• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
His early laning is still pretty bad, even with his godly late game.

His team need to accommodate for him or it can be very hard to trigger his ult, which is kinda the point CertT had when making him. The dude legit has weaknesses, he;s just obnoxious when he gets to that point and his team he built for him.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
What's the point Shaya ? Is it to bring 2010 back ? If so why put Cait in it because iirc she was released after Ez.

Also the thing about Yasuo is that he can be op but his margin of error isn't that big. Not like, say, Thresh who can feed all game and still be relevant.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Shaco is garbage (come at me).

But the lack of diversity is the main problem. As an ADC main, I literally have 6 options, and 3 or the 6 are literally just auto attack bots. Oh the joy.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
"oh. no this champion does things!" is all I'm hearing dre <3
Can you please stop straw-manning everything I say, it's really disengenious.

It probably doesn't seem as bad to you as it does to others because you main another champion that gets a ton of free stats and has an ult that's also an uncounterable aoe targeted nuke.

Red Ryu- How is his early laning bad? Even if he can't outrade his opponent his kit makes him incredibly safe. The only thing his kit lacks is natural sustain, it has pretty much everything else. Also he can use his Q to set up his ult, which is actually really good in lane. He's just made even stronger by knock up champions who remove the need for him to land his skillshot.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
What's the point Shaya ? Is it to bring 2010 back ? If so why put Cait in it because iirc she was released after Ez.

Also the thing about Yasuo is that he can be op but his margin of error isn't that big. Not like, say, Thresh who can feed all game and still be relevant.
They're all champions designed by Ezreal.2010 game would also be fun.

Shaco is garbage (come at me).

But the lack of diversity is the main problem. As an ADC main, I literally have 6 options, and 3 or the 6 are literally just auto attack bots. Oh the joy.
Sounds like all your options are good and healthy for the game. And will eventually lose to Ashe in the late game.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Wait are you complaining about adcs being auto attack bot ? What's the point of being an adc main if you don't feel good by right clicking someone to death ? And if you don't like cancer you still have a lot of characters to choose from (more or less depending on what you call cancer).

@ Shaya Shaya : ok I understand now, what I personally would like to see is the actual game with things like release xin, 1.0 ratios morgana and the likes.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nah Im just trying to be hard on Shaya cuz why not.

Really though, aside from Quinn, Twitch, and Vayne not being listed, those are mainly the only ADCs ive been playing atm anyway.

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
Can you please stop straw-manning everything I say, it's really disengenious.
The thing is that listing the things a champion does always makes them sound OP.

For example, with a good ult, Poppy, a champion with %max health damage on an auto reset along with a combined movespeed and defense steroid AND a targeted gap closer that can stun, can become basically untouchable for several seconds. And when she dives the rest of the team doing this, likely picking up a couple of kills in the process, and her ult finally wears out, she still has massive damage reduction due to her passive, allowing her to pretty much lifesteal through the damage. Clearly the strongest champion in the game, right? A squishy team-reliant melee like Yasuo simply can't compare.

See what I mean? If you want to make the case that a champion is OP, you'll have to do more than simply list their strengths.

EDIT: Another shoutout to Dre, since this kind of sounds like him

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I didn't even realize his ult got 15 seconds of that 50% (bonus) armor pen, jeez. Hard to remember kits that have so much stuff >=O
But he's the voice of Vincent Law/Archer so it's ok
oh, slightly ninja'd i'm bad at new smashboards still

Last edited:

Player-3

Smash Hero
yasuo early laning is actually really strong (just vulnerable to junglers) its his midgame thats weak without a wombo

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Dunno why people think early is weak. It's basically like tryn, hope rgn helps to get you free crits at level 1/2 cause he's very likely gonna get dash at level 1 and try to first blood you. Which is why P3 said he's vulnerable to ganks if he tries doing that.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Doesnt matter if a champ is weak early, riot has made this game league of late game since games tend to last for forever these days

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Unless it's a stomp and the team wants to surrender.
Tbh I feel like most teams want to surrender, but don't for that slim possibility to win or just not to make themselves look bad or feel like they're letting their sponsors down or something.

Audino, I'd have to care about league, get D1/Challenger, and eventually have somebody notice me and pick me up fer a team to know the feeling and idea of why people don't want to surrender in competitive play.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Well i know during by time at low elo from bronze through gold (can't really speak for anything above that), throws happen all the time whether its your team or theirs. Sometimes it's worth sticking through the whole thing just in case,

If it's a full stomp then i've always 5-0 for a surrender from my experiences...except for the odd time when we had one dude who was overly optimistic lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Vladimir games for Shaya:
1. Start a ruby crystal
2. Be amazing
3. Die at level 3 to jungler gank because 2 levels in q is always better than pool (it isn't, I'm just a feeding knob [flash pool isn't going to save me against any jungler with red though]) and push push push push push push push push. (this is me baiting their jungler to keep ganking me)
4. Keep dying
5. Keep out csing everyone in the game push push push push push
6. 0/4? No problems, keep push push push push pushing because the only way you're going to die at this point is 2+ vs 1. What's that? get free dragons and towers elsewhere on the map every time their team decides to get their vladimir prescription? Awesome. Vladimir inherently taking forever to kill is so sexy
7. Suddenly: Zhonyas. Walk into a team fight
8. ????
9. Win game

I'm not exaggerating when I say every vlad game I play goes exactly like this. Every. Single. One.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Pretty much Shaya.
Extemely drunk but dunno if I mentioned, but last three games I went against heimer top.
**** donger. Also the one ranked I did Vlad was tryn top.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Heimerdinger is OP as **** and I'm probably going to start banning him if he appears in anything more than 1 out of 20 games. I still haven't seen that ****** lose a game since his rework.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The thing is that listing the things a champion does always makes them sound OP.

For example, with a good ult, Poppy, a champion with %max health damage on an auto reset along with a combined movespeed and defense steroid AND a targeted gap closer that can stun, can become basically untouchable for several seconds. And when she dives the rest of the team doing this, likely picking up a couple of kills in the process, and her ult finally wears out, she still has massive damage reduction due to her passive, allowing her to pretty much lifesteal through the damage. Clearly the strongest champion in the game, right? A squishy team-reliant melee like Yasuo simply can't compare.

See what I mean? If you want to make the case that a champion is OP, you'll have to do more than simply list their strengths.

EDIT: Another shoutout to Dre, since this kind of sounds like him
Life is love

Life is life

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Can someone explain to me how the LP system works? When I started playing in season 4 I was getting 20 Lp for a win and 10 for a loss, now I get 15-17 for a win and 18-19 for a loss. I'm guessing that means my rank is too high for my MMR.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Can someone explain to me how the LP system works? When I started playing in season 4 I was getting 20 Lp for a win and 10 for a loss, now I get 15-17 for a win and 18-19 for a loss. I'm guessing that means my rank is too high for my MMR.
There's a ton that goes into it, but yes low MMR is usually the reason for that. If you have a low MMR but keep up at least a 50% win rate, eventually the MMR will even itself out, and if you have a good win rate it will eventually go higher allowing for more gain on wins than loss on loses.

EDIT: One thing I AM curious about, Ive always gained more LP than Ive lost and I usually have at least a 60% win rate in ranked, but last week I had more of like a 40% win rate and ended in a 2 game loss streak, didnt play for about 3 days because of work, and now that Im playing again, Im somehow gaining even more than before and losing less. Like, I literally am gaining double what Im losing (last 2 games I played I lost 13 then gained 26). Obviously Im not disappointed, but what would cause this to happen?

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
With your 60% win ratio you have rised your mmr way higher than the league you're in. So going on a losing streak won't alter it that much, unless you lose so much you go down to a 50ish win ratio.

It's like I had this friend in S3 that managed to get his mmr so low under bronze 5 that he was getting the reverse of you : win 12, lose 25. In bronze 5. Needless to say he stopped doing rankeds until s4.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im just confused because I wasnt gaining THAT much before my losing streak, and I didnt lose any elo from that losing streak (in fact I think in the end I went up like 5 or so) so its not like I went down tiers or anything. Was getting like +20/-16ish before the losing streak, and after Im at +26/-13ish. I dunno, just weird

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Heimerdinger is OP as **** and I'm probably going to start banning him if he appears in anything more than 1 out of 20 games. I still haven't seen that ****er lose a game since his rework.
I'm ok with him right now.

But I can see his picking skyrocketing.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lulu nerfs are exactly what i expected to happened (AP ratio nerf on W), her E change while a nerf, was inconsisent with how it was staying on 6 seconds on others but only 5 on her.

I'm ok with these changes.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think it was done so she can't use Q twice off her E before it goes away with enough CDR.

What I was told and read, idk how true this is.

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I do know that change does nerf that aspect of Lulu, but her Pix was inconsistent anyways. A lot of nerfs to skills are fixing those anyways.

And lulu can still land 2 Qs with 30-35% CDR anyways. (Athenes/morello's + blue buff/pot + masteries)

This does suck for support Lulu though :(

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
With your 60% win ratio you have rised your mmr way higher than the league you're in. So going on a losing streak won't alter it that much, unless you lose so much you go down to a 50ish win ratio.

It's like I had this friend in S3 that managed to get his mmr so low under bronze 5 that he was getting the reverse of you : win 12, lose 25. In bronze 5. Needless to say he stopped doing rankeds until s4.
i think there's a guy on NA whose MMR is so low that he has challenger tier queue times in Bronze 5

lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Calling it now that reworked full tank Gragas with CDR runes maxing W in the top lane is going to be super strong. Get to 40% CDR and just go 100% tank after that. Get a near perma damage reduction, 3 second 0 mana cost 12% max health true damage auto, as well as a stun, slow, and great ult? This guy will just sit there absorbing damage for days while chuncking out walls and cc'ing squishies on the backline with ult/q.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You got me there, but now going all tank has free damage along with the ridiculous tankiness and decent cc.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
He still had tankiness cause damage reduction lasting 20+ of the 23 or 24 (?) seconds the duration/CD of W was, while they took out the slow and attack speed debuff and gave him knock up instead. Will say that gives him more synergy with Yasuo now.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I was saying he was getting free damage to be added to the tankiness/cc he already had~

Top Bottom