• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Player-3

Smash Hero
damn i played four games of solo q today for the first time in like a month and a half

what happened to people LMFAO every single game people just whine in all chat about champions???? is this normal now???

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Real? This has been happening since like, early season 3.

Akali is so OP!

Kha'Zix is so OP!

Riven is so OP! wah wah wah etc

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
damn i played four games of solo q today for the first time in like a month and a half

what happened to people LMFAO every single game people just whine in all chat about champions???? is this normal now???
Orianna game I played hours ago people were complaining more than actually playing cause they didn't know what to do after killing the splitpushing heimer.
Fiddle was pretty mad after we lost despite it being loss prevented thankfully.

REAAAALL ranked later today cuz only tested the waters with ranked earlier and thankfully rewarded with loss prevented cause rito issues.

Niko45

Smash Master
I don't agree, I'd say Bork essentially wastes a ton of gold on Jax. Tank killing and dueling is something Jax is going to be good at with any item, and a BORK is 100% countered by, say, a randuins omen. The sustain you actually get from Bork is also miserable in comparison. It's not about how it looks on paper, where gunblade still wins, it's about building triforce gunblade and feeling like a 1v5 unkillable god, vs building a bork and jumping in and dying. If you just play one Jax game with Bork and then play one with gunblade directly after the choice is clear...

People don't realize how little the Bork is actually giving them because Jax is strong as fk and triforce is still carrying (for a while) even tho ur wasting gold. If the argument is actually that Jax needs an attack speed item (which I don't agree with) then he could also be simply building better attack speed items than bork.

Last edited:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
the fact that solo lane lulu has become a thing makes me so happy lol after her s4 changes i knew it was only a matter of time

especially since alex ich used lulu mid for the first time so many people were like "lol pls"

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
On the contrary, I'd say Bork essentially wastes a ton of gold on Jax. Tank killing and dueling is something Jax is going to be good at with any item, and a BORK is 100% countered by, say, a randuins omen. The sustain you actually get from Bork is also miserable in comparison. It's not about how it looks on paper, where gunblade still wins, it's about building triforce gunblade and feeling like a 1v5 unkillable god, vs building a bork and jumping in and dying. If you just play one Jax game with Bork and then play one with gunblade directly after the choice is clear...
Since when is bork countered by randuin's. 40% attack speed and his passive with hitting faster when hitting something 8 times... compared to having the gunblade you say is infinitely better on him. Besides how actually rushes randuin when top, people just go sunfire anyways.
Also again, % damage. Even if he's attacking a tad slower than how you'd feel if you weren't attacking somebody with randuins/wardens, he still does that extra damage in % health.

You'd still die if you went triforce and gunblade too ya know. Gunblade offers the chase, but bork does it better for an extra second and giving you their movespeed that you stole. Also gunblade doesn't help so well when escaping which Bork helps with along with giving you some health back to either help you survive longer and do more damage if you jump on or into the enemy team, or even keep you alive cause of that 100 health it gives back.

There's a reason people are building Bork and not going back when they have cutlass already and having to spend 1200 on revolver.

the fact that solo lane lulu has become a thing makes me so happy lol after her s4 changes i knew it was only a matter of time

especially since alex ich used lulu mid for the first time so many people were like "lol pls"
As much as I love gambit
>alex first one to use it

tfw nobody will know zamphira started it all and was leagues ahead of the meta :^)

Last edited:

Niko45

Smash Master
Since when is bork countered by randuin's. 40% attack speed and his passive with hitting faster when hitting something 8 times... compared to having the gunblade you say is infinitely better on him. Besides how actually rushes randuin when top, people just go sunfire anyways.
Also again, % damage. Even if he's attacking a tad slower than how you'd feel if you weren't attacking somebody with randuins/wardens, he still does that extra damage in % health.

You'd still die if you went triforce and gunblade too ya know. Gunblade offers the chase, but bork does it better for an extra second and giving you their movespeed that you stole. Also gunblade doesn't help so well when escaping which Bork helps with along with giving you some health back to either help you survive longer and do more damage if you jump on or into the enemy team, or even keep you alive cause of that 100 health it gives back.

There's a reason people are building Bork and not going back when they have cutlass already and having to spend 1200 on revolver.
What? People will forego sunfire for Randuins all the time if Randuins is better...

The % health damage is being reduced by armor. So is the active.

A tad slower? Lol, melee auto attackers vs Randuins sucks ass dude.

There isn't actually a reason for it. You just trust that there is one. If gunblade becomes standard on Jax again, he will be in line for nerfs. I promise.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Passive UNIQUE: Your attacks deal 5% of the target's current health in physical damage (60 max vs minions and monsters).

where duz it say armah maks % hellth damige lowah?
Also, if you go gunblade you're gonna attack even slower and do less damage in that case lol

Last edited:

Niko45

Smash Master
It's physical damage...

If I go gunblade I'm going to have more burst damage and more sustain so I trade like a boss.

Building attack speed into attack speed debuffs is horrendous.

The thing is, unless you are attacking a DC'd mundo, attack speed only goes so far. In practical application, Jax is going to get kited, and then catch up with Q. There will be natural gaps in his autos where even if you have the attack speed, you still can't auto. Not to mention your W resets every 3 seconds.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Building no attack speed into attack speed debuffs is even worse.

While I hate doing this, here's something fer ya. Go on probuilds and tell me how many gunblades you see compared to blade of the ruined king.

Niko45

Smash Master
Building no attack speed into attack speed debuffs is even worse.
Completely wrong. EDIT: Just to elaborate for anyone actually interested in learning (sorry for the rude response), attack speed debuffs are % debuffs of your total attack speed, which means they scale and remove more attack speed the more attack speed you have. It is massively inefficient to build attack speed into them at all.

While I hate doing this, here's something fer ya. Go on probuilds and tell me how many gunblades you see compared to blade of the ruined king.
#sheep

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Gunblade vs Botrk depends what you are up against.

It's more often gonna be Botrk but Gunblade has purpose.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
also I just want to mention that BotRK's unique passive is indeed reduced by armor.

Not that it matters, Gunblade is a terrible item that no one should use. lol.

Also it's not that inefficient to build more attack speed into attack speed buffs when you have a passive that 1. does a tonne of magic damage and 2. when you have BotRK.

also why does smashboards give me 20+ alerts every morning I wake up help.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Completely wrong. EDIT: Just to elaborate for anyone actually interested in learning (sorry for the rude response), attack speed debuffs are % debuffs of your total attack speed, which means they scale and remove more attack speed the more attack speed you have. It is massively inefficient to build attack speed into them at all
Uhh, I wouldn't say massively inefficient. It's basically the same scaling rationales as armor vs armor penetration, etc etc. Like, enemy carry builds a last whisper, it's "massively inefficient to build armor into last whisper". No; you're just losing 35% of 'gold value' of the armor items you buy. Jax I guess has a bit of an argument due to the massive amount of AS he can get, but to say an offense stat is inefficient (and hence not worth buying) due to randuins/FH is not really correct. If you're an auto attacker and have sub 1 attacks per second (easy to do if you're around 1 base lateish game and are getting chunked by 20%+) you tend to feel really sluggish.

I would say botrk is better in more kitey, less duel centric games. If you're Jax and you think AAing is going to be a thing you can get away with forever, then holy **** Gunblade will be, by far, noticeably more ridiculous. 20% spell vamp is nothing to scoff at. BOTRK will give you a more assassin-ish play pattern that Jax tends to be forced to play.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
also I just want to mention that BotRK's unique passive is indeed reduced by armor.

Not that it matters, Gunblade is a terrible item that no one should use. lol.

Also it's not that inefficient to build more attack speed into attack speed buffs when you have a passive that 1. does a tonne of magic damage and 2. when you have BotRK.

also why does smashboards give me 20+ alerts every morning I wake up help.
It's good on akali.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
REAAAALL ranked later today cuz only tested the waters with ranked earlier and thankfully rewarded with loss prevented cause rito issues.
I played a Normal a couple days ago that had no lag, then I got a loss prevented for it... then I played a ranked game right after that that had people constantly DCing, no loss prevented. \(o_o)/

I thought the thing about Gunblade was that it's absurdly overpowered when somebody can actually use all the stats, which Jax/Akali/etc can. Even after all the nerfs it's gotten.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I played a Normal a couple days ago that had no lag, then I got a loss prevented for it... then I played a ranked game right after that that had people constantly DCing, no loss prevented. \(o_o)/
I actually just got DC'd in the middle of a game, so it might not just be you.

So ticked too...
I was jungling as WW. 2 of our teammates gone, so I had to lane, and we were still winning. Right before the final attack on there nexus it disconnected me. I'm so damn salty. Guh.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
sunnysunny can you use the custom post color in preferences, I can't read your posts ever which is why I have custom colours off.

Life

Smash Hero
Do BORK's and Hextech's actives stack? Because if anyone has an excuse to get both, it's Jax.

Not that it's necessarily a good idea even if they do. You still need Triforce and tank items.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Who do you guys think will get nerfed soon? I hate that my favourite champ is FOTM and can't wait for him to not be (so he doesn't get picked), but i'm worried that being FOTM will get him nerfed.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Who do you guys think will get nerfed soon? I hate that my favourite champ is FOTM and can't wait for him to not be (so he doesn't get picked), but i'm worried that being FOTM will get him nerfed.
Are you talking about Wukong because I hope so. Easy 480% AD scaling initiation too op.
also nerf Khazix imo
nerf lee just because I'm tired of seeing him in every game for the past like 2 years or whatever
nerf Lebonk too ok

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Wu's ult isn't OP at all. You can dash inbetween the E and R so it's not guaranteed, and if you're not stupidly fed you'll get blown up insatntly if u just engage on a team without baiting out CDs first.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wu's ult isn't OP at all. You can dash inbetween the E and R so it's not guaranteed, and if you're not stupidly fed you'll get blown up insatntly if u just engage on a team without baiting out CDs first.
good thing every champion has a dash then

Guess my practice from now on will be ranked games because every normal game I've played was filled with dumbness and "it's normals who cares" :c

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
They'll probably tack on an ULT cd nerf to Wu.
Or they may try get him out of the jungle, I'm not sure if riot really intended him to.
I don't get why Riot cares what role their champs are played in. I would've thought it was a good thing that a champ can play multiple roles, it makes them more versatile.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
wukongs initiate is super op
Again, if you're really far ahead and/or have baited CDs.

So many times I've initiated on the carry and caught 2-3 other people in it, but got blown up straight away because my team didn't follow up and/or didnt' force CDs first. It's really good for skirmishes in the jungle though.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I played solo-lane Lulu a bit last year before it was cool when only Zamphira used to do it. In fact I won my first ever ranked game with Mid Lulu. It's funny because her rework nerfed her viability as an AD but made her a much better AP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom