• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Waba WILL be holding a Brawl/Melee Tounament on the 20th!

Waba's Smashfest!
Saturday : March 20th : Noon to Midnight
Registration starts @ Noon
Tournament Starts @ 2pm Sharp!
Teams followed by Singles

$10 door fee
$5 w/ full set up = Wii, Brawl/Melee, and TV (20inch or bigger)
FREE hotdogs and drinks (will get tickets to redeem for food with paid door fee)
FREE Giveaways throughout the tournament!

*I would like to know what people would think if we lowered the pot fee for Waba's Smashfest on the 20th. I'm thinking more people would be able to enter the tournaments if we could make the pot fees $2 or $3, especially with all the tournaments going on this month. More for fun and still be enough money for winners. I'm trying to squeeze out as many tournaments for the smash community at Waba. I truly don't know if we can do another one at this location. I'll make a thread this weekend with the official final details. I'll check smashboards as often as I can to hear suggestions. Please help hype this up and make it even more successful than the last! Thanks for all your support.
I understand people's concern with money. So this is what I would like to do. NO POT FEE for the tournaments! Instead, I will pay out from the door fee. 20% of the entire door fee goes to the winners of the singles tournaments. I know it's NOT as much money as if everybody donated the normal $5/$10 to the pot fee, but it allows everybody who comes to enter without further risk. Just enjoy the tournament and see how you rank in both Melee and Brawl without risk of losing anything. For teams, I am offering FREE custom F*** Melee/Brawl T-shirts for the top teams in Melee and Brawl. Idk how you guys will react to this idea, but hopefully it will help some of you to be able to attend and enter the tournaments. I'm just trying to have a FUN and successful tournament with as many smash bros fans at this tournament. It's a Smashfest after all!

10% of door fee goes to the top 4 Brawl singles winners.
10% of door fee goes to the top 4 Melee singles winners.
Top team of the Melee Teams tournament recieves F*** Brawl T-Shirts.
Top team of the Brawl Teams tournament recieves F*** Melee T-Shirts.

Waba's Smashfest!

$10 door fee

FREE FOOD! hotdogs and drinks (will get tickets to redeem for food with paid door fee)
FREE Pot Fee...20% of the door fee goes to the tournament Winners!
NO JOHNS!

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Waba WILL be holding a Brawl/Melee Tounament on the 20th!

Waba's Smashfest!

$10 door fee
FREE hotdogs and drinks (will get tickets to redeem for food with paid door fee)

*I would like to know what people would think if we lowered the pot fee for Waba's Smashfest on the 20th. I'm thinking more people would be able to enter the tournaments if we could make the pot fees $2 or $3, especially with all the tournaments going on this month. More for fun and still be enough money for winners. I'm trying to squeeze out as many tournaments for the smash community at Waba. I truly don't know if we can do another one at this location. I'll make a thread this weekend with the official final details. I'll check smashboards as often as I can to hear suggestions. Please help hype this up and make it even more successful than the last! Thanks for all your support.
I understand people's concern with money. So this is what I would like to do. NO POT FEE for the tournaments! Instead, I will pay out from the door fee. 20% of the entire door fee goes to the winners of the singles tournaments. I know it's NOT as much money as if everybody donated the normal $5/$10 to the pot fee, but it allows everybody who comes to enter without further risk. Just enjoy the tournament and see how you rank in both Melee and Brawl without risk of losing anything. For teams, I am offering FREE custom F*** Melee/Brawl T-shirts for the top teams in Melee and Brawl. Idk how you guys will react to this idea, but hopefully it will help some of you to be able to attend and enter the tournaments. I'm just trying to have a FUN and successful tournament with as many smash bros fans at this tournament. It's a Smashfest after all!

Waba's Smashfest!

$10 door fee

FREE FOOD! hotdogs and drinks (will get tickets to redeem for food with paid door fee)
NO JOHNS!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268716

Waba

Smash Apprentice

Waba's Smashfest!

$10 door fee

NO JOHNS!

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten

Waba's Smashfest!

$10 door fee

NO JOHNS!

im liking this, if anyone from the Columbus area is going, and is willing to lend a ride let me know, Gladly help pay for gas if needed.
E:@Zip - Mind describing what the sig looked like

Umby

Smash Master
Alright, guys. I need a bit of help. I was originally coming here with Reflex, but he can't make it anymore. I need a ride. If need be, I can meet people at a train station further north from my location (I'm in College Park, south of the Airport) but I would definitely need a ride back to my house.

If anyone has a spare TV I can use so that I can waive my badge fee (I'm trying to bring a TvC setup) that would be GREATLY appreciated as well.

Umby

Smash Master
Alright, guys. I need a bit of help. I was originally coming here with Reflex, but he can't make it anymore. I need a ride. If need be, I can meet people at a train station further north from my location (I'm in College Park, south of the Airport) but I would definitely need a ride back to my house.

If anyone has a spare TV I can use so that I can waive my badge fee (I'm trying to bring a TvC setup) that would be GREATLY appreciated as well.

Player-3

Smash Hero
min!

why does the TV have to be 20+ inches?

i brought in my 14 inch and didn't get a discount, but you were using the same model/size TV For a brawl setup ]:

Waba

Smash Apprentice
min!

why does the TV have to be 20+ inches?

i brought in my 14 inch and didn't get a discount, but you were using the same model/size TV For a brawl setup ]:
I want 20+inch TV for mainly team tournaments. Trying to get four people sharing a 14inch TV to compete isn't the most desirable set up. I know we have small TVs we use as well, but we wouldn't if we had enough larger TVs. I'm trying to fill what we need which includes larger TVs for teams and spectators. That's why we give people the incentive with the discount to fill what we lack. I also clearly posted before the tournament what full set up intelled which included a 20+inch TV to get the discount.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
I want 20+inch TV for mainly team tournaments. Trying to get four people sharing a 14inch TV to compete isn't the most desirable set up. I know we have small TVs we use as well, but we wouldn't if we had enough larger TVs. I'm trying to fill what we need which includes larger TVs for teams and spectators. That's why we give people the incentive with the discount to fill what we lack. I also clearly posted before the tournament what full set up intelled which included a 20+inch TV to get the discount.

why do we have to bring a wii for melee

Top Bottom