• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
None so far. I wasn't affected while in spain and Im not affected now. Not sure what's going on with my body... y it still work?!?!

I, uh, completely missed silverheart as a card. Did not realize so many people would be playing it and did not realize how powerful it was. Luckily for me, entreat the angels didnt care :)
rofl, 12 power on the board for 5 mana, card's pretty nuts :p.

Congrats UTDZac! But...what's PT Barcelona?
MtG pro tour. 17th is like ~$2K prize and invite to the next pro tour I think. pretty big deal and even though it has nothing to do with LoL, I think we should all give Zac a congrats because well, it's a pretty big deal.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
1st place was $40,000 and top 8 each got $10,000 at least. PT Barcelona is the equivalent of Apex, except the TOs have a huge fund to bring 200 of the best players outside the US to come and compete. Pretty intense.

bassem6

Smash Lord
1st place was $40,000 and top 8 each got $10,000 at least. PT Barcelona is the equivalent of Apex, except the TOs have a huge fund to bring 200 of the best players outside the US to come and compete. Pretty intense.
gj zac, I will call you...cardmaster

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So i'm playing xenoblade.. I put the max amount of gems on a character.. And get the achievement "Truly Outrageous" I love this game so much.

john!

Smash Hero
So i'm playing xenoblade.. I put the max amount of gems on a character.. And get the achievement "Truly Outrageous" I love this game so much.
hands down THE biggest shoutout to league of legends i've ever seen was in skyrim

there is a character in skyrim named cicero

[COLLAPSE="spoilers"]he is an insane jester that has a maniacal high-pitched voice. he enjoys laughing and telling jokes.

he is a member of an underground guild of assassins, and is considered one of the most dangerous human NPC's in the game. he uses rapid knife attacks to kill people.

in one quest you walk through a booby-trapped dungeon in order to find and kill him. his clothes give bonuses to sneaking, silence your movement, and give one-handed weapons bonuses, including double damage with one-handed weapons while sneaking.

oh, and many people find him extremely, extremely annoying...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWX22Bmcod4#t=15s[/COLLAPSE]

coincidence? i think not...

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
hands down THE biggest shoutout to league of legends i've ever seen was in skyrim

there is a character in skyrim named cicero

[COLLAPSE="spoilers"]he is an insane jester that has a maniacal high-pitched voice. he enjoys laughing and telling jokes.

he is a member of an underground guild of assassins, and is considered one of the most dangerous human NPC's in the game. he uses rapid knife attacks to kill people.

in one quest you walk through a booby-trapped dungeon in order to find and kill him. his clothes give bonuses to sneaking, silence your movement, and give one-handed weapons bonuses, including double damage with one-handed weapons while sneaking.

oh, and many people find him extremely, extremely annoying...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWX22Bmcod4#t=15s[/COLLAPSE]

coincidence? i think not...

FYI the whole "gems are truly outrageous" thing is actually in reference to the intro for an 80s cartoon called Jem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNqrWm1M3Sc

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I'm getting tired of losing to Jax top. Who counters him? I lost to him with Nidalee and Shyvana. Nidalee game I messed up on so no realy 100% I can't beat him with her.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Big grats Zac. From your posts I knew you played mtg, but not at that kind of a level.
Shame you just missed out on top 16, but top 32 is still a hell of a finish at a pt. Especially with that big list of the names in the top 32.

I don't really play anything but Legacy myself (and thankfully Legacy is going pretty strong in upstate NY) so I've never really done much outside of small Legacy events. Wish I had the money to play at scg events, but oh well. Block/Standard/Modern just don't float my boat. Nothing will ever quite match the feeling of Brainstorm, Pernicious Deeds, and the like for me.

Anyways, huge props.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I've gotten to play with Jpak enough to know what will happen. He and his Viktor + Baron shenanigans

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What the hell did she need? More gold per 5s?

Wait, i take that back, AP carry soraka?
Nope, she was support. Just had a stupid moment or something, she was competent the rest of the game.

Just played a game where we were pretty much losing and then their Naut "IMayLeaveInGame" left so we won 5v4 :/ feels bad.

edit: oh wow at John's link, that's big news. Does this mean I have to buy more champs in order to play draft? :/
It seems I do, so I just unlocked Jax and Janna to total 15, will buy some 450 champ when I get a few more IP. I feel like a week's notice is kinda short.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Lee sin literally excells at everything in the jungle which makes him amazing at snowballing your entire team. The fact that he doesn't fall off that hard and his q is amazing on drag and baron is a bonus.
not sure how much sense this makes, alistar isn't the best at everything in the jungle but he snowballs your team harder than lee sin.

Honestly, why? She seems ok, around the level of jungle shen or jax, her main problem is that "whatever you wanna do, there's multiple other junglers that are better at it".
one of the few champions that can get immensely fed and still have zero threat. as far as i'm concerned she has 1 move

I'm getting tired of losing to Jax top. Who counters him? I lost to him with Nidalee and Shyvana. Nidalee game I messed up on so no realy 100% I can't beat him with her.
not sure

but whatever you do

don't try vlad (loses hard)

and try riven (shes op)

maybe kennen

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
not sure how much sense this makes, alistar isn't the best at everything in the jungle but he snowballs your team harder than lee sin.
Well in my opinion the reason Lee is a much better pick is that I think allistar actually has exploitable gaps in his kit as a jungler. Yes his ganks are great, but he doesn't really have good buff control, he's vulnerable to counter-jungling, he's not really a good jungle duelist, and he really doesn't seem to farm his own jungle that well.

So while allistar can make the team snowball harder, I think he's much more of a gamble whereas Lee sin is incredibly reliable at it because his kit is weak at nothing in the jungle and he still excels at ganking.

one of the few champions that can get immensely fed and still have zero threat. as far as i'm concerned she has 1 move
It's a very good 1 move. Her damage threat is very low, but artic assualt gives her reasonable mobility and her slows do a lot of damage to the enemy team's ability to position.

Plus, the fact that she does pretty much the same thing no matter how fed she is makes her a very inexpensive jungler, which is a substantial advantage given the jungle has less farm then a lane.

So, she's not good, but I think she's definitely not eve level bad, just outperformed.

Player-3

Smash Hero
varus ult hitbox being bad is made up for by the shock factor when you lane vs something that shoots giant red dildos

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm pretty sure Varus' autoattacks are these:

Mogwai just looking at your match history with Panth I can tell you'd be fun to watch. I don't recall if I've seen Panth with double bloodthirsters before but it looks entertaining

Top Bottom