• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab Release > Pivot Grab

swordgard

Smash Hero
Its not infinite.

I air break, your ****ed on 3 of the 5 neutrals cause of platforms. There, i stopped your infinite. You cant know how many inputs i did therefore you have to predict for it to be anywhere near infinite. If i ban FD, you have nowhere where its a true infinite. On MKs CP, lol, your doomed, he can go d3 or go RC/any stage which changes. On your pick, with FD banned, your only decent choice is SV so that theres a possibility he wont be on the platform when he air breaks.

Remember that by default MK air break, you need to hit with the mash when he breaks for him to ground release. Learn your stuff.

As said before, for it to be infinite you would require either insane prediction skills, or knowledge you do not possess+very good math calculations+application(in a frame context where each input is -8 frames on the grab time or so if i remember corretly, you need good math to be able to know when hes gonna grab break). Did i mention how your infinite goes slower and slower until it reaches a very slow attack rate? Leaving us thus more chances to escape?

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
We can force a ground break by listening to your inputs, and pummel accordingly. Of course, I would not expect you or anyone else that doesn't main Bowser to know or care that much about it.

No prediction needed, just above average reaction times, which of course can be trained.

Using Dedede is a counterpick and has no effect on the infinite at all so why bother bringing that in?

This works on smashville as well, not to mention Battlefield, and the ease of use of each goes as follows:

Easiest : FD
Medium: SV
Hard: BF

You can place an airbreak to go over platforms, it isn't hard at all.

swordgard

Smash Hero
We can force a ground break by listening to your inputs, and pummel accordingly. Of course, I would not expect you or anyone else that doesn't main Bowser to know or care that much about it.

No prediction needed, just above average reaction times, which of course can be trained.

Using Dedede is a counterpick and has no effect on the infinite at all so why bother bringing that in?

This works on smashville as well, not to mention Battlefield, and the ease of use of each goes as follows:

Easiest : FD
Medium: SV
Hard: BF

You can place an airbreak to go over platforms, it isn't hard at all.

You do realize that if i press not too hard you wont know when to mash? You cant KNOW when im doing it. Simple as that. And as stated, even when i mash, im pretty sure you dont know the exact amount left until i break just by hearing the mash, cause its really approximate.

Also, in neutrals, if MK strikes SV and FD your ****ed, as at your cp your stuck on medium SV.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
since I thought you were talking about this grab which has been discovered only shortly ago, not the other GR, I found it a bit cocky to ask for match videos with "great results".
In that case, yeah, it'd be cocky to say so - But what can I say? I'm a 'Dorf main :lick:

sorry m8

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
You do realize that if i press not too hard you wont know when to mash? You cant KNOW when im doing it. Simple as that. And as stated, even when i mash, im pretty sure you dont know the exact amount left until i break just by hearing the mash, cause its really approximate.

Also, in neutrals, if MK strikes SV and FD your ****ed, as at your cp your stuck on medium SV.
If no noise is being made, a quick glance is possible. We don;t need to know EXACTLY how many inputs are being made, as an approximation with percentages is good enough (I believe it's like one pummel per 20%? something like that).

Also, can you rephrase the the last sentence? For some reason I couldn't understand it.

swordgard

Smash Hero
If no noise is being made, a quick glance is possible. We don;t need to know EXACTLY how many inputs are being made, as an approximation with percentages is good enough (I believe it's like one pummel per 20%? something like that).

Also, can you rephrase the the last sentence? For some reason I couldn't understand it.

Lol @ approximating these. Seriously, in theory i could just hide my controller or keep my fingers very close to pressing and you wouldnt know for shizzles, and cstick=2 inputs=screwup.

On 1st match, stage striking is used.
MK stage strikes SV and FD, your doomed to fight on places where he can air release and escape 1st time.

On cp, your stuck on SV since FD is banned.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Cstick would not screw me up, as I said i'm not counting ever single input you're doing.

As for hiding I'd love to see that.

SV Is not that difficult really, especially since there's only one platform and it moves (not to mention relatively small). I only listed it as medium difficulty to fit it in between FD and BF, lol.

Also: Going to be gone for a bit. like a few hours, probably 1.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
If you're hiding the controller, your hands won't be in the best position for pressing the buttons normally, as you have just been busying holding your control at an awkward angle/hands in a different position.

And there is always, you know, wearing dark sunglasses and just looking out of the corner of your eye so you can't tell if I'm checking what you're doing on your controller or not. If the Bowser player really wants to figure out how to time the mashes, he will. Either that, or you will be putting yourself in a disadvantage in an attempt to hide the controller.

Seriously, NOBODY in a tournament is going to do "Oh noes! He's going to watch me try to break out of his grab, I'd better hid my controller and press the buttons really quietly at an awkward angle so he can't time it right!"

And Bowser can do stuff out of air break against most, if not all of these characters, so you're still screwed. Particularly the ones he can just regrab during air break.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
If you're hiding the controller, your hands won't be in the best position for pressing the buttons normally, as you have just been busying holding your control at an awkward angle/hands in a different position.

And there is always, you know, wearing dark sunglasses and just looking out of the corner of your eye so you can't tell if I'm checking what you're doing on your controller or not. If the Bowser player really wants to figure out how to time the mashes, he will. Either that, or you will be putting yourself in a disadvantage in an attempt to hide the controller.

Seriously, NOBODY in a tournament is going to do "Oh noes! He's going to watch me try to break out of his grab, I'd better hid my controller and press the buttons really quietly at an awkward angle so he can't time it right!"

And Bowser can do stuff out of air break against most, if not all of these characters, so you're still screwed. Particularly the ones he can just regrab during air break.
If I'm in an infinite, I would definately hide my controller.

Regardless, I heard somewhere that if you use the right rythemn to your pummels, you can always force a ground break because of how the game incraments the buttion presses, can anyone confirm. The tech data for grab breaks is around here somewhere, but I didn't to find it and do some calculations to double check.

B!squick

Smash Master
*watches vid of it in action*

****, I wish my pivot grabs looked like that. I always move back too far to regrab. How do you pivot grab again?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
when you grab someone and release them, and instead of being airborne, they release right in front of Bowser.

I suggest the Bowser boards stay home all day honing our reflexes to master this then proceed to go to tournaments and **** with this.
Fugetaboutit, me + CG and GR= HURT for ME!

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Umm...

You don't have to know when they are gonna break, you just need to have great reaction time. React properly.. If they break while you are pummeling, do the grounded one, if they break into the air just do the regular regrab... Difficult, but not impossible.

B!squick

Smash Master
We have the words "MK inf" in the title, how can it NOT get attention?

But again, what's the proper way to pivot grab, I can't do it right. :(

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
So wait, can't you jump break Bowser's slow pummel even without being naturally prone to jump breaks vs. him by mashing up/X/Y or something? Or is this truly infinite if done properly and can be reliably performed to give Bowser true 0-Deaths?

MrEh

Smash Hero
So wait, can't you jump break Bowser's slow pummel even without being naturally prone to jump breaks vs. him by mashing up/X/Y or something? Or is this truly infinite if done properly and can be reliably performed to give Bowser true 0-Deaths?
Depends on the character.

Any character that can be grabbed out of a jump release is fair game for this infinite. (even though I don't think this is viable to begin with lol)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

Any character that can be grabbed out of a jump release is fair game for this infinite. (even though I don't think this is viable to begin with lol)
Ah, so a character like Lucario who launches into orbit upon getting air released is probably safe then for the most part? Thanks.

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, didn't you also play against a DeDeDe on Green Hill Zone? :X

Bowser can pummel pretty fast. For some reason I find it's faster if you hold L and mash A. x_x

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord

with the exception of dk, I <3 his ground break

also, why is wario on the list? I'm pretty sure we can air release infinite him into a grab release fsmash anyway

B!squick

Smash Master
I'll wait for a bit more info on this before adding it to my guide. Also, I plan on recoining the Klaw Hop thee Klaw Cancelled Jump (or Hop) and the Klaw Drop the Klaw Cancelled Drop as well as go into some more things you can do with a Klaw Cancel. Like a Jab or an FTilt.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Oh yuck this works on Peach? X_x

So basically, if the Bowser player does it correctly...Bowser could grab and pivot regrab Peach until he wanted to release her and hit her with an F Tilt/Fair? There's no way she could force herself to jump break even if she mashed the correct buttons at the correct time provided Bowser performs the pummels and grabs correctly as well?

swordgard

Smash Hero
If I'm in an infinite, I would definately hide my controller.

Regardless, I heard somewhere that if you use the right rythemn to your pummels, you can always force a ground break because of how the game incraments the buttion presses, can anyone confirm. The tech data for grab breaks is around here somewhere, but I didn't to find it and do some calculations to double check.

Uh? Can you explain to me how it would make it more infinite because you need to break out? Cause the way i see it, you can just wait for the opponent to mash once, and if you time it right youl break out after with enough input. Approximation is not an option because its depending solely on the opponent once the mash is done.

Say bowser is here, grabs mash, i wait a bit, mash hard but only once or twice, he mashes again, then i time to get out after. I dont see why i cant do that.

And marth vs lucas is because marth has way less lag between 2 hits, try air grab release of fox grab for example. Super hard.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Uh? Can you explain to me how it would make it more infinite because you need to break out? Cause the way i see it, you can just wait for the opponent to mash once, and if you time it right youl break out after with enough input. Approximation is not an option because its depending solely on the opponent once the mash is done.

Say bowser is here, grabs mash, i wait a bit, mash hard but only once or twice, he mashes again, then i time to get out after. I dont see why i cant do that.

And marth vs lucas is because marth has way less lag between 2 hits, try air grab release of fox grab for example. Super hard.
Even if you get a air release you will still get a huge painful beating.

Also, going by your logic, we Can do the reverse and wait for your pummeling.
Realistically though, neither of those things would be a gerunteed way to avoid or pull off the pivot grab. Also, I'm pretty sure I heard anukou one mention how even with the opponents button hitting it isn't guaranteed that you will be able to escape (I'm pretty sure she said that...).

Finally, we pretty much only need to pull the pivot once. if we can chaingrab you from, say, the middle of FD to the end and back it would be enough to kill of most chars and if not it would still rack a huge amount of damage.

In the case that that one time becomes air break we can always use a offstage fair which can kill at higher percent (middle for certain chars) and or put you in a bad position depending on the char.

Infinite or not it's still fairly useful.

-:bowser:Bowser King

swordgard

Smash Hero
Even if you get a air release you will still get a huge painful beating.

Also, going by your logic, we Can do the reverse and wait for your pummeling.
Realistically though, neither of those things would be a gerunteed way to avoid or pull off the pivot grab. Also, I'm pretty sure I heard anukou one mention how even with the opponents button hitting it isn't guaranteed that you will be able to escape (I'm pretty sure she said that...).

Finally, we pretty much only need to pull the pivot once. if we can chaingrab you from, say, the middle of FD to the end and back it would be enough to kill of most chars and if not it would still rack a huge amount of damage.

In the case that that one time becomes air break we can always use a offstage fair which can kill at higher percent (middle for certain chars) and or put you in a bad position depending on the char.

Infinite or not it's still fairly useful.

-:bowser:Bowser King

But you see, i know when YOU are pumelling. If i hide my controller, you wont see when IM pummeling.

I therefore have the advantage while you can only predict.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
But you see, i know when YOU are pumelling. If i hide my controller, you wont see when IM pummeling.

I therefore have the advantage while you can only predict.
You're not going to hide your controller. That's stupid and inefficient. Besides, no matter how well you hide it, you won't muffle the CHKCHKCHKCHK your controller makes as you mash away.

Top Bottom