• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Player-3

Smash Hero
WELL i DONT PLAY TOP (OR MID REALLY ) AND THATS WHAT I SEE SO I APOLOGIZE

ALSO DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF MURAMANA DAMAGE WORKS WITH MALZAHAR E/R BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE SEXY TO PLAY HYBRIDZAHAR

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
WELL i DONT PLAY TOP (OR MID REALLY ) AND THATS WHAT I SEE SO I APOLOGIZE

ALSO DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF MURAMANA DAMAGE WORKS WITH MALZAHAR E/R BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE SEXY TO PLAY HYBRIDZAHAR
idk, last time i played AD malz the enemy team surrendered at 20 so it wasn't full yet :/

More important question: For Liandry's Torment, the passive says
Unique Passive: Dealing spell damage burns enemies for 5% of their current health as magic damage over 3 seconds. If their movement is impaired, they take double damage from this effect. Multi-target or periodic effects deals 2.5% over 1.5 seconds.
Does impaired movement just mean slows, or does it include roots, stuns, suppresses, etc since they're technically impairing the movement (they can't move..)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dunno. Liandry's might just be from slows, but depending on the caster you can just run Rylai's alongside it and that takes care of it. So if Ryze Snare doesn't proc the effect, getting Rylai's and Qing them to death will.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sorta. If you're stunned, your movement speed doesn't drop to 0. It stays the same, you just can't move. Depending on how they want to interpret it, it could work with stuns snares etc or just slows.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Where would I advertise for streaman to make millions of viewers follow me and love me.

Pretend my keyboard isn't the loudest thing on Earth, I'm funny and give good insights, and don't scream profanities whenever I die.
http://www.reddit.com/r/LeagueofLegends
http://www.reddit.com/r/lolstreams
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Start these places. Link us to the thread/post so we can upvote or post in the thread. The more people that see it the better. The League General Discussion Forum is a cesspit, but it's also good advertisement for people that frequent it, and you only need to keep bumping your stream thread instead of making multiple threads.

If you plan to stream on twitch, PM Xangold or some other staff/admin to help set up Moobot or Xangoldbot to help filter link spammers and other bull****. Or get some actual mods (people you trust.)

Get a twitter, set up a facebook for League, all the social networking sites, go crazy. Show people you're enjoyable to watch. Interact with the chat, have entertaining commentary, teach, whatever.

How to make a Post on Reddit said:
As long as you are signed in, directly underneath where it says Search Reddit there is an button Submit A Link.

There are 2 options at the top when you are at the Submit A Link Page, there's link and text. If its a post that doesnt have a link then click on text, this is usually done for subreddits such as AskReddit, AskScience, etc. If you do have a link to a page outside of reddit you want people to see then leave it on link, this is for subreddits such as Today I Learned, Pics, etc.

Under text, type in the title of your post, try to make it a catchy title so people will want to look at it. under text, write a brief description about what you are talking about or what the post is actually about, select a subreddit for it to go in and click submit.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure Morde loses lane to Zyra.
I think overall this is true, but Zyra's low health gives Morde some serious opportunities to do really well. (Especially early in the game.) Avoid snares (I know, easier said than done) and get the advantage early, and Morde will crush the lane.

Of course, if Zyra gets the early advantage then she will crush the lane, and if things go even she will eventually crush the lane too. Probably right around level 6.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Considering it doesn't automatically snowball way outta control by just buying it first, I don't think so. My opinion, though.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The problem with DFG is that it builds out of an amp tome and NLR... it's very awkward to rush, which is what you usually wanted to do with it before right?

Vyke

Smash Champion
It isn't really awkward to rush. It's just not going t be rushed on anyone except people that really get the most out of the damage boosting element in their kit. It pretty much just serves the same role, it just isn't a safe ****ing buy on every AP ever.

Niko45

Smash Master
been going sorc - haunting guise - DFG on ahri and things just evaporate

in fact I think it's more practical as an early item now (from a stats perspective) since it gives you a bunch of AP which you would want anyway and doesn't actually scale as hard later on as it did previously. My understanding of why it was the obvious first item for APs before, at least for non-assassins who wouldn't want it for obvious synergy was that it was so so dirt cheap (considering both the overall cost and that it built from a GP10).

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
apparently the commentators for the qualifiers were talking for like 5 minutes about jpak and friends, and how everyone has been on it.

Everyone cept phreak, he said that jpak rejected his friendship

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
They also talked about how all of jpak's friends ditched him. I would be sadder if papa j hadn't ditched all of his children (especially me)!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm just glad I've gotten to play with his Viktor that gives Baron's spawn the middle finger after he dies.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
been going sorc - haunting guise - DFG on ahri and things just evaporate

in fact I think it's more practical as an early item now (from a stats perspective) since it gives you a bunch of AP which you would want anyway and doesn't actually scale as hard later on as it did previously. My understanding of why it was the obvious first item for APs before, at least for non-assassins who wouldn't want it for obvious synergy was that it was so so dirt cheap (considering both the overall cost and that it built from a GP10).
New DFG is godlike on Ahri.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I'm a support main. My 3 main supports have been sona, lulu, and nunu. I want to pick up a couple more because they get stale after playing each several games a day. I'm sort of looking for something that might work with my aggressive playstyle (when possible) and/or fill in the gaps in my matchups.

Biggest considerations atm:
Taric: I played him a lot S2, and I think he's solid, but he's so linear I don't think he'd help my boredom problem very much.
Nami: I find her sort of underwhelming, but she pokes and I really enjoy poking. Also the prospect of the q buff is exciting.
Alistar: My ali is hella rusty, but I used to love this dude. You feel legit when you headbutt pulv through walls and other shenanigans.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Blitzcrank and Leona, duh.

Or if you just want to cure your boredom Fiddle, Lee Sin, and LeBlanc.

Oh yeah Zyra and Janna too.

Player-3

Smash Hero
play taric support but be a man about it

0/30/0 and start with cloth armor

100 armor by level 3 like a real man

Dekar173

Justice Man
http://www.reddit.com/r/LeagueofLegends
http://www.reddit.com/r/lolstreams
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Start these places. Link us to the thread/post so we can upvote or post in the thread. The more people that see it the better. The League General Discussion Forum is a cesspit, but it's also good advertisement for people that frequent it, and you only need to keep bumping your stream thread instead of making multiple threads.

If you plan to stream on twitch, PM Xangold or some other staff/admin to help set up Moobot or Xangoldbot to help filter link spammers and other bull****. Or get some actual mods (people you trust.)

Get a twitter, set up a facebook for League, all the social networking sites, go crazy. Show people you're enjoyable to watch. Interact with the chat, have entertaining commentary, teach, whatever.
Thanks for the super informative post, I'll get cracking on all of these. My efforts have been limited to Reddit... and that's about it. lol. Really, this info helps :)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Taric is really good right now with free armor being amazing.

Zyra and Lux are fun supports. Morgana is one you should consider. Leona punishes idiots the hardest.

Lulu should never be stale :|

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm seeing so much Taric right now...I guess people are realizing that free armor + one of the best lvl 1s in the game (if not the best right now) in the form of a 1.5 second stun is really good, lol.

Lux is really, really fun. Leona is really fun too (if you don't want to be that guy who uses Taric >_> ). Can't speak much to Zyra, I don't like using her kit/playstyle at all.

Nidalee support is also pretty fun, but kinda niche. And yeah, you could just learn cow again. He's not stale at all.

Gotta say, I'm also not that much into Lulu's kit. I like her character design and pretty much everything else about her, just not the way she works, I guess.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I've been trying out Janna a bit lately and enjoy it. I feel sooo much more capable than usual of saving the AD when **** hits the fan (or when they do something stupid) and that lategame is strong too.

Top Bottom