• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

tibs7

Smash Champion
Tilts are are quite simple with tap jump, but yeah sdi'ing is the way to go these days and it's way easier to do it with it off.
I have tj on though, to hard to convert right now.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I play with it on.
Just an ingrained ability carried over from Melee.

I'm too afraid to turn it off because of what it might do to my Melee game. Besides, you can do stuff like Up+B out of Shield.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I play with tap jump off because I lack the finese to use UTilt without ramming the control stick straight up.

Sieg

Smash Champion
It's preference, who cares.

Some people like it, some people don't. It's not a skill thing at all.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Lol sieg it helps with sdi'ing which can really **** some attacks in the game and make you survive stuff normally people won't. Sdi takes some skill.

tibs7

Smash Champion
telling me things I know shaya lol

but it's alot easier to sdi out of nado, an the risk of losing your jump because of tap jump isn't very good :S

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
a lot of characters need to jump/footstool to get out of tornado that is being used properly.
You and your silly stupid character with its stupidly small hurtbox which doesnt have dangly legs and non-detrimental fall speed is broken hax :p

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Clearly all of you that play with tap jump off or whine about it being on are just big fat slugs, really.
Even me.
Also, I loving dairing myself to die with Sheik; I do it way too much. ^_^

Alzi

Smash Master
You guys know how when fighting or practicing martial arts you need some sort of mental meditation or kick with your eyes closed etc.

Do you think there ever will be some sort of meditation or mental way to help you in brawl? Not saying that i ever would do it because it's a waste of time but there should be a strong mental side to brawl somewhere.

Zero

Smash Hero
Lots of people do different things to calm their senses. Play a few warmup friendlies, listen to music, etc etc. Do what you need to do to put you in a better competitive mindset.

Toby.

Smash Master
You guys know how when fighting or practicing martial arts you need some sort of mental meditation or kick with your eyes closed etc.

Do you think there ever will be some sort of meditation or mental way to help you in brawl? Not saying that i ever would do it because it's a waste of time but there should be a strong mental side to brawl somewhere.
I started meditating about 3 years ago. It helps :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
It's preference, who cares.

Some people like it, some people don't. It's not a skill thing at all.
nah I disagree, it takes a small amount of finese to lightly press up without hitting too hard, that takes skill.

imo if uptilting without jumping is too hard for you, sit down and practice it for 10 mins a day over a week or two, problem solved.

also meditating works well, use the kuji-in

rin
pyo
to
sha
kai
jin
retsu
zai
zen

Alzi

Smash Master
Omg it's Kaffei.

Only 4 people like him. And only 1 has a major contribution to the ranking list lol.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well you'd have to assume that people using that strat are sexy enough to pull it off, which would be a very small percent of the scene

Sirias

Smash Champion
Agreed.
It's much better to just go right up to them and kick them in the balls (assuming they have any).
That way you'll have a big advantage prior~

MTGod

Smash Champion
Shmot, teach me the Lucas please :D There's only so much PK Fire I can do until people start pressing the R button properly :p

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Toby and I had a pretty mad strat for doubles but we didn't use it at Thriller, we'll practice it and save it up for RC. Badger what badger!

Also I was joking before I have tap jump on. The pheasant has no agenda.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
This topic excites me with all this $ex and opiate discussion (even without me starting it for once).
However.... it's just Brawl.
And yes Bobsrk_, I do like people with both body parts.
Put the needle on it.
I also finally have less than 5 infraction points.

Anyway borewl, *Brawl. Snake, he's more fun than MK.

Top Bottom