• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

D

Deleted member

naut works pretty well in every role except obviously ad carry and its ludicrously silly that they give him 4 CCs

hes a pretty sleazy, fun champ to play with clunky/OP team fight capabilities

i hate RoA on chogath, its by no means abysmal but I find that cho already has enough hp from stacks and that dorans ring + philostone gives earlier/ stronger MANA sustain that makes the mana part on catalyst/ RoA not that important.

i find that more health as opposed to armor/ magic resist on a champ that already has a lot of health is really redundant and that armor/mr is instead better. And with dorans ring + philostone+ cho passive i find that the mana increase/ cata level up sustain is not needed.

AP is obviously good but

Compare it to abyssal which grants ap/mr/ mr reduction aura that makes u true damage low mr scr00b squishies and makes your mid ap carry love u. since i run 21 offense 9 defense, with just abyssal i have a strong midgame

and the philostone turns into shurelyas which in my opinion takes care of chogaths biggest weakness, which is lack of mobility/gapcloser and helps guarantee clean ruptures/silences. The innate regen stats on shurelyas + dorans ring regen makes it so it is very difficult to run out of mana on cho

next item depends on the flow of the game. Frozen heart is an incredibly safe bet, but BORING (i get it 80% of the time), some other people get deathcap at this point to keep doing damage into late game but unless your teammates are complete DERPS maybe in late game its time to put the power into their hands while you carry through clutch ruptures/silences/1000+ true damage burst to one target

1 dorans ring, philo, abyssal, shurelyas is IMO a good, efficient build with no FAT. I used to go dorans ring catalyst every game but i find it unnecessary. I however think its a viable option if you really want banshees (keep catalyst --> turn into banshees way later)

==

the Dekar173 path also is pretty sick, but not really my style. If its the right lane matchup and if he is on purple side he uses all attack speed/ ability power runes and starts cloth+5 and takes double golems, then goes gp5 --> bilgewater cutlass --> gunblade and takes an utter dump on people, give or take thats the basics i can gather from his build

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
HondaFoo permabanned from Vayne.

Also Nautilus has been gaining steam slowly but surely. Some of us been saying he was whack from first couple weeks of his release, and Mogwai even had a status about him for a while.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's not an acronym. Think of it as the "FAT" from "Trim the fat off the meat." Basically getting what you want/need without waste/excess.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
PX, Dyrus is playing your favorite teamfighting champion again. TSM just won with him
It's bound to win from time to time, who were they playing against? I'm watching the Crs Invitational, EU teams fun to watch.

I mean, there's a reason no one really picks Olaf outside of Dyrus.

Turazrok

Smash Master
HondaFoo permabanned from Vayne.

Also Nautilus has been gaining steam slowly but surely. Some of us been saying he was whack from first couple weeks of his release, and Mogwai even had a status about him for a while.
Yo I've been saying his kit gdlk forever.

I love playing that champ so much. SO flexible with the build.

Anyhow, real talk on varus as a bot?

Healing reduc worth anything?

Lovage

Smash Hero
varus owns i been posting about him for a while

no escape, play+comp him like kogmaw, go 23/1/6 with magic pen/CDR for big detonates, max Q then W. build regular AD. get at least 1 stack before every spell, if you aren't getting focused get 2-3 stacks before every spell, big domoges

Player-3

Smash Hero
i responded to a portion of your post i felt i had the knowledge to contribute to and now you call me troll omg

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
varus owns i been posting about him for a while

no escape, play+comp him like kogmaw, go 23/1/6 with magic pen/CDR for big detonates, max Q then W. build regular AD. get at least 1 stack before every spell, if you aren't getting focused get 2-3 stacks before every spell, big domoges
Thnx. Big help, this.

:phone:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Fun games with Player 3 and Dphat today. **** my Alistar for always wanting to go in. But 3-0 in wins is okay with me.

Oh and F that Twisted Fate for calling me the worst Sona and hating on me just because I helped my team kill him. That was funny. XD

Lovage

Smash Hero
here's my favorite AP kennen masteries i'm pretty sure they're the best choice ESP. in solo que (the only other decent option is ego ignaxio SV + utility set-up but that's mostly for ****ies)

obviously use MR instead of armor at the bottom of defense if facing an AP opponent or playing mid in blind pick.

use regular runes. ap quints, magic pen reds, MR blues and armor yellows unless you can afford energy regen (really good if ur willing to flush all your ip down the drain)

Kira-

Smash Champion
riven = broke

use regular runes. ap quints, magic pen reds, MR blues and armor yellows unless you can afford energy regen (really good if ur willing to flush all your ip down the drain)
highly recommend energy regen per lvl over flats btw

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
riven = broke

highly recommend energy regen per lvl over flats btw
What about a mix? Kennen was my first main so I straight up got all the runes XD. So I have both a full set of 9 energyplvl and flat. Currently I use the same mix as Ego does (something like 5 plvl and 4 flat).

I've messed with both Ego's mastery build and going 23-7-0 Focusing mainly on AP but getting attck dmg/atckspd and armor pen as well. This was using doran shield to start though having the health regen + doran shield regen was pretty solid for trades. I've been swapping shield for doran blade lately as starting 2 doran -> boots to revolver has seem some play lately and I've been trying to feel it out.

Seems like lovage's mastery set would be better for the doran blade start. I never get havoc though, seems like a waste to put points in that.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
here's my favorite AP kennen masteries i'm pretty sure they're the best choice ESP. in solo que (the only other decent option is ego ignaxio SV + utility set-up but that's mostly for ****ies)

obviously use MR instead of armor at the bottom of defense if facing an AP opponent or playing mid in blind pick.

Havoc over AP/level is a really bad call IMO.

Kira-

Smash Champion
What about a mix? Kennen was my first main so I straight up got all the runes XD. So I have both a full set of 9 energyplvl and flat. Currently I use the same mix as Ego does (something like 5 plvl and 4 flat).
I used the mix at first too, copying one of Ego's earlier versions of his guide. I still find that I have no problems with energy in lane phase, yet continually run out of energy in the longer, drawn-out teamfights come late game. So I started using only the per levels and it did make a small but noticeable difference.

Granted I'm not a very good kennen, so maybe I wasn't using my energy as efficiently as I should? But it just seemed necessary

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah when looking up Malzahar guides it recommended 9/0/21, I tried it and it seems to work pretty well. It also gives 3% spellvamp (I assume you get that) which is pretty nice.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
21/0/9 or 9/0/21 depends entirely on the mid in question and the team around him. Whether the offensive tree is needed to burst enough for your needs depends on more than your AP ratios.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Oh right, when you're playing support, are those +40 starting gold masteries worth it? I like to have it, but I'm wondering if that's a "newb move"

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Oh right, when you're playing support, are those +40 starting gold masteries worth it? I like to have it, but I'm wondering if that's a "newb move"
One point in the mastery makes the Faerie Charm + pink ward start a bit safer, since you'll be able to bring along a health pot.

Lovage

Smash Hero
utility tree BLOWS only point of specing it is for meditation (unless ur support.)

i HATE 21/0/9 ****ty build imo. always go 21/2/7 or 23/0/7. no reason wasting your points on 1% movespeed or whatever when you could be getting 2 armor or a tiny bit more damage.

utility is great for support btw, 4 ward start is AMAZING for solo que and 5s. really a lot you can accomplish with that opener.

Top Bottom