• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Melee into Evo 2013! (FOR REALS... maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Keep it up guys... clowsui brought up a good point, a lot of the people in the FGCs are 24+ years old and still at work this afternoon, so the other games could have a stronger evening of voting.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Just FYI: If the smash community really wants to get in Evo's eyes they HAVE to make a splash at NEC this year to show that the smash community is willing to mix with the FGC, because as it stands all this poll shows is that lot's of people like to talk about and watch melee. It'll mean nothing if there's an actual FGC tournament with smash and no one shows up to it.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
OMG **** YES

But remember guys the battle is not over. We need to wreck the competition. WRECK IT

you know its times like this where i love social media. Years ago there'd be nothing we could do. Now we have a legitimate shot at EVO....just VOTE!!

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Yes!! I voted and told all my friends on facebook to post it and tell their friends to vote for melee even if they dont know what it is lol. I suggest everyone do the same on facebook.

Pengie

Smash Lord
gonna go ahead and repost this because I think it's kinda important

Just FYI: If the smash community really wants to get in Evo's eyes they HAVE to make a splash at NEC this year to show that the smash community is willing to mix with the FGC, because as it stands all this poll shows is that lots of people like to talk about and watch melee. It'll mean nothing if there's an actual FGC tournament with smash and no one shows up to it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
EVO always uses the most recent version of games right?

PAL melee? :troll:

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
very true, we need to socialize and become a part of the FGC in general to get thier attention and show that we're amazing as it is and our contribution will only help FG's in the long run. I'm pretty sure it'll get thier attention seeing as how old this game is.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Dont forget to go to character boards and tell people to vote, i know people who dont check the gen melee discussion and wouldn't know about this if it wasn't in the character boards

:phone:

V-K

Smash Ace
Well Melee is 1st for now but that doen't mean it stays like that. The Street Fighter community might as well hype this up and vote their game to heaven.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anyone is linking randoms. A few friends of mine have voted, but it's not like they have no idea what it is, they're friends of mine that play the game and watch streams and stuff. I'd bet that extremely few votes are people who don't play the game.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Not to put a damper on anything, but does kof, sf4, or mvc3 players really care about the voting? Aren't they guaranteed to be in anyway? But what means is we need to keep dominating so we show we care more then any of the other not guaranteed communities

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom