• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Melee into Evo 2013! (FOR REALS... maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Speaking of which, why don't hype up NEC? Put that up there in the "Upcoming Tourney" column? We need that sort of exposure, guys. The good kind. Pengie's right; the FGC isn't going to take us seriously at all if we don't make some kinda presence known among them.
This. A solid showing at NEC would really help our case for getting Smash into Evo. We need to make NEC huge!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
seems to me like we kinda boosted our numbers out of desperation and hoping we would get in, whil the other FG communities just take it for granted. I wouldn't be surprised if we woke up tomorrow and SF4 has like 5000+ votes after they see us flooding the poll lol

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
seems to me like we kinda boosted our numbers out of desperation and hoping we would get in, whil the other FG communities just take it for granted. I wouldn't be surprised if we woke up tomorrow and SF4 has like 5000+ votes after they see us flooding the poll lol
I don't think of it as desperation, I think of it as desire. No need to be so negative. Striving for something doesn't have to mean you're desperate for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the FGC flooded it either, which is all the more reason to keep pushing. We want to make a clear, noticeable impact, so that even if we do get overtaken, it'll be clear that we aren't some dead and dying wasteland, but a thriving community who will make themselves known if presented the opportunity.

Keep pushing, people. Let's make this lead insurmountable. Text your friends that play, link them vids, get everyone excited.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
it scares me that we are winning by over 300 now. either someone is scripting and trying to make it seem like we're cheating, or like someone else said, KOFXIII, UMVC3, SF4 are all guaranteed anyway so it doesn't matter to vote for them

ThePrime

Smash Lord
it scares me that we are winning by over 300 now. either someone is scripting and trying to make it seem like we're cheating, or like someone else said, KOFXIII, UMVC3, SF4 are all guaranteed anyway so it doesn't matter to vote for them
have some optimism lmao jeez get outta here

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
because concern that they might think we are cheating because we are winning by a lot is totally fine to disregard

Revven

FrankerZ
UMVC3 & SFIVAE are, 100000000% guaranteed. It's pointless to vote for them as they're the main games thriving in the FGC right now with all the famous top players playing them, both filled to the brim with super competitive players.

I suppose I could throw in KoFXIII as a guaranteed one too given its apparent love from stream monsters & top players alike.

Everything below those two-three have a high chance of appearing but if something like Melee really makes a good showing at NEC & keeps up the #1 spot on this poll, it's likely Melee can come back to Evo.

Ariyo

Smash Apprentice
And Project M too! Melee and P:m together would be great, but one might be a side game...

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Regardless if SF4 or UMVC3 are guaranteed, who the **** ever expected Melee to top them in the polls anyway?? I doubt anyone at EVO saw this coming and I must say this is the one of the coolest things I've ever seen the Melee community come together for.

Life

Smash Hero
because concern that they might think we are cheating because we are winning by a lot is totally fine to disregard
Because there's totally no way to tell if poll results are faked ever.

And frankly, if EVO says "melee won, they must have cheated", what makes you think they'd pick melee up with ANY result? Morton's Fork, man.

Skimmed SRK by the way, didn't see any threads about the poll.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
this thread is bumpin

here's to hoping people who weren't going to vote for melee changed their minds when they see it at the top of the poll :awesome:

outofphase

Smash Apprentice
we need this as a community. i definitely appreciate brawl players showing some support, but i agree we will need separation from them to ever be respected in the fgc. not that i really care though, i like melee being its own thing with its own community

strawhats

Smash Master
Melee ALL DAY E'ERYDAY! I just voted andl iked the page and hope that this become reality, if not (FGC will see that Melee is still badass as ever)

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
I really hope they just recognize us, or else this effort by the entire community would be fruitless
I don't think it'd be fruitless. It's about the message we send. If even one person is inspired to take a closer look at Melee as a result of all this, or to hold the Melee community in a higher regard, that's an accomplishment.

Related: We now have a 400+ vote lead over KoF and are close to breaking 2500. Keep the hype train rolling, every little bit counts. There are plenty of people that would vote if they'd heard about it that just haven't yet, I'm certain of it.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
In first place by over 400 votes, can't slow down now. Keep spreading the word! MDZ uploaded a video on MeleePacWest, other channel owners might want to follow suit if they haven't already to keep the hype going. Tell all your friends, even if you have no friends!

Boat Mode

Smash Journeyman
Feeling so ****ing inspired right now.

Havent checked the comments but someone should be linking hype melee vids to the evo page.

#Meleeisforever

:phone:

Dr. R.O.Botnik

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Brawl player here. I'd just like to thank you for only submitting this to the Melee forum and not letting us know, even though it's relevant to everyone. It's not like we wanted to know about this gigantic opportunity or anything.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Even if the Street Fighter community or some other top fighting game community gets a surge of votes to pass us the main thing is we're getting recognized for our numbers and we're beating our actual competition (games not guaranteed to be at evo) by 1,100+ votes.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Hey, Brawl player here. I'd just like to thank you for only submitting this to the Melee forum and not letting us know, even though it's relevant to everyone. It's not like we wanted to know about this gigantic opportunity or anything.
Go make a thread.

EDIT:

Well, looks like you already did. There you go, problem solved.

Anyhow. Think they'll need a Melee commentator? :D

Violence

Smash Lord
Robbles commentating EVO would be sick.

To be quite honest, I didn't personally want to see Brawl at EVO, so I didn't vote for it, nor did I post it in the Brawl forum, but it did put it up on the Smash subreddit for both Brawl and Melee players.

Revven

FrankerZ
More than likely if Melee gets confirmed. I'm pretty sure they try to get commentators from the communities of the games rather than having two commentators that commentate every game and... don't exactly know everything about every game. If I recall, UltraDavid & James Chen only commentated UMVC3, SFIVAE, and SFxT this past year (maybe one of them switched out during SFxT I forget). Where the other games were commentated by players that were well known in a certain game's community as good commentators.

So yeah, Melee would need at least its own commentators I think. You'd def. have a shot for it, Wobbles.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I personally wouldn't mind seeing melee or brawl at EVO. I play both, but I'm more into Brawl over Melee. I think maybe that was that Dr. Robotnik dude was trying to say. That or he's just trolling.

I voted :)

:phone:

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Maybe we figured since some brawl players came through here they already made a thread. Sorry we were too lazy to check the brawl boards and make sure for you guys, kinda like how you guys were too lazy to come check the melee boards or make a thread of your own.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Please, continue prove that this wasn't done in spite by posting a spiteful comment bashing the game.
There is no need to be passive aggressive. Smashboards' official Facebook page put the link out for everyone to see, and all the MELEE youtube channels that uploaded videos linking to the poll encouraged people to vote for Brawl as well, if they so desired. Grow up.

edit: Now let's try and not let the brawl trolls derail this and ruin it for everyone

Revven

FrankerZ
Nobody posted it in the Brawl subforum because you'd think the community could be a little more mature and not care what part of the forum it's on. Or be a little more mature and actually surf other parts of the forum. Or that it was already taken of on its own, since you know, this is a pretty big deal.

People within this thread have been spreading it around smashboards period. Go look in character discussion boards and such, you'd probably find that some Brawl players have made it aware to others.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom