• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Umby

Smash Master
FR XIII Brawl Results:

1: Kismet
2: Biglou
3: Ninjalink
4: Alby
5: Turtl
5: Dynomite
7: BoT
7: Nice1
9: Bigman40
9: umby
9: Micaelis
9: Thriller Man
13: Lyte
13: Roxy
13: Cloud9Zerox

Waba

Smash Apprentice
why do we have to bring a wii for melee
Waba has about 10 gamecubes and only a few wii systems. You don't have to bring a wii for melee, but you won't get a discount for bringing a gamecube we don't need. Like I said in the previous post, we are trying to give people an incentive to bring what we lack. I'm not saying NOT to bring gamecubes or smaller TVs, because more set ups the better, but we aren't going to discount for what we don't need.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I understand people's concern with money. So this is what I would like to do. NO POT FEE for the tournaments! Instead, I will pay out from the door fee. 20% of the entire door fee goes to the winners of the singles tournaments. I know it's NOT as much money as if everybody donated the normal $5/$10 to the pot fee, but it allows everybody who comes to enter without further risk. Just enjoy the tournament and see how you rank in both Melee and Brawl without risk of losing anything. For teams, I am offering FREE custom F*** Melee/Brawl T-shirts for the top teams in Melee and Brawl. Idk how you guys will react to this idea, but hopefully it will help some of you to be able to attend and enter the tournaments. I'm just trying to have a FUN and successful tournament with as many smash bros fans at this tournament. It's a Smashfest after all!

10% of door fee goes to the top 4 Brawl singles winners.
10% of door fee goes to the top 4 Melee singles winners.
Top team of the Melee Teams tournament recieves F*** Brawl T-Shirts.
Top team of the Brawl Teams tournament recieves F*** Melee T-Shirts.

Waba's Smashfest!
Saturday : March 20th : Noon to Midnight
Registration starts @ Noon
Tournament Starts @ 2pm Sharp!
Teams followed by Singles

$10 door fee
$5 w/ full set up = Wii, Brawl/Melee, and TV (20inch or bigger)

FREE FOOD! hotdogs and drinks (will get tickets to redeem for food with paid door fee)
FREE Giveaways throughout the tournament!
FREE Pot Fee...20% of the door fee goes to the tournament Winners!
NO JOHNS!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268716

This is so Generous it's just sad. wtf we gotta get mad heads up here. I was brawling w/ flea all this weekend he went to FR13 but didn't bring me >.> lol anyway we were w/ around 7 other brawlers. I'll try to get some other people to come too. Lets hype this **** up

Waba

Smash Apprentice
I understand people's concern with money. So this is what I would like to do. NO POT FEE for the tournaments! Instead, I will pay out from the door fee. 20% of the entire door fee goes to the winners of the singles tournaments. I know it's NOT as much money as if everybody donated the normal $5/$10 to the pot fee, but it allows everybody who comes to enter without further risk. Just enjoy the tournament and see how you rank in both Melee and Brawl without risk of losing anything. For teams, I am offering FREE custom F*** Melee/Brawl T-shirts for the top teams in Melee and Brawl. Idk how you guys will react to this idea, but hopefully it will help some of you to be able to attend and enter the tournaments. I'm just trying to have a FUN and successful tournament with as many smash bros fans at this tournament. It's a Smashfest after all!

10% of door fee goes to the top 4 Brawl singles winners.
10% of door fee goes to the top 4 Melee singles winners.
Top team of the Melee Teams tournament recieves F*** Brawl T-Shirts.
Top team of the Brawl Teams tournament recieves F*** Melee T-Shirts.

Waba's Smashfest!
Saturday : March 20th : Noon to Midnight
Registration starts @ Noon
Tournament Starts @ 2pm Sharp!
Teams followed by Singles

$10 door fee
$5 w/ full set up = Wii, Brawl/Melee, and TV (20inch or bigger)

FREE FOOD! hotdogs and drinks (will get tickets to redeem for food with paid door fee)
FREE Giveaways throughout the tournament!
FREE Pot Fee...20% of the door fee goes to the tournament Winners!
NO JOHNS!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268716

What if I brought in a Projector+Wii+Brawl? Would that get me a discount?

Again, will a projector+Wii get me a discount?
Yiff, thank you for the offer, but we don't have anywhere to project it except on the big 200inch screen which we already have a HD projector for. We could use your wii+brawl on another TV and that would be greatly appreciatied. If you have a 20+inch TV you can bring, the discount would be given. Hope to see ya there dude.

HYPE THIS!http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268716

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Miles, I'm going to try and come smash with you and Flea in the next week or so. I'll try to give you a heads up on when for sure.

ayo goood ****! lol

Weve been playing smash this whole weekend son. but he left off to FR13 w/o me lol. but yeah i told trips to come through on Fri. We usually get **** poppin on friday. So I guess every friday we chill @ fleas house? idk but that sounds like it'd be the best time

VietGeek

Smash Hero
jamaal that's more of a design flaw than a feature for ppl who play melee competitively exclusively. :<

also yeah i saw those stack of gcns right next to the stack of ps2s.

what happened to the ps3's? did you sell them all? is that information classified? <_<

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
Waba has about 10 gamecubes and only a few wii systems. You don't have to bring a wii for melee, but you won't get a discount for bringing a gamecube we don't need. Like I said in the previous post, we are trying to give people an incentive to bring what we lack. I'm not saying NOT to bring gamecubes or smaller TVs, because more set ups the better, but we aren't going to discount for what we don't need.
ah i see. you should give half or something off for the tv if you have spare gamecubes then. i personally have a 20+ inch tv, but i wont bring my wii because i will not be able to keep track of it if its used over at the brawl area. there are surely others that have a similar situation

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Hey, introduction here, my name is Joey Karcher, I go to school right now at GCSU, and the rest of the year im in Savannah.

I have been wanted to get more in depth into the smash community for a long time now, and now that I'm finally in college and got a little more freedom, it seems like a good time to jump into the scene. Ive been to an occasional tournament and have always placed 3, but again, i havn't been to to many so thats not really much to brag about.

I talked to Frozenhobo, and this is one of the threads he directed me to introduce myself to GA.

The end of this week is the start of my spring break, and i was gonna go on a retreat of sorts but if i could snag a ride I would consider possibly going Waba, especially so I could meet some of you GA guys. But if rides are full and stuff its all cool.

Id also would like to go to Herb3 and get a ride for that to if possible but if again rides are full its alright.

I also plan on going to MLG Orlando. If anyone's going to that that would be cool to, though i plan on going to that with a ride or not haha. Its just to big a deal to pass up on.

So yeah. HI!

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Hey, introduction here, my name is Joey Karcher, I go to school right now at GCSU, and the rest of the year im in Savannah.

I have been wanted to get more in depth into the smash community for a long time now, and now that I'm finally in college and got a little more freedom, it seems like a good time to jump into the scene. Ive been to an occasional tournament and have always placed 3, but again, i havn't been to to many so thats not really much to brag about.

I talked to Frozenhobo, and this is one of the threads he directed me to introduce myself to GA.

The end of this week is the start of my spring break, and i was gonna go on a retreat of sorts but if i could snag a ride I would consider possibly going Waba, especially so I could meet some of you GA guys. But if rides are full and stuff its all cool.

Id also would like to go to Herb3 and get a ride for that to if possible but if again rides are full its alright.

I also plan on going to MLG Orlando. If anyone's going to that that would be cool to, though i plan on going to that with a ride or not haha. Its just to big a deal to pass up on.

So yeah. HI!

Hey sop, I'm Milesg2g nice to meet you men

Top Bottom