• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Leacero

Smash Lord
Speaking of champions no one ever plays, what's up with Brand? Is he bad, or just outclassed?
Brand is just very linear in what he does, aka do mondo amounts of damage. I just don't think many ppl use him because he doesn't have the same utility as a lot of the other popular APs do (and for the non-professional scene: because people are sheep).

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Not 100 percent sure what it was but I found that I really didn't enjoy listening to Scarra's commentary.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Its pretty sad... that even the commentators were going "All they have to do is ban Irelia and Jayce and Wickd doesn't really have anyone he's comfortable with then" and boom Shy gets to free farm and CLG couldn't carry with 1 guy bringing the team down even after Azubu Frost had some throws. Wickd needs to up his champion pool

Also Zyra has been played as a support and not a AP carry :| I think its mainly to bait out picks too

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Ever since the Zyra nerfs she hasn't been used as an AP carry at all during tournament play.
Also, I heard Riven was used during TPA vs M5. Singed won, but I still would've liked to watch. Anyone got reruns of the match? I only found WE vs CLG EU

Vyke

Smash Champion
Wickd doesn't have that limited a champion pool. Team already said that they made a lot of bad decisions in that game and that the Riven pick wasn't what lost them the game.

Talk about dem sheep.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Yeah, a lot of mistakes were made (by both teams, clg just moreso). Yellowpete and woong both getting caught by themselves, wickd getting caught top lane as well as charging baron, yellowpete getting ulted by skarner at a key fight were just a few things i noticed

:phone:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I feel like Shy could've snowballed his team a lot faster if he'd ganked other lanes.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Okay so does Fiora actually win any top lane matchups? lol

like I've had to play Pantheon twice now and gangplank once I beat gangplank but those pantheons. my god.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Yellowpete was their only hope of winning that game but then he got skarner ultied in that one key fight by their 2nd mid tower. It sucks when the game is on your shoulders and all the pressure is on you to carry the team. It should not have gotten to that point. That was the deciding fight imo

What's The Point

Smash Master
Another key point of that fight is Sona wasn't on the tower when Ez got grabbed, and didn't get there to ult till way to late because Shy went around the tower and slow/flinged Sona back.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Brand is just very linear in what he does, aka do mondo amounts of damage. I just don't think many ppl use him because he doesn't have the same utility as a lot of the other popular APs do (and for the non-professional scene: because people are sheep).
That and hes kinda short/mid range and has no escape.

Leacero

Smash Lord
That and hes kinda short/mid range and has no escape.
What. He has pretty long range bro. And not all AP mids have a dedicated escape. Brand's stun is like on a 4 sec cooldown with CDR considering you can hit things. That's better than you can say for a lot of other APs.

Also his ult is pretty unreliable in team fights given the speed of the projectile and how it bounces. Really need to use it as a followup to other CC.
Since the change with having it prioritize champions, it's not so bad. After all, all you need is two people near each other, and if they move away to prevent the bounce then you just essentially did a displacing CC on them.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
What. He has pretty long range bro. And not all AP mids have a dedicated escape. Brand's stun is like on a 4 sec cooldown with CDR considering you can hit things. That's better than you can say for a lot of other APs.

Since the change with having it prioritize champions, it's not so bad. After all, all you need is two people near each other, and if they move away to prevent the bounce then you just essentially did a displacing CC on them.
It's just not as reliable, Gragas ult after short delay displaces everyone in range immediately and all the damage is upfront. Brand you can get unlucky and have the first/2nd person of the ults target flash out of everyone elses range effectively doing damage to one or two people and displacing a few people. Here the only pro for brand really being that Gragas' ult can completely miss and Brand's is guaranteed to hit at least one person.

It's not terrible, it's just not as reliable as the other top AP mid ultimates for the most part.

Edit: What I mean to say is, Brand is fine but he requires more skill and more luck to be effective with compared to some top tier mids.

Leacero

Smash Lord
It's just not as reliable, Gragas ult after short delay displaces everyone in range immediately and all the damage is upfront. Brand you can get unlucky and have the first/2nd person of the ults target flash out of everyone elses range effectively doing damage to one or two people and displacing a few people. Here the only pro for brand really being that Gragas' ult can completely miss and Brand's is guaranteed to hit at least one person.

It's not terrible, it's just not as reliable as the other top AP mid ultimates for the most part.

Edit: What I mean to say is, Brand is fine but he requires more skill and more luck to be effective with compared to some top tier mids.
Yeah that's why I said he doesn't have the same utility that a lot of the other more popular AP mids have.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I feel like Shy could've snowballed his team a lot faster if he'd ganked other lanes.
If he successfully ganked other lanes, then yes. But if you roam and fail then you not only lose out on your own farm but you allow your top lane opponent to get back into the game for free.

It's a much safer and still effective strategy to just continue to crush your lane, especially if you can safely pressure the second and third turrets with someone like Singed.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I think eve is broken op, definitely if you can play her competently she is in low elo solo queue.

She's just so good at roaming, w is so good at dealing with getting ganked, her only problem is some people seem to hard counter her in lane and you can't get kills in lane pre-6 unless your opponent makes a REALLY stupid midstake.

But post-6, afk push, roam. Your other 2 lanes feeding? NP, gank them until they do well again. Even if it's well warded with pinks she can just run at them through lane when they're pushed up because she can get mad close before stealth is off, W is such a powerful MS steriod, and ult's range is ridiculous.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I think eve is broken op, definitely if you can play her competently she is in low elo solo queue.

She's just so good at roaming, w is so good at dealing with getting ganked, her only problem is some people seem to hard counter her in lane and you can't get kills in lane pre-6 unless your opponent makes a REALLY stupid midstake.

But post-6, afk push, roam. Your other 2 lanes feeding? NP, gank them until they do well again. Even if it's well warded with pinks she can just run at them through lane when they're pushed up because she can get mad close before stealth is off, W is such a powerful MS steriod, and ult's range is ridiculous.
Yeah, Evelynn is a little bit cancerous for mid lane. Ridiculously free ELO right now.

Not to mention she's actually pretty freaking godlike in general too. I like her though. She's got nice ****.

Okuser

Smash Ace
uh I was toplane.

that game was stupid. my jungler literally never came top even though I was getting dove under t2 turret.

and orb hai ****ing camped the **** out of me with that stupid gragas jungle

haha I also didn't know wingsofdeath got mad so easy. haha with wings again

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
They should make it so that any projectile that crosses through the gate gets a speed and range boost, just imagine how lulzy that would be.

/not really

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Jayce we get a new OP combo. Tbh i like Jayce's cannon W. giving me cannon w into hammer knockback will make me a happy camper.

Mainly cause E is mainly for the hammer combo cause shockblast doesn't get stronger with E level ups right? I think its a consistent 40% increase. Probably should nerf that to like 20/25/30/35/40

Top Bottom