• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Falcinho

Smash Ace
I can see Vayne being an annoying ***** to solo against, but i was rather talking about mid game when our whole team tries to push a tower and good traps make it damn hard to initiate on us =)

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I've played Vayne 3 times now. Every single time I was terrible as ****. I don't understand why or how...but I just consistantly sucked. It reminds me of when I first (and second) tried to learn Corki. Not a good feeling at all

_Dice

Smash Ace
I've played Vayne 3 times now. Every single time I was terrible as ****. I don't understand why or how...but I just consistantly sucked. It reminds me of when I first (and second) tried to learn Corki. Not a good feeling at all
It's because vayne is awful, you pretty much have to get someone 1v1 to be able to kill them, and you are good only when cleaning up team fights.

don't bother learning to play with trash, just throw it out.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Vocal there are 2 possibilities.

You can't carry

OR

Your team sucked balls, every single time, when you played corki and vayne.

Happens.

Spife

Smash Master
I've found that if you focus her she dies.
And by that I mean I found that decive + clone + shiv and she ****s off, or sticks around and dies. The process is much faster the more team mates you have.

She also hurts some.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I've found that if you focus her she dies.
And by that I mean I found that decive + clone + shiv and she ****s off, or sticks around and dies. The process is much faster the more team mates you have.

She also hurts some.
I don't find myself believing that a Shaco without exhaust or a popped box will be catching such a kitey hero as vayne.

Spife

Smash Master
I wouldn't dare try to 1v1 her. All the times I seriously poked her I had teammates nearby.

Also you have to remember I"m garbz at this game and so are my opponents. And I still don't play ranked.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I don't find myself believing that a Shaco without exhaust or a popped box will be catching such a kitey hero as vayne.
Give me a Frozen Mallet, and a phantom dancer or two with a bloodthirster/infinity edge, while having blue buffs and quadruple potted up and we'll see how Vayne gets away from Shaco.

Actually, my money would be on a slightly alternate build where the goal of shaco is to two shot vayne because she shoo squishieeeeeeee~

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
vayne doesn't seem all that good to me. sure good 1v1, but who cares? she doesn't seem overall good.

and no, nocturne isn't really even good now. he's been overnerfed. You guys that don't play him, you should see the range on his ult at level one. it's basically twice as long as a flash now. you can't use it unless you're already right there ready. It's not even an initiation for a gank anymore. now its to catch them after they flash if they were pushing tower when you ganked. even still, if you use fear before they flash, you're still screwed, since it's on a long cooldown and you cant stop them from getting to tower anymore. The only thing I can think of right now is to stop carrying ghost and take exhaust for those ganks. But then you're the squishiest assassin in history with several ways to get in and NO ways to get out. no thanks.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Locodoco (2:15): any1
Locodoco (2:15): wanna normal?
HaveFunIntheSun (2:19): WTF
HaveFunIntheSun (2:19): yes
HaveFunIntheSun (2:19): can i get on my main
HaveFunIntheSun (2:19): lol
SAFEHAVEN25 joined the room.
SAFEHAVEN25 (2:20): wtf loco is gone
SAFEHAVEN25 (2:20): almost a dream come true
Hey, I played a 3v3 with that Locodoco person on my team. He had a good Ashe. I was Mordekaiser and I kinda fed the enemy (died 4 times within 15 minutes), but I eventually learned to defensively farm and jungle and at one point we had a team fight at dragon, I killed all three of them and ult'd Udyr for the game winning push.

I guess I don't know how Nocturne works. It was so frustrating seeing him ult in, kill, and run out, all while being un-cc-able.

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
Wow... just played rumble for the first time tonight.

Like wow.

So much base damage. This guy wrecks. O.o

E and R is a decent amount of CC. And I rushed rylais so I had even more.
Rylais, sunfire cape, void staff was pretty effective.
I agree Dan. I've been addicted to him since he's been free. Seriously considering picking him up. I run a similar build, if they're AD heavy. Otherwise I get an MR item over Sunfire. I haven't tried void staff, I usually go Abyssal, again due to excessive AP dmg on the both teams. Rylais is ridiculous on him.

I also LOVE his durability/escapability. Super fun!

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I've only seen one good Vayne so far, and she stacked AS. After getting SotD and PDancer, she went for BF items. Every other Vayne blindly follows the spotlight and makes sheen/triforce and sucks. I don't know why people are stupid enough to make items that do the same thing as the hero, instead of optimizing to make up for their heroes weakness. Oh wait, everyone here runs MPen on mages.

Trolololol.

(And no one seems to understand that True dmg = anti tank, I don't get how people can be so stupid as to not run life steal + AS on her)

Spife

Smash Master
Is buying the resistance caitlyn skin worth it? (its on sale)
no, because she has that awesome top hat in her original skin

also shaya, I checked out your recents and yeah, frozen mallet is mad cute on shaco, if only for the extra health. I think I grabbed cloak/dagger and was working towards an ie. Should I have grabbed more as though?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Fun fact: A slang term for "Curb Stomp" is "a Russian Mouthwash".

The more you know!
-DD

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
Sweet app to change your recommended items on specific champs. Check it.

Edit: Apparently this is an old app updated. Just FYI.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I've only seen one good Vayne so far, and she stacked AS. After getting SotD and PDancer, she went for BF items. Every other Vayne blindly follows the spotlight and makes sheen/triforce and sucks. I don't know why people are stupid enough to make items that do the same thing as the hero, instead of optimizing to make up for their heroes weakness. Oh wait, everyone here runs MPen on mages.

Trolololol.

(And no one seems to understand that True dmg = anti tank, I don't get how people can be so stupid as to not run life steal + AS on her)
i get triforce and im awesome and you suck

can you lifesteal from true damage? if not, why mention it?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I can play her but like after about 20 minutes...if my team doesnt have hard CC then I end up getting targeted and *****...lol

I haven't lost a vayne ditto yet though.

N64

Smash Champion
Mogwai on Dyrus's stream atm. Go go mogwai!

Also I recently picked up lee sin, copying Coobie's build (start dorans shield, then boots, brutalizer, warmogs, atmas, etc), and oh man it's a barrel full of fun. Possibly multiple barrels. Seems to be the only bruiser I'm not terrible at.

_Dice

Smash Ace

Also I recently picked up lee sin, copying Coobie's build (start dorans shield, then boots, brutalizer, warmogs, atmas, etc), and oh man it's a barrel full of fun. Possibly multiple barrels. Seems to be the only bruiser I'm not terrible at.
i made lee sin my main because he is so much fun, man jungle lee sin is crazy good, you should try, i mean you can solo dragon at 5/6 easily which manages to sneak in dragon before some teams get wards up there. and beyond that just running in with your kick and multiple teleports means you can definitely do alot of saves and teamwork.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's very little synergy between AS and lifesteal. If you wanna go an AS build then go SotD & Wit's End or something and forget stark's.

Warmogs+atmas on her would be **** on an AS build, btw.

Personally, I'm gonna try a teemo build on her.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

zzz, ****ing having to duo with reep taking all the last hits and raging at you for dying when cow dings 2 and just kills you is super.

Like, not gonna pretend I played well or anything ******** like that, but he could be much less of a tool about it.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
i made lee sin my main because he is so much fun, man jungle lee sin is crazy good, you should try, i mean you can solo dragon at 5/6 easily which manages to sneak in dragon before some teams get wards up there. and beyond that just running in with your kick and multiple teleports means you can definitely do alot of saves and teamwork.
I don't understand how so many people keep saying, "So and so can solo Baron at low levels." I wouldn't even think it's possible to solo baron, even at level 18. Do you, like, hit and run over and over? I'd like to know how it's possible.

Top Bottom