• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Melee into Evo 2013! (FOR REALS... maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Not to put a damper on anything, but does kof, sf4, or mvc3 players really care about the voting? Aren't they guaranteed to be in anyway? But what means is we need to keep dominating so we show we care more then any of the other not guaranteed communities

:phone:
It's not the real point, the real point is that we are being recognized

Vkrm

Smash Lord
We literally can not make a good impression as long as brawls a part of the situation. People WANT to believe smash is 1 dimensional, when they see brawl, they turn they're back on it thinking that it's a lame party game, and they'll be right in a sense as long as it's brawl.

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
Spread this to every relevant subreddit and the likes. Say what you will about reddit, but it's great for stuff like this

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Super Smash Bros. Melee 2079
The King of Fighters XIII 1935
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 1758
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 1683
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 1386
Persona 4 Arena 1266
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R 1241
Dead or Alive 5 730
Mortal Kombat 9 672
Divekick 648
Soul Calibur V 646
Injustice: Gods Among Us 635
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 630
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma 516
Street Fighter X Tekken 457
VIRTUAL FIGHTER 5 FINAL SHOWDOWN 416
Skullgirls 338
Capcom vs SNK 2 337
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike 324
Super Street Fighter II Turbo 315
Darkstalkers 3 (Vampire Savior) 262
MLP: Fighting is Magic 260
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code 199
Why is Cross Tekken here? 177
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 172
Pokémon Black 2 149
Marvel vs Capcom 2 128
Shaq Fu 122
Killer Instinct 119
Arcana Heart 3 118
Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring 108
Catherine #Kappa 102

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
It's not the real point, the real point is that we are being recognized
What i mean is we need to keep getting votes to show we care, to show we are still alive and very active, and to show we shouldn't be ignored

ZelDan

Smash Master
We literally can not make a good impression as long as brawls a part of the situation. People WANT to believe smash is 1 dimensional, when they see brawl, they turn they're back on it thinking that it's a lame party game, and they'll be right in a sense as long as it's brawl.

Is it just me or are 99% of your posts always about brawl? Keep this about Melee.

Life

Smash Hero
The Brawl community has been getting in this. Out of the 600-odd votes Brawl has, how many of those people do you think also voted Melee? I know I did.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Voted both Melee and Brawl, anything to support the community. I'm rather surprised that Melee has the most votes so far though, I would have thought it'd be behind UMVC3 and certainly Street Fighter 4. lol

Also why is Shaq Fu on that list?

ZelDan

Smash Master
Voted both Melee and Brawl, anything to support the community. I'm rather surprised that Melee has the most votes so far though, I would have thought it'd be behind UMVC3 and certainly Street Fighter 4. lol

Also why is Shaq Fu on that list?
For sh*t's and giggles?

Pengie

Smash Lord
Just to emphasize this: the poll isn't a competition, the winner doesn't automatically get in evo. It's to gauge interest in games, and while having a ton of votes certainly shows interest at the end of the day it's all talk if no one is gonna show up. Make sure to spread awareness about NEC so that FGC TOs take note that smash is a worthwhile game to have at their tournaments. Just as a side note, the TO for Final Round was wondering if he should have Smash at Final Round this year and if Smash has a poor showing at NEC then that definitely isn't happening and getting into FR is almost as big as getting into evo so make sure the online hype carries into tournaments and make NEC a big showing for smash!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Wow, this exploded.

Reasons they would put melee in:

--A huge, international, and passionate competitive community, as demonstrated by this poll

--A gigantic casual community that would love to see it as well

Reasons they wouldn't:

Not allowed to stream it? (That SUCKS if it's true, why nintendo?)

No sponsors

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
Votes should come from people who legitimately want Melee at EVO. They should be by people actively either part of or interested in the community.

That said, we shouldn't stoop to picking only Melee if we have an genuine interest in other games. It should only take a large number of votes in order to be noticed. The vote isn't absolute on what happens, so we shouldn't just disregard other games we might also want to see just because we want Melee as well.

It's already shown that Melee has a large enough community, it shouldn't exaggerate the number with votes from people not part of it, nor should people try and disregard supporting other communities just because they're a different group.

Get people to vote for Melee, but don't encourage them to stop voting for other games. They should be supportive of all the games they like without disrespect.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
We're up by ~200 votes as of right now.

Keep getting anyone that loves this game to vote. And say something in the side margins. Try to make it a sentence or two--just saying "Melee forever!" is great, but I think what can be especially helpful is a meaningful sentence of two about how pumped you'd be to go or watch the stream, how you still play as does the world, etc.

ZelDan

Smash Master
People should just vote for whatever game they want (yes, even Brawl).

I don't see Melee's lead dying down as long as people keep up the support anyways.

abcool

Smash Ace
The last Melee they had at EVO had a big turn out IIRC. I would love to see Melee at EVO again. Might even push more smashers to wanna travel for it and the game will get more exposure. I will tell my community to vote aswell.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The last Melee they had at EVO had a big turn out IIRC. I would love to see Melee at EVO again. Might even push more smashers to wanna travel for it and the game will get more exposure. I will tell my community to vote aswell.
Would love to see Daisey again. :D

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Daisey has been inactive for awhile, but ShounenKel is still active though and trying to get her back into the scene.
That'd be awesome. As a matter of fact, it'd be beyond AMAZING if the Smashers that were in attendance at TGMTSBCO (or "Tobasco") made it to EVO. Assuming, of course, it's going to be in the line-up...

Speaking of which, why don't we hype up NEC? Put that up there in the "Upcoming Tourney" column? We need that sort of exposure, guys. The good kind. Pengie's right; the FGC isn't going to take us seriously at all if we don't make some kinda presence known among them.

Smooth Criminal

ThePrime

Smash Lord
lmao this exploded in the last couple of hours

whether you play brawl, p:m or whatever you should vote for melee for the sake of the community !

:cool:

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****, 80 people in thread, 2.3k votes, melee in first place? Christmas already?

Psychoace

Smash Champion
So I guess brawl players from the past have either since left or forgotten how they ran brawl at evo in 08?

It'd be cool if melee did get in and perhaps some people bring project m along.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
IIRC Ken said once said something about the only way he'd come back is if evo picked up smash again.

or he might have said mlg, not evo
:troll:

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
The steam is dying down, don't let that happen, push 'er higher and higher, get in touch with everyone that plays this game that hasn't voted or heard about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom