• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Hey look at that, Olaf losing TSM another game... blows everything to reach Kog, can't even get him below half health.

Except Navi throwing a bit.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'd say the enemy team comp is worse than yours

first of all, teemo is not a teamfight champion, he is meant to stomp his lane and split push. unless extremely fed, mid-late game he is only there to add mild ranged damage and provide map control

GP's E synergizes with voli and olaf, letting them get to where they need to be quicker. You also have a pretty strong tank line. with GP ult and volibear you have good ability to catch people. brand ult and ezreal ult can terror a team if placed well.

on the other team, nocturne is their tank line, who will not be tanky until between mid and late game. they don't have strong split push because morde and ashe have no escapes, so that doesn't compliment teemo very well. the only thing i see going for them is initiate, ashe arrow with alistar and nocturne gonna be easy engages. But then again, anything with ashe arrow is an easy engage.

the fact that you lost all your teamfights means that the comp wasn't the issue. Either people got caught, someone got fed before the teamfights happened, someone played the teamfight poorly, someone on the other team played the teamfight extremely well, etc. Maybe you guys won lane, so you were tanking baron and turned to fight, but took more damage from baron than you expected, and you ended up losing the teamfight. details, bro

also, in solo queue, no game is lost at champ select. that mindset just makes you play worse, and if you comment on it, the rest of the team plays worse as well
Hey thanks for the analysis :O

If you care, here's the key stuff I remember from the game: I was support Voli, I was hoping our AD would be Ashe or someone aggressive but he ended up choosing Ezreal over Corki/Graves. It didn't really matter though 'cause I helped Ezreal get first blood on Ashe, so it looked like everything was going well, then he started complaining about extreme lag (because ranked games are where you should play if you have bad internet) and then everything in bot lane didn't go as smoothly, but still not too bad. From what I remember, Olaf was actually winning top lane against Teemo, though I thought that would be a bad matchup for him, so that was cool. I think the main problems were Ezreal lagging, and Brand going 1/4 and blaming everybody (except himself of course) which caused everyone to get angry and TYPE AT EACH OTHER. And then we started losing teamfights, and people kept derping into bushes or enemy territory and dying, etc.

Basically lost because of bad attitudes, lag, and the occasional derp. I always remain calm and try to be reasonable with people, but if people want to be angry, I can't stop them.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
catalyst -> roa is always good on cho, he's really situational tho,

great yorick counter.
Catalyst is good(though just going philo instead can work) but RoA is really a waste on cho.

You can build him many different ways, right now going dorans, hog or philo, abyssal, shurelias, Wits end(dunno if as good after the cost increase), frozen heart is usually considered really really good. Just building RoA into tankyness isn't quite as effective from what I've seen.

Also I believe movespeed quints are essential on Cho, not sure how many people agree though.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Do people (namely the support) ever level 1 gank top? I've never seen it, but I just tried it in a ranked game and helped Tryn get first blood on WW. Then again, Volibear's level 1 ganks are exceptional.

And yeah, this game I just played was a huge contrast to the other one, it's nice when people communicate/listen to each other. We won so hard thanks to that.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Um level two ganks are really common right after getting first buff is common by the jungler. And they are really stronk.
Aye, but this was level 1 by the support. I just did it again, voli+jax vs kayle, didn't quite work out because she Ghosted away, but at least she burned ghost :/ I kinda was underleveled after that though so it seems to be high risk/reward.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I don't really know what he is. I feel like Corki/Graves do more consistent burst early game because Ez relies on skillshots, but like I said it worked until he got lag.

3 ranked game wins in a row as support bear, wtf is this. All 3 of them I tried to gank top, last time it was janky because I was waiting in top lane when suddenly I see "Riven has reconnected!" so it turns out top lane enemy was late to the game and of course it never lets you know -_-

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I can do that :O
I go tanky/utility masteries and runes, CV/Exhaust
Start with Q (fling) for powerful level 1 game, get E (roar) to help with that... I generally go QEEWER because I don't get much utility out of W as I'm not autoattacking a lot, and the extra slow is important.

Start boots/wards/pots or Regrowth/Ward (I have the bonus gold mastery, idk if that's noob or not)

It's basically a kill lane, and he can peel off the carry too if necessary.

Builds goes something like Philo stone->merc treads -> HoG -> whatever from there. Tanky stuff depending on their team.

imo it's a bit like Blitzcrank, but the flings seem easier to land than pulls, because you can do it through minions, and of course then you can fear the minions so you and your carry don't take damage from them. I make people burn flash at the very least all the time.

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=23608 a guide I saw before that seemed decent about it, I think it has some videos

bassem6

Smash Lord
Lol at "tsm is bad." Every team has their share of bad games but you have to give some props to a team that can win a major tourney like ipl 4 and has proven multiple times that they shouldnt be underestimated. Not to mention how much they have contributed to the lol community. I have mad respect for them anyways.

Also I wouldn't necessarily say that your team comp was better at teamfighting asdioh. They had an Ashe and an alistar and your team didn't really have a way to deal with ashe kiting for days and cow peeling for her.

:phone:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Followup to "how do I support Voli" question: why should I play support Volibear? He has a nice passive, but he seems inferior to Leona, Blitzcrank, even Alistar.

Turazrok

Smash Master
People need to ask me about support nautilus/anivia despite what fro says support anivia is uber legit.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just went nid bottom against Ez/leona and destroyed them 2v1 lol was incredibly fun. How do you lose a 2v1 lane lmao. Roaming twitch the best.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Followup to "how do I support Voli" question: why should I play support Volibear? He has a nice passive, but he seems inferior to Leona, Blitzcrank, even Alistar.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I play it because he's my best/favorite champ and my Leona/Blitz/Alistar are no good. Also I'd say his level 1 kill potential is a lot stronger than those three. Alistar needs to be at least level 2 to get his combo, Voli can just fling and **** people over. He's also very tough to beat early on thanks to his passive.

I was just googling around and seeing threads about it, it seems to be an idea that's tossed around a lot but (like most things) isn't considered viable for high ELO games, so I dunno. Just saying what I've been trying lately with some success at my silly low ELO. I think I'm like 1300 now.

Asdiouh do you not follow this thread at all? Me and mogwai had a huge discussion on my lvl 1 roaming taric....
Sounds familiar! Taric's definitely one of those champs that would be a really strong ganker at level 1. I would imagine we don't normally see level 1 ganks because most support champs can't do much to secure kills with just one spell.

Every time I go support voli, I make sure to talk to my team during champ select and make sure they know what I intend. If they're too dumb to communicate, I'll definitely play something else because I know it will fail without communication :x

john!

Smash Hero
wtf are all these high elo nauts doing all of a sudden

stay the **** away from my hero

it might just be confirmation bias, but i swear half the time i get a new main, i see all the pros playing that hero two weeks later

let's hope it turns out like singed where everyone just forgets about that hero being OP :awesome:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I just went nid bottom against Ez/leona and destroyed them 2v1 lol was incredibly fun. How do you lose a 2v1 lane lmao. Roaming twitch the best.
Characters with poke + sustain are pretty strong against most range carry + support bottom lanes.

In the early times of ranged ad + support bot the "tank bot with the roamer roaming" strategies were still used, just at the highest level they would falter completely. Considering how many sustain nerfs the meta has had, characters like Cho/Jarvan/etc are likely capable of handling those lanes.

not saying this would work in all ad + supports, Lulu + nearly anyone would take a **** on you.

Player-3

Smash Hero

it might just be confirmation bias, but i swear half the time i get a new main, i see all the pros playing that hero two weeks later

let's hope it turns out like singed where everyone just forgets about that hero being OP :awesome:
Nautilus is full ****** character *** dat guy

:phone:

Kira-

Smash Champion
i still dont understand

why does AP lulu do SO MUCH DAMAGE

with only 2 basic spells? They don't even boast the highest ratios, or base values

like i dont get it, but it is amazingly OP

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
John! just be an Evelynn main like me. Then you'll never have the 'flavor of the month' problem. (Except that one time like 2 years ago when she apparently was too good.)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

People have been into Nautilus (at least Jungling, I don't understand any boners for laning Nautilus) for quite awhile actually.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
i still dont understand

why does AP lulu do SO MUCH DAMAGE

with only 2 basic spells? They don't even boast the highest ratios, or base values

like i dont get it, but it is amazingly OP
Because she can usually get a Q poke in before the fight starts, and that **** hurts. If she whimsys her self, she gets a big AP boost. Q is on a retardedly low cool down at team fight phase.

AP lulu is very good. Shuts down most mid champs entirely, and gets to play AP burst AND support the entire game.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I don't really know what he is. I feel like Corki/Graves do more consistent burst early game because Ez relies on skillshots, but like I said it worked until he got lag.

3 ranked game wins in a row as support bear, wtf is this. All 3 of them I tried to gank top, last time it was janky because I was waiting in top lane when suddenly I see "Riven has reconnected!" so it turns out top lane enemy was late to the game and of course it never lets you know -_-
My friends have been doing Voli Riven bot lane and crushing everything in their path.

Their early game strength is stupid.

I don't know how they do it.

Flips into q's all day.

Top Bottom