• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Still trying to get the hang of Quinn. Although, she is pretty fun to play though.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
If Quinn is really a "can't teamfight for **** but is godlike early" she has to use her kit to roam and shut down the other team to win before the teamfight phase really sets in.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Yeah its pretty much the gold range. Whats your username? Mine is bassem6. We can play a couple and see if it works out.
GenericallyNamed.

I still think Quinn's blind is going to become a big thing if she's good or buffed to good. One of Ezreal's key features was his ability to beat most ADs in a fight because of his attack speed debuff, and Quinn has a full fledged blind.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
In a 1v1 top lane game, I'd probably give lux the edge. As much kill pressure that garen exerts, he still has issues with being kited and lux sorta does that well. She gets vison off singularity, so garen can't just get into a bush and just heal like he can verus a number of casters.

Alas, league isn't 1v1 and like most casters, she has a tendancy to get slaughtered during ganks, which is why they tend to live in the shortest lane or have things like pool

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think I hit a new low when my team is yelling at me for killing too much as Leblanc.

Just spectated a high elo game (it had Dyrus and some other names in there) because I wanted to watch Quinn in action. The Quinn team lost basically because Quinn would do no damage/die instantly in teamfights. He clearly made some terrible plays, but it was still kind of scary how much he dragged the team down.

Has anyone had actual success with her in lategame teamfights? I hear people can dominate with her early game (I can at least farm safely with her, haven't been able to get a lot of kills and snowball yet) but haven't seen an example of someone doing well lategame.
Sounds like Nid, good laning, good split pushing, not great in team fights.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Hmmm....it sounds like I should look into support Quinn.

Unfortunately I don't own Orianna or I would totally jungle her.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Wes how do you set it up so you can play GC on stream? Do you have a capture card hooked up to your TV, or something else? I would love to force all my viewers to watch me playing The Last Story some time, lol.

pls gism0

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I feel like ranked was created to remind me of how much I hate people.
Well, that, or proving that God doesn't exist.:applejack:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Its the best spell vamp item and lets you clear baron/dragon faster

The 3 stats of CDR, mana regen, and 50 ability power cost 2010g so the spell vamp is free

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I need to play this game again, but time is too precious a commodity these days :(

Has anyone found out yet how long it takes without playing before penalties kick in on this new system? And how much the penalty is?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Its the best spell vamp item and lets you clear baron/dragon faster

The 3 stats of CDR, mana regen, and 50 ability power cost 2010g so the spell vamp is free
It is really good for its cost, as are all the spirit stone items. That's why I was wondering if elder lizard was worth the buy on top laners as well.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well i logged in on saturday all day and sunday in the morning and late night... perhaps you just picked the wrong times to try to log in. I know the servers went down yesterday afternoon but that's it.

Player-3

Smash Hero
quinn seems boring as ****

none of her attacks feel good her q doesnt have any oomph and her ult is lame as hell because the so called execute does like 200 damage and doesnt feel like an ult

same reason i don't like katarina after the remake, her dagger sounds are ****ing gay now its like TINKTINKTINKTINKTINK

so now u know why i like mordekaiser so much

Vyke

Smash Champion
Quoted from the most upvoted response on the Reddit thread:
cabbius said:
This is insanely alarmist. Riot knew with the season 3 changes they were setting themselves up to have a ton of things to fix and THEY'RE FIXING THEM!
Black Cleaver: fixed. Warmog's: nerfed to reasonable while they rework. BoRK changes JUST happened so chill out.
Locket is a very good item. Awesome. It works very well on bruiser junglers with decent base damages. That's it's intended use! That's like being upset that most bursty AP mids buy Deathcap or that most Autoattack AD carries (up until BoRK) buy Infinity Edge. That's the whole reason the item exists.
Just this week in LCS we saw double AP comps, 4 AD/1support shred comps, hell we even saw a comp without an AD carry and all of them can work.

The game is on it's way to being in the best shape it has ever been in thanks to the season 3 changes and the work Riot is doing. The only thing I can see as a major problem is power/mobility creep with new champions but if TF, Xerath, Ryze, Ashe, Varus and other low/no mobility carries are seeing consistent play even at the highest levels then I can't say there's really a problem there either.

If you think people are playing purely to abuse powerful champions or items maybe you should take a step back and assess how you're approaching the game. For the vast majority of us this is not, nor will it ever be, anything more than a hobby; A GAME. Play the game to have fun. If for you that is playing whatever you want and ******* around with friends, do that. If your fun is finding the latest powerful thing and crushing your enemies, do that. However if what you take from the game is frustration with how other people choose to have fun, reassess.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
speaking of audiophilia

i hate how trist's autoattacks sound like balloons popping.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I don't think anyone is denying BotRK is ridiculous right now, but I think the point is that you guys will fix it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What would you, personally, change about it to make it more balanced? Is it too cheap? Too much attack speed? OP active?
In all my Quinn games, I want to build BT because her passive scales pretty well with AD (and it's "essential" man!) but I just can't justify skipping BotRK.

Player-3

Smash Hero
bork is op because they gave it a net increase of like 700g in stats without increasing the price, and then made the active cray cray

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
There was six BoRK's in one of my games last night.
SIX. And I think four of them were the first item characters had.

I think I'm going to die now.

In other news, what do you guys run for runes on your ADC? Unless it's a bad matchup, I tried out Trist (with Leona) against MF (w/ Lulu) last night and I just got bullied so hard that trades were impossible. Anyone have any good insight onto how that lane does?

I'm starting to really hate MF right now too. It's just annoying as hell to deal with her. :applejack:

Top Bottom