just the same way Pantheon was an AD Carry in my mind. You can call them Anti-Carries all you want, but they still dish out carry level damage throughout the entire fight. Someone like LeBlanc on the other hand runs outta gas after 1 burst, so she's a more stereotypical "anti-carry" since she just buttsehkses 1 guy and then does much much lower damage.

Kassadin has impossible lanes, but he's probably not as bad as most people are saying. Q has 700 range, so unless you have some innate sustainability, Kass can start to push you off your lane at level 3 (granted, he does this slowly, but he still has his ways of establishing some zone control). With that in mind, the characters that really ruin him are bruisers, not ranged DPS.

Kassadin can initiate well with his flash up, a zhonya's ring, or a RoA + Banshee's build. Force pulse is beast.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
reginaid es#1 shaco

The regen stats on philo are already cheaper than the itemcost, so factoring in that + the gold/5...

I dunno, a few minutes?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I read a post by someone who played HoN for about a week. He said that HoN wasn't worth the effort (I forget the entire list but it seemed like he had valid points) and that LoL is just a more polished game overall
I can make valid points for either game from a biased stand point.

Anyways I like both.

Any Any Ways, wish I could play with you guys or at least get on here and shoot the ****. Hopefully soon!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Philostone is OP imo. I mean, they remade it to cost like 280 less without changing the stats, so of course it was too efficient. Then they made it build into 2 pretty good items (well, reverie is better than pretty good, miracle is useful but not great for obvious reasons).

The biggest sleeper item atm is warmog's though. It's efficiency is re-goddamn-diculous and I'm currently of the opinion that it should be a staple in pretty much every Melee DPS/Tanky DPS character's build. As long as you're offensively useful without itemizing for it, warmog's rush should be the default IMO. Then atma's -> FoN -> Triforce, ggnore.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I noticed this new Warmogs trend in your recent match history yesterday. Was trying to look up good jarman builds so I checked your account. :p

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I noticed this new Warmogs trend in your recent match history yesterday. Was trying to look up good jarman builds so I checked your account. :p
boots -> warmog's -> atma's -> FoN -> Triforce -> w/e 6th item

get mercs when you need them
get brutalizer before warmog's if you think the burst will pay off in your lane (usually vs. squishies who you can 0-death, most notably ranged carries and vlad)

6th item is ghostblade if you got brutalizer, otherwise it can be black cleaver, banshee's veil, or anything in between.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
finally the jarvan expert says always get warmogs

i always build it on him because it makes u a fuking champ along with some armor and fon and atmas

even if u just build like sunfire and banshees or something, u can never be super unkillable jarvan

u need warmogs bad

of course then the problem is getting armor before a fight happens. luckily u have 4 hogs so u can get some soon

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
oh, I see how it is Virg! If we paid for a game, we could flame each other all we want, but because this is FTP, it's suddenly off limits! That's RACISM and I expect better from an Admin. I expect your resignation within the hour.
My brother works at Riot and I'm going to show him this post and you're going to get banned. Kay thanks bye.

Also, I started winning a lot with tryn but losing games (with good scores) as pirate. Funny how that works. Normally it's the opposite.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
finally the jarvan expert says always get warmogs

i always build it on him because it makes u a fuking champ along with some armor and fon and atmas

even if u just build like sunfire and banshees or something, u can never be super unkillable jarvan

u need warmogs bad

of course then the problem is getting armor before a fight happens. luckily u have 4 hogs so u can get some soon
I don't ever get more than maybe 1 Philostone in the way of gold/10 on Jarman. He farms like such a boss it feels like such a waste of space IMO =\.

But uh, re-armor, why? You get 52 for free off your E, lawl. That's the whole point of the build on him... you have boss armor without trying anyway, so you can afford to just stack HP and be pretty much unkillable.

My brother works at Riot and I'm going to show him this post and you're going to get banned. Kay thanks bye.
T_T, family at Riot OP, needs nurfs.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
I don't ever get more than maybe 1 Philostone in the way of gold/10 on Jarman. He farms like such a boss it feels like such a waste of space IMO =\.

But uh, re-armor, why? You get 52 for free off your E, lawl. That's the whole point of the build on him... you have boss armor without trying anyway, so you can afford to just stack HP and be pretty much unkillable.
i mean having a lot of hp is ok but if they have someone like yi ww trynd who lifesteals, he will just eat u. having the armor of about a carry doesnt help in teamfights as soon as people figure out the tank is fairly easy to kill

also i always max q and skill e twice.. so i dont have that much armor around level 7 or 8, which is about when u should be getting warmogs together (depending whether you duo or solo)

i guess if you solo then youll be doing ok. but usually i pick jarvan as side lane tank, because some other noobs already have solo lanes, and jarvan is really strong as a side lane tank

so usually im also underleveled compared to their damage
and would need armor

its like you see a sion with 4000 hp and he just absolutely melts. idk never seems to work out in game

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
i mean having a lot of hp is ok but if they have someone like yi ww trynd who lifesteals, he will just eat u. having the armor of about a carry doesnt help in teamfights as soon as people figure out the tank is fairly easy to kill

also i always max q and skill e twice.. so i dont have that much armor around level 7 or 8, which is about when u should be getting warmogs together (depending whether you duo or solo)

i guess if you solo then youll be doing ok. but usually i pick jarvan as side lane tank, because some other noobs already have solo lanes, and jarvan is really strong as a side lane tank

so usually im also underleveled compared to their damage
and would need armor

its like you see a sion with 4000 hp and he just absolutely melts. idk never seems to work out in game
yi, ww, trynd... what? I mean, my combo does a huge amount of their HP and I can keep them off my damage dealers who will kill them well before they're turning their attention to me. I dunno, I'm confused why those characters would ever bother you, if anything I consider them amongst the easiest for Jarman to counter with his 1238109238019283 forms of cc.

honestly though, i don't even know what you're proposing to do... are you saying you need to buy armor before warmogs or something? The whole point of the build I'm telling you is that off of 9K, you get considerable damage output, massive HP, massive resists, and unbelievable sustainability through regen. Like, warmog's + atma's + FoN + Mercs on Jarman gives you over 150/150 Armor/Mres with over 3K HP and like 180 AD... it's really balanced and strong in basically every situation.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
reginaid es#1 shaco

~13 minutes.

Philostone is OP imo. I mean, they remade it to cost like 280 less without changing the stats, so of course it was too efficient. Then they made it build into 2 pretty good items (well, reverie is better than pretty good, miracle is useful but not great for obvious reasons).
Do you see them nerfing it in the future? I think the item was fine before releasing Miracle, but I can see a nerf being realistic now. Support or roaming champs can take two Philos for the ~infinite mana/health regen and be rewarded with two good item options to eventually build them into. Shurelya's is obviously good for the teamwide minighost and CDR, but I think a lot of people I've been playing with underestimate the value of new tenacity items freeing up your boot slot. A roamer being able to take Swiftness or Mobility is so good, as are options like Boots of Lucidity or Sorc Shoes depending on the character.

My Cow absolutely loves being able to get both Shurelya's and Elisa's because more movespeed is pretty absurd on a character so dependent on having perfect positioning.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
the problem IMO isn't miracle, it's that like:

22.5 HP/5
10 MP/5

for 800 gold is already gold efficient. HP/5 is valued at 29 gold per point (from regrowth pendant). MP/5 is valued at 55.7 gold per point (from meki pendant). So like, in sheer stats, ignoring the gold, it's giving you 557 gold worth of mana regen and 653 gold worth of hp regen = 1210 total gold of stats IGNORING THE GOLD/10.

Compare that to the other gold/10s:
Philo: 1210 for 800
HoG: 660 for 825
Avarice: 600 for 750
Kage's: 544 for 765

like, wtf, every other one of them is stat inefficient. Philo is not just gold efficient, but it's EXTREMELY gold efficient. I understand that we think regen loses value as the game goes on and we're supposed to factor that in I guess, but jesus, the comparison is just so stacked in favor of Philostone, it's kinda disgusting that they haven't noticed that it's just straight up imba, ESPECIALLY considering that the very nature of gold/10s is that you buy them early, when regen stats are worth the most.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Even though Philo stone loses effectiveness late game, that's ok. Since it's now late game, you can sell Philo stone (which has completely paid for itself, literally) and buy a new item. It's not exactly wasting space.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. They need to give it the HoG treatment: take away one of the stats completely. Having efficient Mana AND Health regen is silly for laning.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
yi, ww, trynd... what? I mean, my combo does a huge amount of their HP and I can keep them off my damage dealers who will kill them well before they're turning their attention to me. I dunno, I'm confused why those characters would ever bother you, if anything I consider them amongst the easiest for Jarman to counter with his 1238109238019283 forms of cc.

honestly though, i don't even know what you're proposing to do... are you saying you need to buy armor before warmogs or something? The whole point of the build I'm telling you is that off of 9K, you get considerable damage output, massive HP, massive resists, and unbelievable sustainability through regen. Like, warmog's + atma's + FoN + Mercs on Jarman gives you over 150/150 Armor/Mres with over 3K HP and like 180 AD... it's really balanced and strong in basically every situation.
not proposing anything other than

i really hope i dont fight before i get chain vest

and i was only talking about characters with lifesteal. this would apply to really any character who builds lifesteal, even someone like mf or cait with bloodthirster, sitting at basically full health as she ***** me. even if im right in her face, my health is still dropping

and if im facing yi by myself, im perfectly happy. but in a fight where im getting their tank off of our carry, then both teams tanks because of positionaing, will be being hit by 3 or 4 champions probably. warmogs is better late game but early, all you have is natural tankiness, while most other tanks will have something like chain vest/neg cloak who knows.

my problem isnt with good fights where everyone does their job, i protect my carries and they all do their job

its with the awkward mid game ones where you might have numbers or you might not, and when teamfights arent exactly working yet, because no one has truly built into a tank/carry/support/ap champ yet

also shaco sucks. you cant eb good with him, dont waste the time

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Any advice on morgana builds? Currently I'm going:

Mekis/2 mana pots
Tear into staff
Either Mejais or RoA depending on how I'm doing
Sorc shoes
Rabadons deathcap
Banshees viel
Frozen heart

maybe replace one of the last two with zhyonas hourglass..

L__

Smash Master
personally I rush zhonya's hourglass first on morgana, followed by generally defensive items unless I'm not being focused

then again, they can't cuz I can ult + zhonya's :troll:

also I don't think you need tear on morg, I feel if you just manage your mana early game you should be fine with getting a RoA and that gives you good survivability/mana

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Any advice on morgana builds? Currently I'm going:

Mekis/2 mana pots
Tear into staff
Either Mejais or RoA depending on how I'm doing
Sorc shoes
Rabadons deathcap
Banshees viel
Frozen heart

maybe replace one of the last two with zhyonas hourglass..
sapphire + 2 hp pots
catalyst
boots
RoA
Sorc Shoes
Hourglass + Abyssal + Deathcap in whatever order you need them.

IMO

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
boots -> warmog's -> atma's -> FoN -> Triforce -> w/e 6th item

get mercs when you need them
get brutalizer before warmog's if you think the burst will pay off in your lane (usually vs. squishies who you can 0-death, most notably ranged carries and vlad)

6th item is ghostblade if you got brutalizer, otherwise it can be black cleaver, banshee's veil, or anything in between.
This build works if they have a ton of DPS but it doesn't protect you from burst or even sustained magic damage since it leaves you with like 120 MR which is pretty insignificant later on...

You'll be resilient to ranged DPS but if the casters kill you you won't be providing maximum utility/disruption for your team.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Hylians

RoA and Hourglass are more important on Morgana than Deathcap or Abyssal Scepter.

You don't really need Deathcap because you don't output magic damage like a typical mage would. You would rather build survivability so that you can stay around, snare/shield, and get your ult off.

Top Bottom