• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Player-3

Smash Hero
taric so broken right now it isn't even funny LOL

wes what were u guys doing did you not test him top lane?? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

this is the most ******** thing i've seen in this game in a LONG time

Player-3

Smash Hero
tear is useless taric cant stack it

frozen fist+frozen heart+nashors tooth, 6 second cd 500 hp heals that lower by 2 seconds every auto attack, 100 bonus damage on autos from passive, 400 armor 500 dmg shatter aoe NP NP NP NP

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
taric so broken right now it isn't even funny LOL

wes what were u guys doing did you not test him top lane?? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

this is the most ******** thing i've seen in this game in a LONG time
Nah, I'm pretty sure he's behind the whole thing. He was getting jealous of my Taric taking the spot light on Dream Team so he had him reworked to go top.

:gova:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
We did test it. It's annoying to lane against but that's par for the course for solo lane supports. FH, Gauntlet, Nashors is 0 HP, 0 MR for over 8000 gold, he just dies to mages when you do this **** and if it happens to hard counter 100% physical teams, so be it, so does malphite.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
"don't ban quinn"
*bans quinn*
Tryhards/assholes in normal draft. Not going to blind pick because it's going to be a dodgefest hellhole :x
PSA not to buy champs on or near release dates.

Player-3

Smash Hero
We did test it. It's annoying to lane against but that's par for the course for solo lane supports. FH, Gauntlet, Nashors is 0 HP, 0 MR for over 8000 gold, he just dies to mages when you do this **** and if it happens to hard counter 100% physical teams, so be it, so does malphite.
who needs mr with a 2 second cd 500 hp heal

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Quinn's burst, dueling, and mobility is fantastic.

Won a 4v5 with her on my team, she more or less can't drop kills.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Looking for a good 1500-1700 elo duo queue support partner who can play taric/leona sufficiently. MSG me on here or on league if youre interested in gaining FREELO.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Spirit of the Lizard Elder can be worth the buy on a non-jungler, such as a top laner, Yes/No?
Banner of Command can be worth a buy on a support/mid during stalemate games against champs with ultra fast waveclear that are stalling it out, such as Anivia, Yes/No?

Okuser

Smash Ace
quinns ult CD is ridiculous. way too long.

and her Q should splash in a bigger radius or something so that she isn't the worst teamfighting AD in the game lol

fkacyan

Smash Hero
quinns ult CD is ridiculous. way too long.

and her Q should splash in a bigger radius or something so that she isn't the worst teamfighting AD in the game lol
Er, how are any other ADs that much better? Not everybody is Graves, lmao.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Er, how are any other ADs that much better? Not everybody is Graves, lmao.
it's just the way that her kit is. it's pretty godlike for skirmishing and stuff but at the end of the day she doesn't have what it takes for teamfights.

525 range with no true escape. no steroids. 1 ad scaling abilitiy. no utility.

you can use her ult as a repositioning tool in teamfights but if you get tagged by 1 slow (like randuins) then her ult becomes useless for that.

just think of an AD, any ad, and then compare their overall kit to hers and you'l see what I'm talking about with teamfights.

she's pretty great at split pushing, with her ult up. but it's like I said, the cooldown is so long all you have to do is get her to pop her ult and she can't split push safely anymore for 108 seconds.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Are Rioters too good for Spirit Visage?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So I've been playing Lux top a lot when the enemy takes Garen and she completely destroys him from the 5 times I've done it.

He literally can't do anything.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Or banshees veil. Nice passive to help him walk in and stun who he wants. Hp mana for the mana tank part.

Not to mention catalyst is nice for laning.

Pikaville

Well since she has ranged autos you can take his passive off him for free essentially.

If he speeds up and tries to engage you, you can just snare/slow him and chunk him down with your passive/abilities again pretty much for free.

If he spins on you if he SOMEHOW gets on top of you, just shield and trade damage back with him.

Niko45

Smash Master
Well since she has ranged autos you can take his passive off him for free essentially.

If he speeds up and tries to engage you, you can just snare/slow him and chunk him down with your passive/abilities again pretty much for free.

If he spins on you if he SOMEHOW gets on top of you, just shield and trade damage back with him.
That all sounds good but I doubt this could really play out this way if garen knows what he's doing. His level 1 is better than yours. So he can be aggressive early, zone you off, hit 2 before you and then kill you.

If that doesn't work, there's always the fact that you're a fairly mana intensive champion and he's a tanky manaless health regen-ing machine that should smash you pretty hard if he starts 9 pot 2 ward simply thru attrition.

Pikaville

Who would be stupid enough to engage Garen level 1 as Lux anyway?

I dunno I just feel he can literally do nothing vs Lux as her kit is just perfect vs a champ like him.

Also mana is never an issue if you start charm, 2 wards, 2 blue and red pots.

I take TP and back as soon as I have gold to finish chalice.

Then again, this IS silver we are talking about here. xD

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i mean. garens level 1 all in is trash anyways. And i don't see how he would zone hard enough to prevent csing. It's pretty common knowledge lux is a very anti bruiser mage anyways.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Just spectated a high elo game (it had Dyrus and some other names in there) because I wanted to watch Quinn in action. The Quinn team lost basically because Quinn would do no damage/die instantly in teamfights. He clearly made some terrible plays, but it was still kind of scary how much he dragged the team down.

Has anyone had actual success with her in lategame teamfights? I hear people can dominate with her early game (I can at least farm safely with her, haven't been able to get a lot of kills and snowball yet) but haven't seen an example of someone doing well lategame.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's far too preliminary to be laying out judgments lol.
Yeah this is just first impressions. Right now I feel like she's above average in lane, below average in fights, and very good at splitpushing.
I need to learn how to deal with Xin/Hecarim/etc because they're in every game and they just dive me lategame and wreckkkk me.

Top Bottom