• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Shaya, you didn't even think Peach was good and he-who-must-not-be-named couldn't talk sense into you.

I mean, she can recover from ALL ANGLES against METAKNIGHT.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
fox is actually pretty bad against shields shaya, he has a few tricks around them that are easily countered if you know what they are, hence the bad matchup against ic's

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you dont really need them against fox, who plays fox again shaya?
oh thats right, not you.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
10 frame oos non-dangerous move to fox isnt dangerous.

Look at the difference between the other characters with DANGEROUS moves that are reasonably fast oos:
ICs (Grab), Pikachu (Grab), Sheik (ftilt, 12 frame oos move with hardly any lag... lol)

MTGod

Smash Champion
I remember when I tried to play Fox...

It didn't work out how I planned :D Apparently Shine in Brawl is a bad offensive move???

I like hexagons :D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
good idea, shield the move they used to punish your move that they shielded

I wish I was as good at this as you are.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dont know much about theory crafting being overrated do you?

either way this is stupid lets stop, I know that zss's jab is ****, and I figured she's at least have some good out of shield option.

regardless its considered a 70:30 matchup, zss takes a stock off from 1 downsmash, and honestly, how hard is it to land 1 downysmash?

when are you ever not serious dekar? <3

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wtf Luke, have you been smoking crack?
Are you living in 2008?

FOX BOARDS LIST THE MATCH UP 60:40 IN FOXS ADVANTAGE!

ZSS boards (and ZSS mains like... I dont know... Andrew ) say its EVEN at best for ZSS.
NickRiddle says its 60:40 Foxs advantage too... The best ZSS... lol

ZSS has 0-deaths on Squirtle too. From what I recall both sides consider the MU in squirtles advantage (but not the PT match up over all)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
0 to death legitimate combos and the matchup isn't in that characters favour
what

Toby.

Smash Master
Having a 0-death combo doesn't immediately mean that the execution is practical. Practicality is the quality that ultimately decides whether such things outweigh the natural disadvantages ZSS has against squirtle/fox.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lol dekar

That's like saying every matchup is in ICs favour because we have a 0-death on everyone.

ICs for best character in the game, yo!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
wobbling banned, ICs don't have 0 to death on everyone

oh in brawl? they have 0 to death on everyone with 1 grab? of course they are the best then, rofl
if someone learns all the 0 to deaths

all they have to do is get 3 grabs per match and they win

i get 90 grabs per match

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
People avoid getting grabbed by the ice climbers when they are both there, so that the number of times they are in that situation is less than 3.

Its called spacing ;).

There are enough people who -know- the chain grabs with the climbers for the entire cast.
But on the other part of things, to do 0-deaths ICs need both nana and popo. And by chance one of those two get 0-deathed by pretty much any good character :p.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok I concede defeat shaya, congrats on your first ever victory over me, better go celebrate ;)

characters like luigi can fair olimars shield, and jab him before he can grab you, and luigi can jab into upB true combo on olimar (you dont even need to jab cancel it lol)

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Guys I hear that Link is really easy to pick up and looking at this character rankings list, it looks like that he does really well in tournies. I recommend anyone picking up Link!

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Whenever I watch Scabe play I'm like, wow, maybe link isn't all that bad.
Then I play as link and I remember why I thought he was awful in the first place.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hmm... well against Sheik... id feel Id have a bit of a chance.

6 frame oos move is worse than a 12 frame one.
And both characters having extremely different hurtbox sizes.

id probably be willing to play Fox against Sheik in friendlies... I have refused to play nearly every fox vs pika friendly though. Not even worth it.

Top Bottom