• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i tapped that on the end. i just thought it should be mentioned, cause its the fasted desynch by a couple of frames.

not making a point out of it, just putting it on top of the videos of his awesomeness.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
oh also, kakera is the only player in the world to consistently use the desynch he invented. its crazy hard; i can only do it on 2/3 speed.
It's not hard and he didn't invent it, ICs players just overcomplicate it and make it difficult for themselves to learn. It's a standard SND into shield, nothing more. He's even said himself it was an already-known desync.

Also what Shaya said.

sry, Attila. </3

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
snd into shield? its back --> forward --> whatever. just has to be done incredible fast.

everyone's entitled to their own opinions. im not fussed.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
could say the same for lain tbh, technically.

dw we'll all see for ourselves how **** kakera is firsthand soon enough. be warned attila he has a lot to live up to, I expect to not even be able to kill his nana in a ditto (lolsif). :p

Stray_

Smash Apprentice
even if a game wasn't designed with competitive play in mind, (assuming that's what you were meaning by real), If playing it that way is fun then whats the problem?

I find smash more fun than street fighter, so everyone else can keep their 'real' games

tedeth

Smash Master
Look. Smash, be it brawl or melee, differs from the description and standards that a traditional fighting game adheres to.

Does that make it any less of a game? No. Nobody's arguing that. But to classify it with games like Street Fighter and Tekken is wrong. In my mind, Smash if far more strategic than a traditional fighting game. It relies on the player to concentrate far more on their positioning, vertically and horizontally, in relation to their opponent, and in that regard, allows for for more options both defensively and offensively that the player has to know and understand.

Do the characters "fight"? Well sure they do, I guess that's where people say "clearly it's a fighting game", but we need to make the distinction between our beloved games and the "Traditional style fighters". You could almost call Smash a fighting/strategy/platformer/beat 'em up.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Fire Emblem is somewhat a competitive single player rpg...

People compete in terms of strategy, debate, etc..
People are still competing on the most highest level strategy to get S ranks for Fire Emblem 7 (that games getting quite old now)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Do the characters "fight"? Well sure they do, I guess that's where people say "clearly it's a fighting game", but we need to make the distinction between our beloved games and the "Traditional style fighters". You could almost call Smash a fighting/strategy/platformer/beat 'em up.
Platform Fighter.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Hey so i just setup my wii for the first time after thriller and when i ejected the disk i found a genuine copy of brawl inside which obviously isnt mine. So whoever used my wii on the 2nd day it is probably theirs. Condog do i remember you asking to use it cause if your missing your brawl iv most likely got it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Would set it to autoplay, but it has some coarse language, so don't play it without parental guidance for younger viewers! (lol)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZVFpRQdOuQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZVFpRQdOuQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Manabar in Brisbane has brawl constantly up and running with wavebirds.

Too bad the screens are ultra laggy.

Top Bottom