• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Build Warmogs on everyone, even AD carries. Guardian Angel? Bad item, get that 1000 health on ya, best item forever (till Rito finds out and nerfs).

Steam

Smash Hero
I feel like they changed unit collision to make it more dumb.

either way I'm wanting to buy a phantom dancer on every champ in the game atm :T

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Who said here before to get amp tome->hextech revolver on morde and push all day?
Because it's working really really well.

:038:

Dekar173

Justice Man
Marn loses game 1, woot.

Also, mord loses plenty of lanes, Riven being one of them.

In fact, the sort of lane that really beats up on Mord is someone who can be aggressive early on. Kennen, Udyr, and Riven all coming to mind.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Who said here before to get amp tome->hextech revolver on morde and push all day?
Because it's working really really well.

:038:
that was me and it's the single funniest thing ive ever done in ranked matches

(note: for 1900+ what ive found the cheese is start boots 3 and push all day, but since the junglers gank you can outrun them now!)

morde doesn't lose lanes, morde loses to junglers.
no, morde loses multiple lanes;

Marn loses game 1, woot.

Also, mord loses plenty of lanes, Riven being one of them.

In fact, the sort of lane that really beats up on Mord is someone who can be aggressive early on. Kennen, Udyr, and Riven all coming to mind.
you forgot cassiopeia :(

that is a tragic day for any morde getting cp'd into a cass

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Just randomly checked out Iam LOD's stream... he's not even in game, just talking to someone, and I've already discovered that he's about 15 and says "f***in" at least once per sentece. It's hilarious. Kids these days.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Just randomly checked out Iam LOD's stream... he's not even in game, just talking to someone, and I've already discovered that he's about 15 and says "f***in" at least once per sentece. It's hilarious. Kids these days.
He also got caught jackin' it on stream. Puberty op.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah it just took a few minutes to figure out what kinda guy he is. Puberty's hitting him hard, who talks about illegal drugs on streams? A lot of people, I guess.

Vyke

Smash Champion
It's dirt cheap for the best defensive stat in the game early to mid. Just build it then wtfever else you want.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
it's just interesting to me that it's less hp/cost efficient than giants belts (1000 hp = 2.5 giants belts = 2500 gold), yet it feels so strong. personally I think HP premiums are just kinda low atm and that warmog's itself isn't the problem and rather that armor/mres got hit in too many different ways while HP remained relatively untouched.

Also, the fact that giant's belt build paths got so much stronger (sunfire buff, omen got giant's belt, frozen mallet buff), seems like it was overkill.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
HP is the only worthwhile defensive stat now!

Also getting all the health and regen right off the bat is pretty big for the Warmog's too. Being cost effective was fine in the past b/c you had to build up to maximal cost/benefit ratio, now it's all upfront.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
it's just interesting to me that it's less hp/cost efficient than giants belts (1000 hp = 2.5 giants belts = 2500 gold), yet it feels so strong. personally I think HP premiums are just kinda low atm and that warmog's itself isn't the problem and rather that armor/mres got hit in too many different ways while HP remained relatively untouched.

Also, the fact that giant's belt build paths got so much stronger (sunfire buff, omen got giant's belt, frozen mallet buff), seems like it was overkill.
Warmog isn't as good as the old Atmog days, but for upfront purposes it's really good. Quicker to rush and don't have to stack any for it to be useful. And think about this: you're basically paying 150 for the regen passive. That's the only "pork" of the item from a pure HP perspective and it only costs 150 more. Even if you were to make no use of it, that 150 gold would be the only wasted.

HP is the only worthwhile defensive stat now!

Also getting all the health and regen right off the bat is pretty big for the Warmog's too. Being cost effective was fine in the past b/c you had to build up to maximal cost/benefit ratio, now it's all upfront.
^^^

It's nowhere near as crazy as full Warmog Atmas Bruiser used to be, but it's a lot better than when you first got the item those days.

HP also didn't get hit with the Pen changes, and if all you have to worry about arguably is Ruined King or Liandry, that's not too bad since you can later get the armor or MR to soften the blow from those items (plus they scale down with the target's current health)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'm a support main. My 3 main supports have been sona, lulu, and nunu. I want to pick up a couple more because they get stale after playing each several games a day. I'm sort of looking for something that might work with my aggressive playstyle (when possible) and/or fill in the gaps in my matchups.

Biggest considerations atm:
Taric: I played him a lot S2, and I think he's solid, but he's so linear I don't think he'd help my boredom problem very much.
Nami: I find her sort of underwhelming, but she pokes and I really enjoy poking. Also the prospect of the q buff is exciting.
Alistar: My ali is hella rusty, but I used to love this dude. You feel legit when you headbutt pulv through walls and other shenanigans.
BLASPHEMY! HOW COULD ONE GET BORED OF NUNU! YOU GOOD SIR ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT BEING MANLY ENOUGH!
Blitzcrank and Leona, duh.

Or if you just want to cure your boredom Fiddle, Lee Sin, and LeBlanc.

Oh yeah Zyra and Janna too.
Lee sin support is hilarious and i love doing it with someone like draven or ez or graves.
Taric is really good right now with free armor being amazing.

Zyra and Lux are fun supports. Morgana is one you should consider. Leona punishes idiots the hardest.

Lulu should never be stale :|
TELL HIM USSI! MANLY NUNU NEVER GETS BORING!

Lux is super fun support. So is alistar.
leona is alright, imo.
not to mention that one of his basic skills is a level 1 volibear ult with 100% uptime and no cost.
<3 cho.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Nunu is fun for pubstomping cause you can build AP if you get ahead. max iceball first and still be a good support

Nunu ult is like damn annoying when positioned right. People think "its only support, how muc- DEAR GOD THE DAMAGE!"

If you play Nunu the safe way then its boring

Dekar173

Justice Man
If you have a capable ADC and you're maxing iceball first, you're an *******. Now, if your ADC is ****... sometimes I'll max W first anyway, because in that case it'll let us both escape when he (inevitably) ****s up.

Though, iceball IS great for messing with particular lanes, people who scale better with attack speed/mobility than your ADC, to name a particular group (Kog, Draven come to mind specifically).

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
If you have a capable ADC and you're maxing iceball first, you're an *******. Now, if your ADC is ****... sometimes I'll max W first anyway, because in that case it'll let us both escape when he (inevitably) ****s up.

Though, iceball IS great for messing with particular lanes, people who scale better with attack speed/mobility than your ADC, to name a particular group (Kog, Draven come to mind specifically).
If ur stomping lane maxing ice ball/building a bit of ap really makes it hard to do anything unless ur opponents have super sustain like soraka.

If i get like 2 kills early on i tend to switch to that along with a sightstone.

But yes, maxing w is generally standard.

BUT THAT'S WUSSY NUNU!

MANLY NUNU'S GO 12/2 AND BUILD AP CARRY SUPPORT NUNU!!!!!:demon:

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Chogath been broken forever. AoE knockups, AoE THREE SECOND silences, and a buncha true damage.
I know very little about the game now, but this is definitely the case.

I'm glad to see people talking about this, I literally just saw Warmogs last night for the first time and thought it looked amazing now.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
why does everyone hate soraka.

in my last 5 games with soraka my ad carry basically says "gg useless support".

sad times
1 depends what you were doing in that game, do you recall what you did?

2 soraka is a very meh support because she got continuous nerfs after the heal nerf, and she loses power outside of the landing phase.

:phone:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Gotta disagree, from the way he talks about fanbases, the effects, of popularity, how people putting on a show, and the way he deals with trolls he's probably one of the most mature streamers I've seen ever. Well exempting the possibility that other more mature streamers could be disguising it for the sake of viewers.

He's damn mature for a 15/16 year old kid, so what if he uses expletatives every other sentance? That's normalized vocab in a lot of areas and I think it's silly to act like that reflects poorly on people, because a lot of people grew up with it just being part of normal conversation, not something to shock or "make things mature", so it becomes neutral.

So yea, I think you're giving him too hard a time.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Wtf.. Soraka is probably the best late game support... Her laning phase is lack lustering due to aggressive bot lanes, and she is kinda boring to play.

:phone:
well at least somebody feels the same way i do. i think soraka's lategame is awesome.

maybe it's my elo, but people don't appreciate how she works. she's reasonable at laning as long as people are aware she gives armour for the lane phase skirmishes and to wait for her cooldowns before initiating.

anyways, i'm playing janna till the soraka hate train goes away.

Top Bottom