• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
You can win with troll picks and builds in Challenger, I've seen it done many times before. Heck one of the Asian teams (can't remember which one) won with a troll team at Worlds. I remember one of the things they were hyping about Faker before Worlds was that he would win a lot of negative match ups.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
If someone isn't taking your advice on LoL, it means that they're wrong.
Fixed. Only a fool wouldn't listen to P3's mad wisdom skillz.

And really copying an LCS/D1 build isn't the smartest thing to do since you don't have the mechanical skill, decision making, game knowledge, or even the same team mates as them. Going for the same items and expecting the same results is just shunting 75% of the game.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Fixed. Only a fool wouldn't listen to P3's mad wisdom skillz.

And really copying an LCS/D1 build isn't the smartest thing to do since you don't have the mechanical skill, decision making, game knowledge, or even the same team mates as them. Going for the same items and expecting the same results is just shunting 75% of the game.
If it's clearly a troll build, then obviously it's a bad idea. But if you're stuck in Bronze and are building like D1 players, your build isn't the issue because that's a build that is viable at high levels.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I literally just asked for advice on how to get out of b4, so I don't see the point in telling me to ask for advice.

If I'm not taking your advice, it's probably because I've decided to take the advice of a high level players who use the champion a lot. I don't see why that is so hard for people like you to understand. If someone isn't taking your advice on LoL, it means that they're taking someone else's advice instead, not that they never listen to anyone.

My build closely matches those of Diamond and LCS Wukong players, because I've taken their advice. So no, I'm not going to just take the advice of someone whose Wukong experience and success is unknown to me, without any explanation at all.

Also, to give you an example of me taking advice on these forums, last game I got Omen before GA, which was something suggested to me here.
i guess i didn't explain that i am a top level player, which was most likely my fault, was 90+ lp in d1 for most of s3 when i played i think im d2 or somethin right now cuz ive been playing other stuff in my free time

hydra is not bad on wukong it's just pointless, it's like building hydra on tryndamere... it works but other items are way better. wukong scales much better with flat ad/arpen and not lifesteal so the only damage items he needs are cleaver/lw and then just build tank items (banshees/randuins etc)

it's just wasting item slots/gold on stats that arent optimal for the character (which is why every jungler goes elder lizard > brutalizer right now because it gives you enough damage to oneshot anything)

people can build dumb **** when they're ahead in d1 and get away with it, doesnt mean it is better than the other more common options (same with gunblade vs bork on jax)

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Dre you should consider asking yourself why X or Y works for D1 players, and what are the differences between a bronze game and a D1 game.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Heck one of the Asian teams (can't remember which one) won with a troll team at Worlds. I remember one of the things they were hyping about Faker before Worlds was that he would win a lot of negative match ups.

Before SKT took off. Poohmandu on donger.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
i guess i didn't explain that i am a top level player, which was most likely my fault, was 90+ lp in d1 for most of s3 when i played i think im d2 or somethin right now cuz ive been playing other stuff in my free time

hydra is not bad on wukong it's just pointless, it's like building hydra on tryndamere... it works but other items are way better. wukong scales much better with flat ad/arpen and not lifesteal so the only damage items he needs are cleaver/lw and then just build tank items (banshees/randuins etc)

it's just wasting item slots/gold on stats that arent optimal for the character (which is why every jungler goes elder lizard > brutalizer right now because it gives you enough damage to oneshot anything)

people can build dumb **** when they're ahead in d1 and get away with it, doesnt mean it is better than the other more common options (same with gunblade vs bork on jax)
I know you're a high level player, I just didn't know what your experience with Wukong was.

I guess I can see your point on hydra, but at the same time I feel dropping hydra for a tank item seems more suited for 5s than soloq. In 5s you probably won't be doing much splitpushing, and you can probably rely on your teammates to do the damage when you ult. So in that scenario, going more tank is probably optimal.

Hydra is really snowbally in soloq though. I find that rushing tiamat in lane helps you a lot whether you're winning or losing the lane. If you're winning, it's good damage and lets you push to tower so you can roam or get tower damage, and the waveclear helps you control your lane if you're losing it and getting pushed in.

I suppose a brutaliser rush is good if you're ahead, but don't you think dropping the 75 AD that hydra gives is a waste of his awesome AD ratios?

Player-3

Smash Hero
itemization doesn't really change between 5s and solo q, if anything you want more tan items in solo q to survive for your team to realize you initiated

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Meta doesn't matter in anything but high level arranged 5s because it's the meta for arranged 5s

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Holy f one THOUSAND range twenty eight PERCENTS armor AND mr shred haha hello Koggy I've missed you, let's be friends again.

Also goodbye Kass and Elise, you won't be missed.
kog maw looking hella nice

kass ult on 2secs with 40% cdr is hilarious tho

Meta doesn't matter in anything but high level arranged 5s because it's the meta for arranged 5s
which is why you see silly things like AP Sejuani mid, Soraka mid, etc in Diamond 1 and even challenger

Last edited:

Player-3

Smash Hero
new kassadin is ass

would be okay if his E did -ANY- damage at all, as it stands he has no waveclear at all... his early game is strong tho, that new w hits hard as **** early

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I've always been a fan of kog cant way to try him out with the new changes. Say good bye to the tank meta haha

how are the servers today?

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
So I tried taking people's advice in jungle Wu game by not getting hydra. I went lizard brutalizer whisper, then turned my brut into a cleaver. Is it common for players to start building one item, but then stall it until after finishing another item? I figured that path would give me an earlier power spike.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, it is. My last Xin game I went Lizard Elder, Giant's Belt, Brutalizer, Youmuus, Randuins etc
Wanted the extra HP for the sake of not dying and it helped.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I almost always get halfway with two items, then finish whichever is more relevant.

Life

Smash Hero
So I tried taking people's advice in jungle Wu game by not getting hydra. I went lizard brutalizer whisper, then turned my brut into a cleaver. Is it common for players to start building one item, but then stall it until after finishing another item? I figured that path would give me an earlier power spike.
Depends on the item. We had a discussion about Jax earlier in this thread and why people go Cutlass into Triforce on him.

I've seen Zed guides recommend Brutalizer into BORK, so it stands to reason that Brutalizer on its own must be pretty efficient to justify that.

I don't know about whether it's worth on Wukong specifically, as I don't play him.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
So Rumble is getting a visual upgrade. Not sure whether to be worried or happy. This might mean he'll get a new skin, because they said the reason he doesn't get new skins is because his model is too complex and they'd rather rework his skeleton before giving him new skins.

Life

Smash Hero
So Rumble is getting a visual upgrade. Not sure whether to be worried or happy. This might mean he'll get a new skin, because they said the reason he doesn't get new skins is because his model is too complex and they'd rather rework his skeleton before giving him new skins.
Rumble VU has been in the works for a while. Riot said they wanted to do new Rumble skins but it had to wait for the VU. What was announced WAS a new Rumble skin--Super Galaxy Rumble (aka TTGL Rumble). So the VU is merely implied--the skin is explicit.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Well the active was very interesting, but the rest of the stats were a complete mess. Too little AP to be built by carries, too little mr to be built on tanks, and the fact that it's mr and not armor makes it sure it's not worth to build it early on supports.
With those changes it's actually a good item for APs that lack CC or escapes ('sup Morde), or long range mages that want some extra vision.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Fiddle is my only support I enjoy.
Also since I'm stuck with it so many times (normals) I felt like doing shaco like I usually do when bored but the reactions this time was mixed.
"I report you" "troll" "****** my MMR better than this ****ty x, shut up"

Here's advice for everyone, Normals/ranked is prolly bad to play in the mornings in your time zone. It brings out the worst people.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Mornings suck when you get those "i have 30 minutes till i leave for school, so i'm gonna a game of summoner's rift while i wait!"

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Possibly! I don't usually play in the morning but I did today had some nice teams. 4 wins and 1 loss, and only one game where everyone raged at each other, that we ended up winning anyway. Then there was a game where people were doing poorly but nobody said A WORD and we calmly won the game and it was nice.

But more importantly look at this KIRBY THOUGH

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Rumble got that spiral power to pierce the heavens!

We dunno if it is legendary or ultimate level skin, but it has 6 minutes worth of dialogue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom