• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
dem games... where you have that one guy who doesn't participate in team fights so its a 4v5 essentially .-.

the team tells him to go backdoor two naked inhibs as AD eve then... but he just wanders back and forth in the river then tries to 1v5 their team -______-

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I was just about to link that Syndra thing.
In addition we've also got a number of bug fixes in the works that should also improve Syndra's play experience, in particular a case where enemies hit by both Scatter the Weak and a knocked back Dark Sphere sometimes only getting knocked back, rather than knocked back and stunned as intended.
I always thought that was a bug, was seriously annoying when I would E people and they got knocked back but not stunned when it looked like they should.

D

Deleted member

i played with him on my team in ranked and he sucked a ****ing **** probably because he was EMO

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I love Draven, and he's so much fun, but I can't play him for **** against a hard engage lane. Alistar or Leona in bottom lane and I lose it if they don't just get horrifically outplayed.

I was against Leona/Vayne yesterday and just couldn't figure out how to approach it. They were pushed to my tower the entire game (and well warded). They managed to make my support (who was Alistar) go back early and then just never lost that momentum. They made it hell to even last hit with Vayne Tumble. Leona just sat in the bush. We warded the bush, but I couldn't even throw axes at her for fear of being stunned/condemned/Leonaulted and any damage I dealt to Vayne was lifestealed off. Jungler was Nunu and was never really able to help.

How do I solve the problem if I'm in such a lane, preferably with an answer that helps me if we've started to get behind, but aren't full on getting roasted? How do I cope if I am getting lit up? How do I win it at the beginning?

What do I tell a jungler when it is obvious I need help in bottom lane, but they're well warded?

With a carry like Ez, Graves, Corki, or Trist, I can harass and remain safe enough to do so with a jump/blink that keeps you safe enough or provides free positioning on an engage. With Ashe or MF, I can kite and poke from a range. I want to know if there's something I'm missing in positioning with Draven in lane or if it's just a falling of the character that I shouldn't challenge.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i'd say have Lulu/Sona poke Leona down to the point engaging is suicide against Draven's damage. Lulu might do better with her CC early levels to counter act Leona's stun but that's only if you are getting caught.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I prefer a support like Sona when I'm playing Draven, but that particular friend isn't a fan of squishy supports. In my experience, Draven just bullies until he can expose you in a hard engage, so I don't typically like having a hard engage support, but it's what I had at the time of the problem and I am more concerned with figuring out how to fix the problem if it's presented again at another time (like solo queue where you can't pick your teammates).

Leacero

Smash Lord
I love Draven, and he's so much fun, but I can't play him for **** against a hard engage lane. Alistar or Leona in bottom lane and I lose it if they don't just get horrifically outplayed.

I was against Leona/Vayne yesterday and just couldn't figure out how to approach it. They were pushed to my tower the entire game (and well warded). They managed to make my support (who was Alistar) go back early and then just never lost that momentum. They made it hell to even last hit with Vayne Tumble. Leona just sat in the bush. We warded the bush, but I couldn't even throw axes at her for fear of being stunned/condemned/Leonaulted and any damage I dealt to Vayne was lifestealed off. Jungler was Nunu and was never really able to help.

How do I solve the problem if I'm in such a lane, preferably with an answer that helps me if we've started to get behind, but aren't full on getting roasted? How do I cope if I am getting lit up? How do I win it at the beginning?

What do I tell a jungler when it is obvious I need help in bottom lane, but they're well warded?

With a carry like Ez, Graves, Corki, or Trist, I can harass and remain safe enough to do so with a jump/blink that keeps you safe enough or provides free positioning on an engage. With Ashe or MF, I can kite and poke from a range. I want to know if there's something I'm missing in positioning with Draven in lane or if it's just a falling of the character that I shouldn't challenge.
I was in this game, but I didn't see bot at all. Early on you just have to chunk them, I don't see any real reason why they would win trades over you. Early on, if Leona engages on you all you gotta do is have Ali knock Vayne back before she can really proc Leona passives and you just kite Leona back while chunking her with axes. You will win that trade. If you've began to fall behind for some reason or whatever and you're down a small item or two, just don't fight then unless you get some decent harass off (Draven axe still chunks for a lot) or you've caught up in items (there should be a point before BF is purchased where you can stand up to her).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It was Mundo showing up to lane gank at any early level forcing my support back (and burning Exhaust Flashx2). They then got momentum and I never got it back.

I just looked it up and I forgot they had a Shen that game too, which didn't help.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Shen didn't really do much that game though.
I only saw him ult once in laning phase and it saved Vayne from dying when Nunu actually got a chance to come in, but didn't accomplish anything more than that aside from making me think about it.

Brings me back around to my other question, when you're pushed to tower and losing, what do you tell a jungler if you know they have wraiths/dragon warded (they're blue, you're purple).

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I only saw him ult once in laning phase and it saved Vayne from dying when Nunu actually got a chance to come in, but didn't accomplish anything more than that aside from making me think about it.

Brings me back around to my other question, when you're pushed to tower and losing, what do you tell a jungler if you know they have wraiths/dragon warded (they're blue, you're purple).
The only things I can think of besides dealing with it and trying to farm is:

1)Hope your jungler did well in other lanes and can grab early oracles/andor pink ward.

2) Gank through the lane rather than river/enemyjungle.

3) If really behind, need to orchestrate a 4 man gank involving either middle or top (hopefully with dragon after).

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
You tell your jungler that wraiths/dragon is warded.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
jungle akali insisting to me that it's viable. i tell him to go mid and i'll go malz jungle, he says "i have lifesteal and you don't" and calls me ignorant.

dat 1300 elo

SHOULDA DODGED of course

Okuser

Smash Ace
I was janna hahaha, oh my god I just ***** him so hard, and froggen

DID ANYBODY SEE THAT GAME LOL hardest janna carry of my life. not even exagerating

I'm vs hotshot again.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
jungle akali insisting to me that it's viable. i tell him to go mid and i'll go malz jungle, he says "i have lifesteal and you don't" and calls me ignorant.

dat 1300 elo

SHOULDA DODGED of course
Not everyone knows Malz has pet that does everything for him

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Hit and run.

Draven is a monster of a laner. You can just farm and then hit them with Q once and you'll already have a huge advantage. Walk backwards when harassing a champ with Q. Q causes the projectile to travel slower, allowing you to abuse it without getting minion aggro. Blood Rush right before catching an axe, then whack them, then walk away or keep chasing with another Blood Rush. E is a broken bullcrap move and shouldn't exist lmao. But really the key is abusing w. You got ghosts, man. On a constantly resetting cooldown. On a 40 mana cost. Abuse them.

Also, during teamfights, if you are chasing, run diagonally. That way you won't kill yourself for your axes.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So how 'bout that Kha'zix? I never see them anymore, and everyone seems to think he sux :o

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Where have you been Adum? Syndra's winrate is now better than Karma.
And I feel like she's not THAT bad :x

Coney

Smash Master
omfg i never knew how effective it was to duo q as taric/leona and graves, and go in level 2 and get a kill and then snowball the game after that

like, 25-5 with this strat, probably doesn't work past 1700 but holy **** that's free gold

this is THE easiest way to gain elo, BY FAR

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Man, I am loving Lux lately. She is such fun. I play Top with her but people suggest Bot might be better for her. *shrug* I've been doing leaps and bounds better as top Lux.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
as good as arranged 5s can be for not having to deal with the stress of solo queue, it gets to be extremely demoralizing when you get stomped outright by a team of 2k-2.6k players a few games in a row

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Aero you play?!
What lvl are you?
We should play sometime.
Yesu!
Agreed!

I started on like, the 30th of Sept and I've got like, 50 or so wins in PvP, so I think I'm doing okay.

My best character is Sona~

Why don't you play syndra instead then? She's worse.
but then I'd be using Ganondorf

Top Bottom