• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Can we go back to talking about Syndra? I hear that her ult is secretly channeled and will not hit all the parts if she gets CC'd.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
People tryhard in normals all the time. It's just a draft normal that's blind picked. :applejack:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Heres the case: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5684308/#nogo

@raziek- cite one post of mine, that would be truly worth of punishment.

@red ryu- that's exactly what is wrong with the system. there was a statistic posted that 93% of cases that go through the tribunal result in punishments. which effectively means the system is compromised because you can press Punish for every single case you encounter and you have a 9/10 chance of voting "correctly".
Not really.

Tribunal is very needed and people trying to abuse the system won't work. So troll reports won't result in a ban, it's really entertaining to go on the League forums and see people go, "Why was I banned I did nothing" Then someone from Riot comes in posting logs from in game to show how they are lying.

Now as for you case here is what I see.

1st game, you intentionally fed after Mundo messed up at level 1, 0/4 at 8 minutes? No way, not even people at my elo feed that uncontrollably. This is very punishable, idk how people like Lovage can even say this doesn't deserve a warning in itself.

2nd game you do nothing but bring everyone down, all you do is insult and make derogatory comments.

2nd is iffy if it crosses the line, but the first is most defiantly tribunal punishment worthy.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Are we doing that 1v1 in house? I think it would be good practice

:phone:

winning (which is always more fun than losing)
that's subjective. I get no form of pleasure from winning a normal game. but you're still right. Intentionally feeding is obviously report worthy, in ranked. I personally would just never report someone for doing it in a normal game though, and don't see why anybody would.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't know about your cases but I hate when people don't try in a game just because it's a normal (unless it's arranged 5s and everyone agreed to it). Some people either don't like ranked much or don't have time to play all day so they'd rather play with some friends. Why should that give one dude with attitude issues the right to ruin their chance at winning (which is always more fun than losing)?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Competitive or not, why in the world would anyone defend harassment or anything of the like? I know it can be very subjective and context matters a lot, but that's beside the point. MOBA games (specifically DOTA) have a long history of having a very hostile and inflammatory community. This is not okay by any means, and the only defense for it is 'that's the way it is' which is a terrible way of thinking about anything.

In fact, I think that hostile remarks and actions are more serious over a normal game rather than a ranked one. A normal game tends to be for a more casual audience. Certainly there is a huge variety of styles and motivations for playing, but getting yelled at isn't usually one of them. LoL is a free to play game and the casual audience (I assume) makes up most of the sales...not to mention the tournament audience which is important to sponsors. Why would anyone want to buy champions, skins, or whatever when if they play other people are practically guaranteed to make the game unpleasant?

MrEh

Smash Hero
Exactly. If people rage so hard in norms, I can't even imagine how mad they get in ranked.

Also, pic related.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
It's funny because monkeys are like players and ladder is like elo.
So whenever you try to climb up in elo there are 5 players that try to maul you.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
"Mordekaiser[00:21:34] :you're all ****ing terrible"

That alone is a perfect example of your attitude problem. Regardless of if they ARE or not, calling them out and being abusive to your teammates doesn't solve the problem whatsoever.

Further, you need far more than just two games to come up for a tribunal case. This is something Lyte has always made very clear. The people who end up in the tribunal are not there for "one or two games" where you raged, fed or otherwise. You're there because you received a SIGNIFICANT number of reports, and they picked a few games for the case.

The games in question may not have been the most damning, but I have no doubt your attitude is one I would not want to play with.

Personally, I would have punished that case.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I call people ****ing terrible in almost every ranked game and I've never been warned though

Okuser

Smash Ace
I call people ****ing terrible in almost every ranked game and I've never been warned though

^^^^^^^

This is why normals should not count, you are 10000x more likely to get reported by someone self-concious of their skill level in a normal.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
^^^^^^^

This is why normals should not count, you are 10000x more likely to get reported by someone self-concious of their skill level in a normal.
It's a very simple concept. Don't be an *******.

Or did you forget the Summoner's Code that you agreed to? You know, the one that you violate to end up in the Tribunal.
Summoner's Code said:
Enjoy Yourself, but not at Anyone Else’s Expense

“Short is the joy that guilty pleasure brings.” -Euripides

Making games is our business, so it should come as no surprise that we want you to have a lot of fun. We want you to get excited, to have tension-filled moments, and to celebrate your success. This doesn’t mean that we’re okay with you ruining anybody else’s day.

Remember, taking a jab at your friend in the middle of the game is a lot different than making a glib remark at a complete stranger. Someone who is unfamiliar with what you consider playful may take your comment as an attack and react unfavorably. If two players on a team start fighting, good communication and teamwork become nearly impossible. Once communication breaks down, the likelihood of victory is drastically diminished. It isn’t uncommon for simple, good natured teasing to spiral out of control into a loss, so do yourself a favor and don’t run the risk of sabotaging your own success.
Edit:

Or more specifically straight from Section 5, the Code of Conduct in the EULA you agree to when you play the game:

A. Impersonating any person, business, or entity, including an employee of Riot Games, or communicating in any way that makes it appear that the communication originates from Riot Games;

B. Posting identifying information about yourself, or any other user, in the Game;

C. Harassing, stalking, or threatening any other users in the Game;

D. Removing, altering or concealing any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights notices of Riot Games contained in the Game. You also may not transmit content that violates or infringes the rights of others, including without limitation, patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity, or other proprietary rights;

E. Transmitting or communicating any content which, in the sole and exclusive discretion of Riot Games, is deemed offensive, including, but not limited to, language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;

F. Transmitting or facilitating the transmission of any content that contains a virus, corrupted data, trojan horse, bot keystroke logger, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other computer programming routines that are intended to and/or actually damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or mine, scrape or expropriate any system, data or personal information;

G. Spamming chat, whether for personal or commercial purposes, by disrupting the flow of conversation with repeated postings of a similar nature;

H. Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, "exploits" an undocumented aspect of the Game in order to secure an unfair advantage over other users;

I. Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, defrauds any other user of the Game, including, but not limited to, by "scamming" or "social engineering;”

J. Accessing or attempting to access areas of the Game or Game servers that have not been made available to the public;

K. Logging out, disconnecting or exiting the Game during live game-play. Riot Games’ automated “Leaverbuster” system tracks this data and may issue temporary bans to users who frequently leave during live game-play. The length of the temporary ban will increase over time if a particular Account continues to leave during live game-play;

L. Selecting a Summoner name that is falsely indicative of an association with Riot Games, contains personally identifying information, infringes on the proprietary rights of third parties, or that is offensive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable. You may not use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent this restriction on Summoner name choices. Riot Games may modify any name which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, violates this provision without further notification to you, and may take further disciplinary measures, including Account termination, for repeated violations.

Okuser

Smash Ace
It's a very simple concept. Don't be an *******.

Or did you forget the Summoner's Code that you agreed to? You know, the one that you violate to end up in the Tribunal.
:
Just to clarify, since yall seem to misunderstand. I don't talk **** to people in normal games, that'd be like jordan jefferson making fun of a high school QB.

also, are yalls ignore buttons broken or something.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You clearly don't get it.

Normal, Ranked, it doesn't matter.

If you are being hostile and abusive to another player, you will be punished.

End of story.

The ignore button is a temporary solution and it does not erase the abuse from happening. Most players who actually care about winning will not ignore because they may actually want to see your pings and see RELEVANT things.

You need a serious reality check on what is and isn't ok.

What do you even GAIN from calling people terrible? I want to hear why you think that's ok, and provides any benefit.

Okuser

Smash Ace
You should probably read everything before posting.

I already said I don't break the summoners code in ranked games. Ever.

Yall are assuming for some reason since I'm arguing against offensive language and verbal abuse being banworthy that I do it in-game frequently.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Sup guys new league player here, I know some of you from DGames though

How do you guys feel about building things that get better over time like RoA and Archangels/Manamune in ARAMs?

Also because I'm new and don't really know where to find this stuff out are there any mids that counter/do well against the following champs? Ziggs, Kass, Annie and Ryze. Thinking if I should buy any more mids for bad matchups? Probably gonna buy Mordekaiser anyway though

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Yall are assuming for some reason since I'm arguing against offensive language and verbal abuse being banworthy that I do it in-game frequently.
Doing it in normals is still banworthy. You're ruining the game for other people.

Are you not getting that?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Sup guys new league player here, I know some of you from DGames though

How do you guys feel about building things that get better over time like RoA and Archangels/Manamune in ARAMs?

Also because I'm new and don't really know where to find this stuff out are there any mids that counter/do well against the following champs? Ziggs, Kass, Annie and Ryze. Thinking if I should buy any more mids for bad matchups? Probably gonna buy Mordekaiser anyway though
Summoner name, now!

Wouldn't do it in arams, but not really familar with the meta so might be wrong.

My midlane counterfu is sorta weak, but for kass I've had great success with picking any ranged, using AD runes, and AAing him whenever possible.

Dude, nobody cares if you never break your personal code, people care if you break the community's mores, and the community doesn't care where the behavior occurs, just that you break the summoner's code.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Imo you shouldn't spend any money on champs, just grind it out

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Well too late I already bought him, and he's great fun.

I assume I'm pretty bulky but I don't seem like I'll do well in one on one fights so I generally avoid anyone that's bigger than me. That little girl isn't though so it's fun to roll out of the bushes and make her life a misery, but everytime that minotaur appears my tactics are roll the **** out of there.

Anyway 3 PvP matches and 3 wins so far. Awwww yeeeah.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Putting vayne into a 2v1 lane eliminates most of her flaws, ie bad matchups and inability to push. she gets free farm essentially too. if 2v1'ing becomes more mainstream, which it is, she might get a lot more popular.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Imo you shouldn't spend any money on champs, just grind it out

time can't be bought by money. So you either spend time (a non-renewable resource) or money (a resource made from time)

Given the Time:IP ratio being completely imbal to time:money, its fair to spend money on the game.

Now if someone is sliding their dad/mom's credit card, well i hate you, go get a job like was 95% of us have to do to have nice stuff.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Don't worry about that everything I get is out my own pocket.

Anyway I played a match another match and we won again:

Aww yeah.

Top Bottom