• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
is there anyone here (besides irvine) thats going to finals next month? we should definitely all meet up and get a section to ourselves.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
thanks i totally forgot about him now i can win the tournament
Seriously, chill.

Bassem was joking, he wasn't actually making a serious statement about the meta.

If you're good at something, people wanna learn from you, if you don't wanna teach people or only wanna teach people in a specific way, you can say it without a pissed off megapost.

I recognize this is probably built up frustration here, but this entire thing did come off as a mite ****ish and I'd personally appreciate trying to keep the environment here a bit more friendly.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Have Syndra toss a neutral minion just opposite of Dragon/Baron den and have a champ with a target-enemy-only dash like a Xin without flash and dash over the wall. If it saves him, call it a "top play of the day."

I do prefer her W for poke and max. Makes for some early initiates when someone helps gank for her.

:phone:

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Can Syndra grab a neutral monster the other Syndra already has grabbed? OR OR OR can Syndra grab a neutral monster out of the air (after being thrown by other Syndra) and negate the damge of it hitting the ground?!?!?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Are allies allowed to target the minion Syndra takes hold of, while she is holding it?
No, they're invincible. If you try to Q a monster and then immediately W it, the Q won't do damage since it's delayed.

Can Syndra grab a neutral monster the other Syndra already has grabbed? OR OR OR can Syndra grab a neutral monster out of the air (after being thrown by other Syndra) and negate the damge of it hitting the ground?!?!?
No to the first since it's invincible, and probably no to the second. But who knows how Riot coded it.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Haha I just got a warning from the tribunal.

Being able to review my own case is fantastic because now I truly understand how ****ed the process is.

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The thing about Tribunal bans... I could have sworn I read it somewhere before, but I can't find it. It's not like it's automated, doesn't Riot personally review every case that has an overwhelming majority of "Punish?" So everyone that gets warned/punished was because the final decision was made by riot staff?

Okuser

Smash Ace
Heres the case: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5684308/#nogo

@raziek- cite one post of mine, that would be truly worth of punishment.

@red ryu- that's exactly what is wrong with the system. there was a statistic posted that 93% of cases that go through the tribunal result in punishments. which effectively means the system is compromised because you can press Punish for every single case you encounter and you have a 9/10 chance of voting "correctly".

Okuser

Smash Ace
I intentionally fed the leblanc game. there is no denying that.

the problem here, is that the 2nd game. theres literally no reason for me to have been reported.

so the question is, I should be punished for ONE game of bad behavior?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@red ryu- that's exactly what is wrong with the system. there was a statistic posted that 93% of cases that go through the tribunal result in punishments. which effectively means the system is compromised because you can press Punish for every single case you encounter and you have a 9/10 chance of voting "correctly".

Hence the IP rewards are trivial and they're even removing them experimentally, apparently their metrics show that most tribunal voters do it to better the community. Who would've thought?

I intentionally fed the leblanc game. there is no denying that.

the problem here, is that the 2nd game. theres literally no reason for me to have been reported.

so the question is, I should be punished for ONE game of bad behavior?
Frankly, one game of intentional feeding is enough in my opinion.

But tossing that aside in both games my immediate reaction to the first things you said both games was "I wanna punish this guy" and it only got worse the further I read into the game. (well, third for the second game)

I understand people get frustrated, but dude, you crossed the line, the way you spoke to your teammates was punish-worthy. Take this as a warning and adjust your ingame attitude or you WILL wind up perma-banned.

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah okuser you talk in your games like 15char talks on the boards

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Okuser

Smash Ace
Haha this is exactly whats wrong with the tribunal.

Firstly, normal games either shouldn't be counted, or should count for less. I've never reported someone in a normal game for any reason, EVER. because who the **** cares? yall need to harden the **** up, if a couple words from some *** hole on the internet actually gets under your skin (unless they are spamming, see below). and this is part of the reason normals should not be counted, the reason normal players get offended is because they are self-conscious about their skill level.

Second, the only things that are ban worthy, are people that intentionally lower your chances of winning in ranked, or spam/hack/glitch.

I've never broken the summoners code in a ranked game, because thats the only time it matters.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Haha this is exactly whats wrong with the tribunal.

Firstly, normal games either shouldn't be counted, or should count for less. I've never reported someone in a normal game for any reason, EVER. because who the **** cares? yall need to harden the **** up, if a couple words from some *** hole on the internet actually gets under your skin (unless they are spamming, see below). and this is part of the reason normals should not be counted, the reason normal players get offended is because they are self-conscious about their skill level.

Second, the only things that are ban worthy, are people that intentionally lower your chances of winning in ranked, or spam/hack/glitch.

I've never broken the summoners code in a ranked game, because thats the only time it matters.
Excuse me for being blunt but actually this shows exactly what's wrong with you.

Being anonymous is not an excuse to act like a playground bully.

And "normals don't matter"? BS, yes they're less serious, but you know, that's why people play them purely for fun, this is a game after all. A lot of people don't play ranked, because they're not interested in tryharding, why do you take it upon yourself to make their experience miserable?

If you think that what you say shouldn't affect people, then why are you saying it? The thing is, we humans are social creatures, we are wired to be affected by what people say. Having a thick skin certainly mitigates it to a degree, but that doesn't stop it from being extremely unpleasant.

TL;DR: Your views are horrendous to the majority of the community, if you can't abide by community standards you will eventually be banned, and the game will be better for it.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Excuse me for being blunt but actually this shows exactly what's wrong with you.

Being anonymous is not an excuse to act like a playground bully.
I've been accused of this before and it couldn't be further from the truth. My online persona is probably closer to my actual persona than any of you.

We obviously have different opinions on what should constitute a ban.

A Ban is an extremely final and harsh punishment. A minor amount of negative discourse should NEVER warrant a ban.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
You intentionally fed in a game, admitted to it, and your punishment was all of a warning. Completely warranted.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i dont know what the second game report was for

but i wouldve punished after seeing the first one

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I've been accused of this before and it couldn't be further from the truth. My online persona is probably closer to my actual persona than any of you.

We obviously have different opinions on what should constitute a ban.

A Ban is an extremely final and harsh punishment. A minor amount of negative discourse should NEVER warrant a ban.
Well pardon me again for being blunt, but if your RL persona is anything like you presented in those games, then I doubt anyone would ever want to associate with you.

That was NOT minor. That was major abuse, and that before anything happened you started off with "so you guys like d***", that shows me that it isn't even frustration, it's just how you normally communicate in this game.

Honestly, do you think ANYONE here would want to play with somebody who acted like that in game?

Okuser

Smash Ace
Wow you're a ****ing idiot. did you even read the context?

probably not, because you're just talking out of your *** now

you either need to grow up or get some real world exposure.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Wow you're a ****ing idiot. did you even read the context?

probably not, because you're just talking out of your *** now
Him taking it well doesn't change the fact that it was an entirely unwarranted and mean-spirited response.

You're illustrating my point pretty nicely by the way.

I think we're done here, everyone who commented here agreed that your warning was warranted, and if you don't adjust the way you deal with people in league you will be banned in time. Don't like it? play a different game.

Lovage

Smash Hero
i don't think u deserve any punishment based on those 2 games at all

but you def seem like a homo based on the way u rage

adubrmbrous if you think his little trolling like "u guys like ****" was serious harassment or w/e you need to calm da fok down

if ur punishment was just a warning i have no idea why you're so outraged about this lol

Okuser

Smash Ace
I'm not mad at all about the warning.

I was just raging about how stupid the tribunal is, the majority of the people that do that crap daily are people exactly like adubrmbrous that will take things out of context, hugely over react to offensive language and things like that. and actually get people permanently banned that have no business being banned.

I'll tone down the rage though, I just like to vent here sometimes about LoL related things.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
adubrmbrous if you think his little trolling like "u guys like ****" was serious harassment or w/e you need to calm da fok down
To "so u guys like green"? In that case it just comes off as "STFU", obviously not something that's punishable on it's own, but tends to be an indicator that there will be attitude problems.

There were.

Top Bottom