• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. Your job is to be a **** to people, not necessarily to output complete optimal magic damage.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
This build works if they have a ton of DPS but it doesn't protect you from burst or even sustained magic damage since it leaves you with like 120 MR which is pretty insignificant later on...

You'll be resilient to ranged DPS but if the casters kill you you won't be providing maximum utility/disruption for your team.
I always end up around 180+ MR with FoN + Mercs + MRes/Level Glyphs + 1/8/21 spec. I don't have problems with casters, if anything it need more armor.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
yeah that sounds about right. 100 from FoN and mercs together, with what 30-35 base MR? and other bonuses

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
How easily people forgot the days of Carrygana.

Alas, fair maiden.
Oh no, I remember them well. I miss those days, really; Morg was the first champ that I did well with, and that was around the time that I started to get better at the game. Man I wish I had Morgana from her hey day again; if I did good then then I'd probably murder now.

The Tribunal is up and running! The system is very well done, it makes me happy that Riot actually finally released it

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
It sounds like on another forum the Tribunal is up, if it is you gents should hit it up since you can get 500 IP a day from it IIRC.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Warwick, Nocturne, Amumu, Olaf

not exactly dominant, but good.

Shaco has a good counter-jungle.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I finally did it! I fought my way back up to 1200 :D I'm happy that I've at least gotten good enough to make it back here. Now, on to greener rifts!

D

Deleted member

Is jungle Cho an acceptable competitive pick? If so, what's the correct setup to use? Path, runes, skill order?
atk speed reds, armor yellow, resist per level blue, hp quints(?)

start vorpal

almost any path will work

not sure about anything else lol but i know chogath is a pretty good jungler even if hes one of the best laners

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
atk speed reds, armor yellow, resist per level blue, hp quints(?)

start vorpal

almost any path will work

not sure about anything else lol but i know chogath is a pretty good jungler even if hes one of the best laners
But is he a good competitive pick? I've heard he's a good jungler, I just want to make sure it's alright in draft mode.

Spife

Smash Master
also shaco sucks. you cant eb good with him, dont waste the time
Challenge accepted!

As for jungles, udyr and lee sin are suppose to have some beast sustainability but week ganks. Haven't jungled with either though.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
udyr strong ganking kinda

i mean it requires them to have bad positioning but he is stun on short cd

also there is no challenge, shaco is an awful character lol. save your time and effort

D

Deleted member

But is he a good competitive pick? I've heard he's a good jungler, I just want to make sure it's alright in draft mode.
pretty sure its fine, his ganks are sorta tough but if u land a rupture with red its a kill or a flash waste

can someone link tribunal lol, i'm nub and can't find it

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I play a lot of jungle cho hes ****ing amazing

clears that **** so fast and has great ganks if the person ganking with you has any form of hard CC

So great

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Is jungle Cho an acceptable competitive pick? If so, what's the correct setup to use? Path, runes, skill order?
yes, acceptable pick. good pick. EC won using jungle Cho vs. OGB in their national ESL game 1 this week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK6gTpNVx28

hehe tom would be able to testify about being counter jungled by shaco ;)

basically theoddone basically posted his trundle guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rOdpCb5Ork&feature=feedu
xD

Frolossus

Smash Lord
udyr strong ganking kinda

i mean it requires them to have bad positioning but he is stun on short cd

also there is no challenge, shaco is an awful character lol. save your time and effort
sorry but shaco is the king of solo queue
he is an insane character to play
you just have to get a little creative at times with your ult and boxes to remain useful during games

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
sorry but shaco is the king of solo queue
he is an insane character to play
you just have to get a little creative at times with your ult and boxes to remain useful during games
what the hell does that even mean

"in solo queue"

it means when people are uncoordinated and play more as 1 then 5

shaco doesnt **** solo queue lol

shaco ***** noobs. at all levels, arranged 5s, tournaments, solo, normals

he ***** kids who go 3 bottom against a solo pusher. he ***** noob junglers who dont guard their buffs

he ***** people people who ward int eh wrong places or push even with wards.

he ***** noobs, not a particular game mode

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I finally had to play against a jungle cho yesterday.
he ***** our jungler. Jungle Cho's counter jungling is pretty legit.

Aoe Knock up + Silence? LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I was nasus and we were losing the entire game, however I was laning with soraka, so our bot lane wasn't losing. Either way I got to about +400 damage on my q.

The enemy team got baron and took mid + middle inhib, then started to push bot.
I said "I have teleport up", as top had a pretty pushed lane.
I said 'hold bot for as long as possible'. Took their first outer tower, this was around the time our second last bot tower went down. I finished their second top tower after 1 on our team died and we lost our inhib bot tower.

By the time our inhib was down, I had taken their top inhib tower. I then proceeded to take their inhib. They took 1 tower at our nexus, and when one of my team mates came back to life, they suddenly were able to kill 3 of them in a fight. I took their first nexus tower at around this time, perhaps before they took our first nexus tower.

Suddenly, our team was 4v2 and chased down their last strugglers to score an ace.
My team ran up and we finished their last nexus tower and took their nexus.
I had just ran out of mana just after the last nexus tower so I could no longer q.

Our score was like... 15-40 or something.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
what the hell does that even mean

"in solo queue"

it means when people are uncoordinated and play more as 1 then 5

shaco doesnt **** solo queue lol

shaco ***** noobs. at all levels, arranged 5s, tournaments, solo, normals

he ***** kids who go 3 bottom against a solo pusher. he ***** noob junglers who dont guard their buffs

he ***** people people who ward int eh wrong places or push even with wards.

he ***** noobs, not a particular game mode
cause obviously even top level players are noobs right?
your post made no since cause you use noobs, and all levels of play together

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If you think about it.

Every jungler will **** people who don't ward in the right places or push with wards.

However Shaco has the options to circumvent wards. He's a character that if you have THE KNOWLEDGE/foresight, you can buttsex most people.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
there are noobs at all levels of play, in addition to in all types of play

i was going as broad as possible

its "sense" not since

and it makes perfect sense if u understand the character

a noob is someone who continuously does noobish things

so on the rare occasion a pro does a noobish thing and gets ***** by shaco, hes not a noob, he just performed a noob act

but try playing solo queue shaco against a competent team who recognize shaco needs feed, and play incredibly smart early on

have fun being useless the rest of the game while they win every lane and 5 man push your turret

and if u think high levels of play have no ******* LOL then wow how can i say you are totally wrong in a nice and kind way

i dont care dont listen to me do what u want

Vyke

Smash Champion
I think you're trying too hard to get people to listen to you. You gotta play it cool, man... All Smooth-like... A sarcastic but just-within-the-rules remark to make people simmer a bit.

Spife

Smash Master
I think you're trying too hard to get people to listen to you. You gotta play it cool, man... All Smooth-like... A sarcastic but just-within-the-rules remark to make people simmer a bit.
subtle is the best way to go

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
See, if you have a competent team comp, Shaco can flourish too.

If you have strong lanes, a Shaco can harass your lane and chip at your tower.
If you have strong map coverage, Shaco can intercept ganks, pushes, etc etc.

he also jungles reasonably fast, and can maintain himself quite well gold wise as long as his team isn't feeding either.

Top Bottom