• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I won six games in a row in Season 2's ranked, and then never played again until the Season was basically over.

Then I ended up losing like, 4 in a row, because I realized ADCs like to Rambo into 2v1's without any support at 1400 ELO. :applejack:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I won my first Season 2 ranked match with Darius, where I went 14/7 (First time Darius, shows you how utterly stupid the character is).

Then I lost two games as Sona and Mordekaiser, and I never played Ranked again~

~Fin~

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dont get why people whine and complain about ranked matches when it is obvious that elos arent anywhere near settled yet. Playing ranked early in the season means high possibility of getting paired with/against better/worse players. Playing right now without the skills to hard carry your team means its pretty much a coin flip due to the unbalance in teams.

And as a Darius main, hes nowhere near stupid, bad players are just bad against him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He's pretty stupid. Even if you beat his super strong laning, it's pretty easy for him to be relevant and/or get into the game via infinite ultis... and his pull is pretty strong too, just by virtue of the fact that it's a pull.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I played one ranked game as Singed during Season 1. 100% Win rate
2nd season was with the Yoshi team as we lost and won once each. 50% win rate... Guess for Season 3 I'll play three ranked matches.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I dont get why people whine and complain about ranked matches when it is obvious that elos arent anywhere near settled yet. Playing ranked early in the season means high possibility of getting paired with/against better/worse players. Playing right now without the skills to hard carry your team means its pretty much a coin flip due to the unbalance in teams.

And as a Darius main, hes nowhere near stupid, bad players are just bad against him.
Nah, he's pretty stupid. Only champ I'm 100% win rate with so far this season. When you can pick a champ confidently into 99% of top lane matchups ( the 1% being kayle from what I've been hearing) then that is pretty stupid.

I feel dirty for using him but you gotta do whatchu gotta do to get dem elozzz

:phone:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I feel like darius top is similar to cho mid. He'll probably get a boost from the jungle changes, but meh, he's got a fair number of lane counters, I'm not too concerned about him. He seems overrated.

I lost 3 of my first 4 placement matches :(
SO MANY SILVER AND UNRANKED PLAYERS FROM S2 ON MY TEAM OMG </ragequit>

It really feels terrible when your best chars have 0% win rates.
Shaya, are you sub 1.2k now?

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Skarner/Cho is highest winrate for me.. dat feel when you grab vayne as she condemns you, and winds up just knocking herself with you into your team.. love it. Thought I do miss grabbing Ez as he arcane shifts =/

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Why do people get so intrigued by having a Yellow band on the name? I have no idea what it means but I have it and people keep asking and I have no idea haha. Can someone help? ^^"

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Why do people get so intrigued by having a Yellow band on the name? I have no idea what it means but I have it and people keep asking and I have no idea haha. Can someone help? ^^"
I believe it's cause it's the helpful one which is hardest to get

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The yellow ribbon means a lot of people gave you the "Friendly" honor tag after games. Of course J would get that one lol :p

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

And as a Darius main,
Certainly not biased!

bad players are just bad against him.
Maybe, but you're forgetting that his laning phase is just ********.

No usual top laner (at least who isn't ranged or has some form of ranged attack/stupid amounts of sustain) can 1v1 him. If you do, you will lose.

God forbid he somehow gets a kill, in which, congratulations! no more CS for you, you might as well ditch your lane and go jungle because he'll just stand in front of his minions and if you go for a last hit; apprehend > W > Q = half your health. In short, you're useless for the rest of the game. :)

If it was just "bad" players being bad against him, everyone wouldn't complain about him. >____>

He probably wouldn't be so bad if his passive (or at least his Q) were tweaked to be less... stupid.

idk, I can't lane against them. Defensive and constant TOWER DIVING Darius players are killing me. You can't even stack armor, because loltruedamage and passive.

Bull**** it's just bad players, Darius is just dumb.

Edit: On the bright side, he falls off late game. But it's not quite as a spectacular fall off as say, LeBlanc.

Coney

Smash Master
darius ain't no big deal

his win rate is consistently even, and it's not fair to say "darius gets kill now u can't CS" because pretty much any top can do that to you

also fun fact, playing darius can give you one of the worst feelings to be achieved in league of legends, which is using apprehend, not catching ANYONE, and then being kited by 2 10% hp dudes til u die

Coney

Smash Master
for some reason missing **** as darius feels a LOT worse than missing **** as anyone else. i don't know if it's a CD thing since E is so long, or the fact that he pushes his wave like crazy with Q, but missing little opportunities like that as him feel way, way worse than other tops

had a person reading my Q's the other night and walking INTO ME so they didn't get hit by the strong part of Q. that was some 2013 ****

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The yellow ribbon means a lot of people gave you the "Friendly" honor tag after games. Of course J would get that one lol :p
But I got all of them and it won't show my Honorable Opponent one :(

Oh well, matches my Cowgirl MF skin.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Missing Q with Darius isn't that huge of a deal unless you are noticeably slower than the other person. Missing a pull on the other hand can literally shaft you for the entire CD as you lane.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Nah.

Not that I've experienced.

Edit: Actually, Teemo. But that's it.

Edit 2: And Jax. That's REALLY it. lawl
Most tops if you're a kill behind, unless your opponent is bad at his laning mechanics/decisionmaking relative to you or it's a really hard counter MU (like fiora versus malph) will be able to snowball off being a kill ahead.

Snowballing top lane usually means you won't be able to farm except under tower, sometimes not even that.

Top lane is depressing, that's why I quit.

What's The Point

Smash Master
If you have problems top just pick Elise. She beats everyone who goes top.

Darius missing a pull shouldn't be a big deal. If Darius misses a pull, so what? You gonna go melee him? That's what the pull does. As Darius you normally don't want to lead with pull if you can because you want to use it to prevent them from escaping.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It's not that it's a big deal like missing a crucial stun on amumu or some ish.

But ur dps goes down immensely for that short duration which lets ppl like riven, jax, xin zhao, etc. go ape on u for a bit then bk off.
It adds up.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Her plants... work with Spell Vamp?

There's no way they would do that right? I just wanna note again, how **** Heimer turrets look now to those little bell-sprouts

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Her plants do proc spell vamp yes.

Unless they changed it in the past week.

It's also hilarious how you can proc Lich Bane with her seeds.

But they proc the reduced versions of Rylais and WotA and Liandrys since they are technically DoT spells.

But still it's very good.

Coney

Smash Master
If Darius misses a pull, so what? You gonna go melee him?
that's exactly what u do actually

u just blow all of ur **** and then back off, if he can't pull u back in before u leave u can win the trade

darius is so scary because if u end up trying to trade and can't come out ahead, there's no way u can escape. with his pull gone, most tops (i think) can win trades without fear of getting snagged back in

depends on champ obv but having 3 skills up against only 2 is a huge advantage

idk i think most people are too scared of darius when really u just have to respect him

the real person that scares me is IRELIA because i have NO ****ING CLUE how much damage she will do AT ANY POINT IN THE LANE

that ***** is a WILDCAT

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Any tips for not getting zoned bot when playing ADC in solo queue? A lot of times, my supports don't ward the bot bushes properly (if Sona is poking me, or Leona is camping the bush, put a ward in it ffs), but when my support is derping, how can I make up for it in my own play and not lose cs? I feel like this is a big fallback of mine, and I'd like to fix it when I have to play a carry.

Kira-

Smash Champion
does anyone else get kinda sad/mad when u hear of a pro player and they are like 15 years old and ur like

ffff why am i not better than them

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
No usual top laner (at least who isn't ranged or has some form of ranged attack/stupid amounts of sustain) can 1v1 him. If you do, you will lose.
I got first blood on a Darius lv 1 as Skarner in ranked : D
And then I got denied the rest of the match and our jungler dced. <<

:038:

Top Bottom