• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Well I normally have tank boots, a GA, a cleaver and some filler tank items like a Randuin's.

Hydra Cleaver and Whisper are core on Wu and if you're not building those you're wasting his AD ratios and might as well just play another champ with knock up like Malphite who has no individual pick potential (unless he's AP).

Player-3

Smash Hero
wukong passive gives him tons of resistances why build ga when he would scale better with hp

hydra is pointless on wukong

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lich bane only reduced Lulu's burst late game. Her mid game damage will be the same especially since she builds athene's/morello's first anyways

Lich bane is a 2nd/3rd item usually. I prefer nashoor's tooth anyways too.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
wukong passive gives him tons of resistances why build ga when he would scale better with hp

hydra is pointless on wukong
I don't see the point of saying 'Hyrda is pointless on Wu' without explaining why. I'm not going to realise why it's pointless unless you give me an explanation.

GA synergises well with his kit because the passive helps him when dives, and he has the chance to do something after the revive because of a low cd gapcloser and decoy.

Hydra is good on him because it gives him waveclear and combat stats. Lifesteal suits champs who build more resistances than health. Also gives him a second auto reset. The AoE compliments the fact he'll be in the middle of a fight, and that he has an AS steroid. Isn't hydra core on like every AD caster now?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The biggest problem with Hydra is you can't use the active or passive while you're using ult (4 seconds is basically half a team fight).

imo grab a vamp scepter and probs never upgrade it and instead go with your 1, 2 or even 3 (if you're really fed) offensive items and the rest defensive/boots

GA is a sucky noob trap item until late late late game imo

Edit: I rushed GA on ashe when I started playing

I also bought thornmail because the tutorial told me to

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I don't see the point of saying 'Hyrda is pointless on Wu' without explaining why. I'm not going to realise why it's pointless unless you give me an explanation.
K
Hydra is good on him because it gives him waveclear
His waveclear is already fine with his multiple target dash and its follow up attack speed buff. Obviously Hydras is better, but when Wu's waveclear is already fine as is, theres no need to prioritize it.
Lifesteal suits champs who build more resistances than health.
Wu SHOULD build more health than resistances though, so...
Also gives him a second auto reset. The AoE compliments the fact he'll be in the middle of a fight
Except while he's in the middle of the fight, he's spinning and cant use said auto reset or aoe until afterwards.
Isn't hydra core on like every AD caster now?
Only ones that rely on autos for a lot of their damage or have long cd's. Wu mostly brings utility/initiate and q burst (which is kind of an auto I guess) and has shorter cd's as well as plays more like a hit and run moreso than he does spam autos.

It's not so much that Hydra is bad, so much that the synergy isnt the greatest, so you would probably be better off just getting something different.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The biggest problem with Hydra is you can't use the active or passive while you're using ult (4 seconds is basically half a team fight).

imo grab a vamp scepter and probs never upgrade it and instead go with your 1, 2 or even 3 (if you're really fed) offensive items and the rest defensive/boots
You tell him not to get hydra cause he won't be able to use it during ulting (not disagreeing here) but then tell him to get a vamp scepter.
That's backwards, he's not gonna be autoattacking either lol. He gets the "lifesteal" when he has elder lizard and hitting jungle creeps.
When you start a teamfight as wukong your sole objective is get as much damage off with your ult/Q and die, you won't be needing to auto attack much anyways. Just use the 800 gold to start building for randuin's.

We are talking about jungle wukong rite? Not like top or mid?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I build hydra on whether I play top jungle or mid.

You guys are making out that Wu does nothing but an ult in teamfights. That's obviously his most important role in a teamfight, but most of your kills actually come from finishing people off with your other spells. Also, sometimes in duels and skirmishes it's better to cancel your ult at a certain point (usually after the knock up) so that you can use your other spells (they do more damage than individual ticks of your ult, or you might need to decoy a spell at a key point).

The reason why you play Wu is to have a snowbally assassin with an AoE bruiser ultimate. If you just want a knockup bot that does no damage you just run tank Malphite or something. There is no reason to play Wu over other knockup bots if you're just gonna build him tank, his kit isn't designed for that.

I can't see what you would drop Hydra for. Hydra is amazing for waveclear and skirmishes, and is worth the gold at every stage of the game. Things like Randuins only really become worth the gold investment late-game when every fight is a 5v5 with a full build ADC (Randuin's is normally my last item).

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Speaking of Hydra, I prefer building it on Shyvana over Bork. Am I bad?
She just seems like she has so many viable items that I usually build differently every game. Randuins, Sunfire, Mallet, Triforce, Bork, Hydra, Spirit Visage, even Warmogs and Wits End.
(I wish they would un-nerf Warmogs, it's so underwhelming unless you have it combined with Visage)
Although there was that one normal game where I built 4 Warmogs on her and never came close to dying and killed everything with high base damage, that was fun.

Anyway, drop GA on Wukong for Randuins or Sunfire. The Randuins active is amazing with his ult, and the extra health/armor/passive help prevent you from dying, so you don't need to waste a 5 minute CD to continue fighting like you do with GA.
BT is better than Hydra on Wu, though iirc you don't build that unless you're snowballing like mad. Every extra point of AD is amazing on Wu because of the insane scaling on his ult.

Player-3

Smash Hero
hydra shyvana is good but people go bork because her aoe is fine and it helps her stick to people in teamfights and get more damage off

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
You tell him not to get hydra cause he won't be able to use it during ulting (not disagreeing here) but then tell him to get a vamp scepter.
That's backwards, he's not gonna be autoattacking either lol. He gets the "lifesteal" when he has elder lizard and hitting jungle creeps.
When you start a teamfight as wukong your sole objective is get as much damage off with your ult/Q and die, you won't be needing to auto attack much anyways. Just use the 800 gold to start building for randuin's.

We are talking about jungle wukong rite? Not like top or mid?
iunno I was talking about lane sustain =P

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Again, if you're really far ahead and/or have baited CDs.

So many times I've initiated on the carry and caught 2-3 other people in it, but got blown up straight away because my team didn't follow up and/or didnt' force CDs first. It's really good for skirmishes in the jungle though.
teams not responding to an initiate isnt a fault of wukong

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Man these server issues right now are so silly
I almost threw a ranked game because of the server lag. No one else on my team was lagging either so I was like INTERNET PLS Y U DO DIS but then when I had a short DC I realized my internet was working fine and after the game I got a notification about server issues.

That feel though when youre Valor and dive into the enemy Cait , but you lag out mid dash... Ended up going 14/5/10, but 2 of those deaths were straight up me getting DC'd mid fight and I'd like to believe if those DC's didnt happen id have done even better kill wise as well.

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Shyvana used to have epic cheese with tiamats cause everyone hit by her Q would apply a tiamat proc (resulting in lols damage when hitting a lot of targets in dragon form). I think most hydra builders come from that background... Sadly hydra only procs once on Shyvana's Q now :[

Botrk is just better for sticking, applies to her burst with Q with %hp damage, and it also helps with objectives better.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Tiamat is a selfish item for Shyv. It's alright if you're blue side and plan to be an asshole in the enemy top jungle. But realistically, right now, her AS scaling is significantly more noticeable.

Things like Tiamat are an awkward build path for shyv too when you get the most out of getting it early, but shyv usually wants to be building vamp scepter and tankyness (sunfire) so she can weather enemy storms better; so the pickaxe buy really throws a spanner in the works for her there.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
wukong is a teamfighter not a splitpusher

hydra is a split pushing item
Again, Hydra is for both. Statik Shiv is for purely splitpushing. You can do both splitpushing and teamfighting, particularly in soloQ when your team is less coordinated.

Edit- Why only blue side Shaya?

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wu has no reason to build statik shiv because he doesn't want crit though. Hydra is a pro-split pushing item and has a niche in 1v1 for the extra burst but is usually hard to get the most out of in team fights unless you're inside a minion wave (happens) or they're all on top of you (happens). tiamat is like the most selfish item purchase on Nocturne for example, but the situations where he can get the most out of it in team fights is probably more than any other character (oh yeah, Fiora, lel)

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Again, there's no point saying something if you're not going to give an explanation.

Hydra gives you waveclear, it also gives lifesteal (useless for splitpushing most of the time) and high AD, which are combat stats. Shiv has faster splitpushing because of the AS and the movement speed, but they are less effective combat stats on casters.

Aero- I'm not saying that hydra is the optimal teamfight item. I'm saying the reason why people get hydra over a splitpush item like shiv, or a pure combat item like a BT is because it gives you splitpush whilst also giving you good combat stats (at least for casters anyway).

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Wukong's splitpushing with a BT is good enough imo.

Edit: Scratch that, continue building Hydra, it's not that terrible. I'm more worried about you buying resistances over health on Wukong.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The only pure resistance items I build on Wu are boots and GA. The passive on GA is too eniticing for me. As I've said before I normally get an Omen as my final item and have the health from Cleaver. Besides the lifesteal from Hydra synergises better with resistances than with health.

Assuming a build of tank boots hydra cleaver whisper GA omen, I can't think of what I would drop GA for.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Switch that around then to Randuins as 3rd item instead of last and GA as last or 5th item now.
Both the resistances that boots give isn't enough despite his passive nor is that measly 200 health from BC.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
xin jungle is hillarious right now because nobody expects the damage of elder lizard brutalizer after being used to the full tank xins during s3
Yeah, I built him wrong last time. He's still really good if you play aggressive as hell and get sotel/youmuus into tank items. Last game enemy team was about as generic as it gets: renekton, gragas, pantheon, lucian, karma, still rekt them all. So fun to play (albeit easy)
But yeah, need to play balls to the wall if you're playing Xin. I was probably too scared last time.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Hey guys just wanna see if I can get some advice on how to carry feeders in Bronze. I just had a game where my whole team fed, and most people here are gold or above, so I figured you guys would probably all have been good enough to carry this game in my position.

Our team went 9/30, I got 6 of those kills and did by far the most dmg to champions (I think I almost doubled the next most). I was Wu top against AP Jax (lol). the rest of my team's KDAs were 0 5 0 Fizz (Fizz then afkd at level 8) 1/11 Garen jungle (he got executed by red buff lol) 2/5/1 Quinn and a 1/5 Thresh (or something similar).

I went 6/5/0. My first death was Vi cleaning me up after I 1v1d Jax. Second one was another Vi gank, I killed Jax 1v2 then would'v killed Vi too but was OOM (also didn't have ult). I also got no ganks at all from my jungler. Third one was a three man gank, and the fourth one was a four-man gank (got like 2-3 ults and some flashes as well). Last death was a teamfight where they engaged and I ultid 3 of them, but they focused me and blew all their CDs on me because I was the only one with items.

Basically I'd just like to know what I should be doing in games like that, because I'm really bad at carrying losing lanes and afks (that's why I'm stuck in,low Bronze now and probably don't deserve Silver). Games like this are probably like 70-80% of my top lane games, and I imagine it was the same for everyone else. I know there's no one trick to carrying games, but what am I most likely doing wrong, or could be doing better?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I got into gold in about 2 weeks after being in stuck at silver5/bronze1 for season2&3. Before I tried to get a role I could carry from or a single role to be comfortable and confident with, but I found a lot of success by just filling unwanted roles and doing competently in them and giving my teammates their best roles to better my chances over all. No reason to take away adc from some dude and have him feed as support when you are confident that you can do well in all roles, even if you can only play 1 champ per role competently.

If you did well and got fed for a game don't pat yourself on the back...that needs to be how well you do in all your games. You're not going to win every game...the only factor thats consistent between all games is you. As long as you do well every game, you'll win the games that otherwise would have been a clutch loss. Stomps will be stomps tho lol there's always luck involved.

But I dunno, i'm still **** at this game so I could totally be talking out of my ass.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
First, not all games are winnable. If you get an afk, that's usually gg. I had one in placements, he was jungler and gave my lane opponent a kill, ended up like 0/4/1 before afking. We would have dominated the game if he stayed, because we were doing very well even 4v5.
Second, my personal opinion and I might be biased, but top lane is a crappy role to carry from. Snowballs are generally started by the mid laner or the jungler, and if you're in those roles and get yourself or your team snowballing, you can use that advantage to push a win. Top lane can't do much for most of early game, so your only hope up there is to wreck your lane and hope your teammates do reasonably well, unless you're like Shen/someone with global pressure and Teleport. Have you tried splitpush champs? Wukong's a godly teamfighter, but if your team is so behind that it doesn't matter, splitpushing might be your only hope.

But yeah you're going to lose some games. I certainly notice that after I get a good amount of losses, I'm given ridiculously easy games. The opposite is also true when I get a bunch of wins.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Thanks guys. Wu has pretty good splitpush with a hydra so there's that. When it comes to splitpushing, I rarely ever extend past the river by myself in a close game because I feel it's unsafe. Especially in games where I'm the only threat, because then they can send their entire team to kill me because they know my teammates won't apply any pressure on the map elsewhere.

I find that jungle is harder to carry from than top because it's harder to get fed if all your lanes are losing. At least in top lane you can just stomp your opponent (although I always get camped by the jungler when that happens). Mid is probably the best role for carrying.

I keep telling myself that the only consistent factor is myself. I get that technically you have slightly better chance of having the better team and therefore should win over 50% of your games if you consistently outperform your opponent. Problem is that in reality it's not 50/50 for me in terms of teams. Most of the time when I soloq my team is inferior.

I had this really weird curse with Rumble where whenever I'd win lane (most games), my other lanes would feed and we'd lose the game. Then on the odd occassion I'd lose lane and feed, I'd get carried and win.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Holy f one THOUSAND range twenty eight PERCENTS armor AND mr shred haha hello Koggy I've missed you, let's be friends again.

Also goodbye Kass and Elise, you won't be missed.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Again, there's no point saying something if you're not going to give an explanation.

Hydra gives you waveclear, it also gives lifesteal (useless for splitpushing most of the time) and high AD, which are combat stats. Shiv has faster splitpushing because of the AS and the movement speed, but they are less effective combat stats on casters.

Aero- I'm not saying that hydra is the optimal teamfight item. I'm saying the reason why people get hydra over a splitpush item like shiv, or a pure combat item like a BT is because it gives you splitpush whilst also giving you good combat stats (at least for casters anyway).
theres no point in giving an explanation to somebody that hasn't taken a single piece of advice the people her have given him over the last 20 pages of the thread even though he keeps asking for advice, then just ends up arguing with them saying he's right

if ur bronze 4 you aren't doing everything right so maybe you should try to take some advice to improve if you want to (which i assume you do since you keep asking about it)

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
theres no point in giving an explanation to somebody that hasn't taken a single piece of advice the people her have given him over the last 20 pages of the thread even though he keeps asking for advice, then just ends up arguing with them saying he's right

if ur bronze 4 you aren't doing everything right so maybe you should try to take some advice to improve if you want to (which i assume you do since you keep asking about it)
I literally just asked for advice on how to get out of b4, so I don't see the point in telling me to ask for advice.

If I'm not taking your advice, it's probably because I've decided to take the advice of a high level players who use the champion a lot. I don't see why that is so hard for people like you to understand. If someone isn't taking your advice on LoL, it means that they're taking someone else's advice instead, not that they never listen to anyone.

My build closely matches those of Diamond and LCS Wukong players, because I've taken their advice. So no, I'm not going to just take the advice of someone whose Wukong experience and success is unknown to me, without any explanation at all.

Also, to give you an example of me taking advice on these forums, last game I got Omen before GA, which was something suggested to me here.

Last edited:

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
you can play any champion and build (within reason) and win in bronze. i reached gold in season 1 with only teemo (when he was considered a horrible champion). the meta means nothing in low elo.

just focus on two champions and get better with them.

more specifically: learn when and where to ward, how much damage your champion can output and take (ie. when you should go all in), work on map awareness, improve at split pushing, improve at teamfighting, improve at taking objectives (eg. oh there are 3 people top and my bot lane + jungle are doing ok, we should take this free dragon) and, most importantly, accept you will have bad teammates and ignore it.

Top Bottom