• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Kira-

Smash Champion
udyr needs first category imo.

seriously, tiger stance + turtle stance op.
falls off in teamfights and late game

same with lee sin, people misunderstand because these champions get fed in solo q because they have strong lane phase. any champion that is fed looks good, if these 2 champs are not fed they fall off significantly

As far as sej, seems odd to comment on how a generally considered trash tier champ is lower then trash in an "overrated" category. Same with the generally considered mediocore teemo.
sej is actually worse than people think she is, she is not just bad, she is absolute garbage

teemo is picked too often to not be overrated

Taric has been gaining traction. As far as nasus, meh. Love him, think he loses too many lanes though, and not really useful midgame. Dat lategame though. If I can cp like a yorick in lane, I always will.
taric has been gaining traction indeed

nasus' teamfight is incredibly strong

never seen anyone pick nasus to counter yorick, have no experience with it

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Wow, all the new Ashe models and animations look A LOT BETTER! Also the 3 new skins are amazing too. I was wondering when Swain would get a new skin.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't see ****. The official riot announcement got taken down from what I read.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
I don't see ****. The official riot announcement got taken down from what I read.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2120982

it wasn't taken down, udyr just posted it to the announcement section accidentally when it should have been in the PBE forums

She also has great burst in lane. Grab her an aggressive support.

Anivia is 100% OP. Build her pure tank almost and she can still put out huge DPS over the course of a teamfight while never dying.
til the rest of the world magically can mimic froggen with 100% success anivia is fine

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
upgraded my os, have to wait for various things to finish installing

while I wait, my list of champs that are completely broke (in no particular order):

TF
Riven
Lulu
People say Riven is broken but every time I watch a stream, tournament, or high elo spectator match Riven is losing :|||||

Completely anecdotal but man for all this kvetching you'd think I'd see this ***** win something.

Also I just got on the PBE to try out all of the new eye candy, and the new SR looks really great and runs a lot better. You can't see much in the screenshots they provided, but the textures are much more detailed and the color palette is less bright while maintaining the same flavor as before. Really nice.

Video comparison here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsdQ3FG2ojA

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2120982
til the rest of the world magically can mimic froggen with 100% success anivia is fine
TIL the inability of a large amount of people to play a character to maximum capacity makes it suddenly not an overpowered character.

Riven is a solo queue and snowballing beast.

I agree that Lee Sin is overrated a bit, but not nearly as much as Olaf. His extreme mobility keeps him relatively relevant in lategame and he has an AS reduction and repositioning skill (unlike Olaf who 100% drops off).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Saw Azen play a ranked game. His team was dominating so hard early game, then magically lost the game towards the end.

I suck at this game, so I have a hard time trying to figure out what went so wrong. :applejack:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Solo queue has a lot of throwing/getting picked off, not to mention some teams have a lot of late-game dominant champs so if it drags on those start winning.

Also, if every lane was winning but enemy bot lane was dominating, enemy will likely win if they keep the carry alive.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Every lane was getting dominated by Azen's team.
I think it's just that it dragged on too long, and his team kinda fell off in comparison to theirs. :applejack:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
falls off in teamfights and late game

same with lee sin, people misunderstand because these champions get fed in solo q because they have strong lane phase. any champion that is fed looks good, if these 2 champs are not fed they fall off significantly
I don't think anyone disagrees that they fall off, it's just that they're so good and such safe picks during the laning phase.

Lee sin literally excells at everything in the jungle which makes him amazing at snowballing your entire team. The fact that he doesn't fall off that hard and his q is amazing on drag and baron is a bonus.

Udyr imo falls off more, still a great defensive tank line because of his disruption, the thing is, he's abusive when he gets ahead and there are reletively few MUs he doesn't crush or at least tie.

IMO, you lose laning phase (especially top lane) you've not only given up kills, you've given up a ton of farm. That's why safe abusive characters are so powerful imo.

Granted, a strong jungler can definitely cover for a laner that would normally lose the MU. Also certain teamcomps definitely are good at stalling and not giving too much of an advantage and then shining in lategame.

sej is actually worse than people think she is, she is not just bad, she is absolute garbage
Honestly, why? She seems ok, around the level of jungle shen or jax, her main problem is that "whatever you wanna do, there's multiple other junglers that are better at it".

teemo is picked too often to not be overrated
Everyone plays teemo cause he's adorable, nobody thinks he's actually good.

taric has been gaining traction indeed
I see him a lot, doesn't really mesh with me tbh though.

nasus' teamfight is incredibly strong

never seen anyone pick nasus to counter yorick, have no experience with it
Definitely once you hit lategame, wither combined with aoe armor reduction and those deeps.

I've come to the conclusion that yorick really can't force nasus out of lane (if you keep level parity) because, his spells might do a fair amount of damage, but they give him something he can lifesteal from without pushing his lane, plus a consolation syphoning strike target. Then around level 8 his syphoning strike should be farmed enough that you can eat him or force him out of lane consistently. Probably earlier for people who more efficient at Q farming.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've personally had a ton of success with jungle Sejuani, to be honest.
Just me though. I find her ganks absolutely incredible, especially after Level 6. :applejack:

Carnivalmar

Smash Rookie
Solo queue has a lot of throwing/getting picked off, not to mention some teams have a lot of late-game dominant champs so if it drags on those start winning.

Also, if every lane was winning but enemy bot lane was dominating, enemy will likely win if they keep the carry alive.
Alot of those late game champs like nasus and ad sion are easy to shut down early game. If a team sucks so much that they cant even shut down an ad sion and make him completely useless then they deserve to lose anyways.

And yes, it's true that the enemy team would win if they kept their fed carry alive- but if every single one of their lanes are losing except their bot, then I doubt that they would be skilled enough to keep their carry alive anyways.

I've personally had a ton of success with jungle Sejuani, to be honest.
Just me though. I find her ganks absolutely incredible, especially after Level 6. :applejack:
I've only been in a game with two sejuanis and I actually thought she was pretty good. Her team fight presence in particular. She doesnt deal out large amounts of damage, but she can really annoy you with her aoe cc while being difficult to kill and just give you a miserable time.

Twitch is definitely underrated. He is a functional ranged carry but a dysfunctional laner. If they gave him -any- quality of life fixes he would probably need to be nerfed. His shaky ultimate mechanics - his auto attacks become skill shots that can be dodged at even close range, makes using his ultimate at level 6 pretty ****, which instantly knocks him out of the game against just about every ranged carry until he hits level 9-13. Otherwise though 925 ranged aoe auto attacks with a 10 second 70 or 90% (I swear its 90 but lolwiki says its 70%) AS steroid with 35 bonus ad and up to 60 true damage per second - BONKERS.

< Hyping twitch since Zac stole my penta.
Twitch is similar to anivia in some ways. IMO, twitch excels more in premade 5s than in soloqueue. Both heroes are very team dependent and require excellent positioning. And you're right, his q does give him a 90% AS steroid.

trist is great but she has a few flaws

- tiny mana pool and costly spells means you can only go for a big engage 2 or so times and ur OUT
- no CC outside of rocket jump which isn't really used for it's slow, and usually has to be used when you're winning the fight or about to turn the fight. her ult is about 50% as good as lee sin's cept it's harder to position cuz she doesn't have lee's kit and she is a ranged carry.
- doesn't have kog'maw's damage

the thing is she's still good as **** at what she's always done: have ******** range late-game and the best AS steroid in the game, she's STILL one of the scariest late-game heros in the game (she just below kog/ashe in terms of scary *** late game.) she just has the classic problem of having a slightly harder time getting past midgame compared to graves/kog'maw/corki ETC.

but ya, def. super underrated/underplayed
Nope. Fiora has a better AS steroid.

Cia

das kwl
new ashe animations are SO BADDDDD WHYYYYYYYYYYY

rest of the graphical update looks great
i love the new ashe animations. And the new Summoner's RIft O_O

mildly distracting. but amazing.

also, they finally gave amethyst ashe purple ice. Like i always thought she'd have.

Also. It is IMPOSSIBLE to run out of mana with Athene's holy grail. Go Ahead. try.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Sejuani is very good against a predominately melee team that is short on targeted gap closers. 70% ms reduction makes it hard as hell for the bruisers to reach their targets. However, that situation isn't exatcly commonplace, lol.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I wonder if Athene's Holy Grail will make super mana hungry casters any better...
/Ziggs favorite AP in game

I feel op as Blue buff Ziggs, even moreso than other Blue buff casters. Without it... not so much.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Nope. Fiora has a better AS steroid.
I argue that Warwick actually has the best AS steroid. 80% for 10 seconds, 16 second base CD with utility to teammates is way stronger than 120% for 3 seconds, 11 second base CD or 90% for 7 seconds, 20 second base CD. I'd also say Fiora's is weaker than Trist's, 30% more AS with considerably less uptime isn't worth it, especially considering that Fiora's Melee Range and can just be CCed for the duration of her steroid.

Purple

Hi guys!
>owning game as fizz
>whole team is doing very well
>we've destroyed their mid inhib and stuff
>all of a sudden, baron fight and our soraka is busy farming bot
>we lose

WTF >:[
What the hell did she need? More gold per 5s?

Wait, i take that back, AP carry soraka?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I use Nasus to "counter" Yorick
Other people don't believe me, but run 0/23/7, run teleport, and rush Philo... you'll survive.

I don't think Ziggs is as desperately mana hungry as some people say. Using his passive for harass where available (his auto range is crazy good), I have become good at managing mana and still farming/harassing decently well.
But I agree-- add a blue buff and it's like Christmas, because then you hardly have to think about conserving.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ziggs is SUPER mana hungry. Not necessarily in lane, but in prolonged standoffs/poke fights? Most definitely. And in that regard I don't think Athene's would help, since that's good for engages (most of the bonus mana is from the kills/assists).

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Anyone ever have a bug where the jungle creeps wouldn't attack you back? I was playing lee sin and jumped to golems through the wall with Q, hitting the small one, which I aggroed. But the large golem never attacked me, even after killing the small one and turning to the other one. So I killed it and went on my way, yay gold.

No replay either.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I use Nasus to "counter" Yorick
Other people don't believe me, but run 0/23/7, run teleport, and rush Philo... you'll survive.

I don't think Ziggs is as desperately mana hungry as some people say. Using his passive for harass where available (his auto range is crazy good), I have become good at managing mana and still farming/harassing decently well.
But I agree-- add a blue buff and it's like Christmas, because then you hardly have to think about conserving.
In lane, yes.
Most of my harass comes from my passive, unless I can guarantee my Q can hit as well. If they are next to their caster creeps or I can catch them as they last hit I will go for a Q + auto, and being conservative enough keeps my mana relatively high.

Poking before an engage without blue buff is really hard to do though. 100 mana every 3-4 seconds, and 110 mana every 10-15 seconds drains his mana pool so quickly. Assuming you go 21/0/9 for increased blue buff duration you will have like ~1000 mana by the time the game is at a point where you are grouped up and poking to take an objective. That's not going to go very far without blue :\

I think Athene's might be okay on him, but nowhere as strong as it will be for somebody like Swain or Anivia who have giant sustained mana costs once you engage in a fight.
The Chalice passive will help at least some, but I'm more thinking that you poke down till low mana and then engage if possible, getting back the mana needed to continue the fight. I dunno, will have to try it. But if that's what you are using it for then it might just be better to go for a RoA or Archangels.
But now that I'm thinking about it, those aren't too great on Ziggs so why is Athene's any different? They all delay your damage, and I've never liked building for later on Ziggs because your putting his giant burst to waste.
meh

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Anyone ever have a bug where the jungle creeps wouldn't attack you back? I was playing lee sin and jumped to golems through the wall with Q, hitting the small one, which I aggroed. But the large golem never attacked me, even after killing the small one and turning to the other one. So I killed it and went on my way, yay gold.

No replay either.
I leashed Red with a Heimer turret and this happened.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Hey Lovage, I heard that aside from her run animation and new purple arrows, Amethyst Ashe still has the same animations a pre-change. For only 5 dollars you can have things like they used to be! Lol

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So I just made an account on the US server.

Smurfing with Cass mid was the most fun I have had playing this game.

I think I was the only one who knew about combos and other moves apart from auto attacks hahahaha.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Big ups to my boy UTDZac for runnin' amok and getting 17th @ PT Barcelona. ****'s legit, even if he did play a deck with 10 maindeck miracles.
Lol what's wrong with miracles. It won me $2000 and an invite to the next pro tour :) Also, getting to play against opponents who don't usually speak english (about 70% of them) was very interesting. Only 2 of 16 were from the states lol.

Haven't touched league in a week, what's changed!?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Lol what's wrong with miracles. It won me $2000 and an invite to the next pro tour :) Also, getting to play against opponents who don't usually speak english (about 70% of them) was very interesting. Only 2 of 16 were from the states lol.

I just hate the mechanic. I especially hate that a deck with 16 maindeck miracles won. But it's k, that's the format for you. When in rome...

At least you had the balls to play green without playing wolfir silverhearts :bee:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Nothing. How's the jet lag?
None so far. I wasn't affected while in spain and Im not affected now. Not sure what's going on with my body... y it still work?!?!

I just hate the mechanic. I especially hate that a deck with 16 maindeck miracles won. But it's k, that's the format for you. When in rome...

At least you had the balls to play green without playing wolfir silverhearts :bee:
I, uh, completely missed silverheart as a card. Did not realize so many people would be playing it and did not realize how powerful it was. Luckily for me, entreat the angels didnt care :)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Ryze got buffed, that's pretty much it.

Top Bottom