• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'll team with NinjaLink... if he's really interested in teaming with me.

Ninjalink should come to my Smashfest and play some. Anyone have Ninjalink's number? He could even stay at my place if he needs to lol.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Meta Knight won't be banned lol.

Brawl won't die anytime soon unless something radical changes (such as having MK banned).

I completely agree with Umby.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
force dropping items is a step in the right direction for brawl

because i dont wanna play brawl and i do NOT want to go to MLG Atlanta for brawl :mad088:

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Nah, even though that was a huge tournament in melee's part, i don't think the actual community got that much bigger.
yeah it did. we've had exponential growth since brawl came out.
your argument isn't even that good. brawl's attendance was "skyrocketing" the first year and some of the second year.
now it's fairly slow.

if anything it brings in more people than melee but not by a large margin.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
@tommy: Great matches on wifi. we should play more later, i got off because im hungry.

Does anyone want to team for final round?

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
@Henry - It's going for forever!

Also.... if WABA is planning to have a tournament on the 20th they need to announce it officially. And if that is truly going to be their last then we need to hype it up again. Hopefully people can go to it with it being so soon after the last one.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
yea and dogy ssf4 is faster paced the brawl. **** ive seen people time out 8 minute clock with only 1 stock gone each :tired:
I love how you straight up misread what I said and tried to call me on something like that.

I clealry said SF4. As in NOT SUPER.

And you say all this like melee is the fastest game ever or something.

Average GAME in melee is 3½ minutes.
Average SET in any other fighter is about 2 minutes.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
I love how you straight up misread what I said and tried to call me on something like that.

I clealry said SF4. As in NOT SUPER.

And you say all this like melee is the fastest game ever or something.

Average GAME in melee is 3½ minutes.
Average SET in any other fighter is about 2 minutes.

oh my bad i didnt know the diff between ssf4 and sf4. no harm intended

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Hey you guys Auburn University is back at it again with another tournament. This time we are planning on having double the entrants and double the fun. So I only have one question... ARE YOU READY

If yes please proceed to the thread Here

If the answer is no the GO HOME

hope to see you guys there and if you need anymore info please don't hesitate to contact me official co-host of AUSOM

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Waba WILL be holding a Brawl/Melee Tounament on the 20th!

Waba's Smashfest!
Saturday : March 20th : Noon to Midnight
Registration starts @ Noon
Tournament Starts @ 2pm Sharp!
Teams followed by Singles

$10 door fee
$5 w/ full set up = Wii, Brawl/Melee, and TV (20inch or bigger)
FREE hotdogs and drinks (will get tickets to redeem for food with paid door fee)
FREE Giveaways throughout the tournament!

*I would like to know what people would think if we lowered the pot fee for Waba's Smashfest on the 20th. I'm thinking more people would be able to enter the tournaments if we could make the pot fees $2 or $3, especially with all the tournaments going on this month. More for fun and still be enough money for winners. I'm trying to squeeze out as many tournaments for the smash community at Waba. I truly don't know if we can do another one at this location. I'll make a thread this weekend with the official final details. I'll check smashboards as often as I can to hear suggestions. Please help hype this up and make it even more successful than the last! Thanks for all your support.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Waba's Smashfest!

$10 door fee
FREE hotdogs and drinks (will get tickets to redeem for food with paid door fee)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
^ I might not be able to make this. March is destroying my wallet. I really wish this waba tournament could be held in the future. April maybe.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Waba's Smashfest!

$10 door fee
Curse me having a 32inch and afraid to take it anyplace.
Anyways 20th = day oldman leaves back to El Paso, and whether or not I go with him. Prolly won't, but will there be any more fests after this one? Seeing how I coulda sworn waba just had a recent one which was the last.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
last time i brought a full setup (i had the biggest of the melee tv's) which was used an f-ton during the tournament... but at the door i was told that i had to have a wii with brawl to get the discount. when i came in i saw like i duuno 12 brawl setups and 4 or 5 melee ones.
that was f#@king gay as hell

We should have enough entrants to validate top 5 payout.
That's why we need more set ups (Mostly Wii's and Brawl/Melee games)!

Full set ups will get you $5 off the door fee.
Full Set Up=Wii, Brawl/Melee game, and TV (20inch or bigger)

it was also borderline false advertisement

Rayku

Smash Lord
Someone asked if they could bring a gamecube with Melee as a full setup, and Min (the owner dude) specifically said "No. We have more than enough gamecubes to go around."

The exact requirements are a

-20 inch TV or bigger
-Wii
-Melee/Brawl game to put in said Wii

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
Someone asked if they could bring a gamecube with Melee as a full setup, and Min (the owner dude) specifically said "No. We have more than enough gamecubes to go around."

The exact requirements are a

-20 inch TV or bigger
-Wii
-Melee/Brawl game to put in said Wii
yea thats why i said borderline

i dunno it was just gay to lug that huge tv (and use its gamecube for the tournament too) for almost nothing. at least it was put to use

shanus

Smash Hero
imo we probably should NOT unveil Project M yet because of all the bugs and stuff.

add that with people's illogical tendency to think that beta test for some reason means something vaguely like "testing out a finished product before the general populace", stuff like Falco's shine not doing hitstun (because someone accidentally changed hit type flags), wavedashes aren't similar to Melee, L-cancels have different timing, some people have physic changes, some don't, Diddy Kong's wavedash freezes the game, etc.

You see where I'm going with this: lots of people are gonna have a bad taste left in their mouth if they play it in its current state.

Imo just play Brawl+ and break Jigglypuff or something. B+ is actually a lot more sound now, except it's still not quite the game for people who don't like Jiggs or MK. But that's a moot point. Still has better character balance than Barlw. Now engine mechanics...

I gave up on Smash having good game mechanics a long time ago. **** this series.
QFT, at least diddy is fixed in the latest build ;-)

Few things to note for those who have played it.

P:M largely feels different than melee right now for two major reasons:

- Landing detection is different. Basically in melee Ganon would register as landing around his knees during dair. In Brawl, its slightly below his feet. So you have to L-cancel significantly earlier and its a bit foreign, especially to melee vets. Nonetheless, Phantom Wings has volunteered to help us out after he finishes the clone engine, so this should be a non-issue in the future
-Soft press L+R: Currently brawl does not register soft presses, making l-cancels even more awkward to time. We will have a code soon to allow soft presses AND in the near future, light shielding :)

Regardless, long ways to go still.

Edit: Name search Project M = win

Saltix

Smash Lord
im sore about them dropping up melee and picking up brawl. but that stuff i put up there is unbiased (cut/paste). i just highlighted issues thats all
QFT, at least diddy is fixed in the latest build ;-)

Few things to note for those who have played it.

P:M largely feels different than melee right now for two major reasons:

- Landing detection is different. Basically in melee Ganon would register as landing around his knees during dair. In Brawl, its slightly below his feet. So you have to L-cancel significantly earlier and its a bit foreign, especially to melee vets. Nonetheless, Phantom Wings has volunteered to help us out after he finishes the clone engine, so this should be a non-issue in the future
-Soft press L+R: Currently brawl does not register soft presses, making l-cancels even more awkward to time. We will have a code soon to allow soft presses AND in the near future, light shielding :)

Regardless, long ways to go still.

Edit: Name search Project M = win
get outta hereee

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Waba's Smashfest!

$10 door fee

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rayku

Smash Lord
I actually like shanus, he can stay.

Yes, I rule the Waba thread. My evil is law.

Now, you fools must return to the past, and undo the future that is Rayku

Top Bottom