• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
do you even play fox shaya?
I play those matchups though, because they teach you important stuff.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Well the fox boards say that Pika/Fox would still be like 60:40 or 65:35 pika without any sort of grabbing, Pika destroys fox in most facets of the game, add in the ******** chain grab and its not fun at all.

I'd rather play sheik because I feel I'm in more control of the game, and I have a chance if I play really smart, its just highly unlikely that I'm going to win.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I play those matchups though, because they teach you important stuff.
I like this comment_

I lol'ed at Gaga's, having been an ex Olimar main he is so easy to use effectively_ I still failed at tech skill with him though_ Ironically though it seems you have picked up Shiek Gaga_ WTF is with that coincidence_? Shiek <3

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
pretty sure you cant actuall 0-death fox with pika though, I'm fairly sure the chain is escapable around 90%+

as for shiek, last I heard it is a 0-death.

MTGod

Smash Champion
0-significant disadvantage is still pretty bad, obviously ^^"

Unfortunate, but if you enjoy Fox by far over every other character chances are you're gonna be better with him than using a counterpick character for those specific match-ups... Or, just something I've found playing Lucas anyway (I play better with Lucas against Lucas' bad MUs than I do with Diddy, even after using them both relatively equally for a decent amount of time now)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
your exactly right mtgod, I've 3 stocked pika's with fox in those kind of conditions

what you must watch out for though, are people with good fundimentals

let me explain, you've got someone like me who's really good at using snake, but doesnt have great fundimentals, so I can preform really well with snake and thats about it.

then you've got someone like scabe who's the opposite, sure his link is **** and all, but he can pick up just about any character and play it well (I kid you not, he can win or come close against my snake with about half the cast)

those players are rarer, but if they decide to play pika against your fox, even if they've only played pika a few times in their life, you will lose.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Also i would assume that the harder mu usually creates a larger focus on your behalf MTGod_ It's those matches that i find people really get their game on and will lose in sometimes more complacent matches that could have easily been won_

I personally enjoy harder MUs for the experience they give_ MK and Diddy are fun_ Falco, not so much_

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Luke, maybe I am using Fox. Maybe the part where I said I wouldnt mind playing against sheiks but have refused playing against pikachus was enough of a hint ;).

Best mid tier character available imo.

MTGod

Smash Champion
those players are rarer, but if they decide to play pika against your fox, even if they've only played pika a few times in their life, you will lose.
A pox on people with talent I say!!! :p

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
****ing ******s, stop copying my characters, stick to lucario for your obsecure tier usage jp.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
<3 Bsrk
Speaking of U-smashes.
Sheik has THE SEXIEST U-smash in the game if DAC'd perfectly - looks amazingzingzing.
Either extremely strong upwards knockback (or best case, 3 hits) absurdly strong sidewards knockback (probably bad DI from other players, but I think Shiek's U-smash works a little like Wolf's with that sidewards nonsense).
If that fails though; I just bring out the $lut and spam her smashes. <3

Also, I replaced Revoltimar with Snake - I can still be a tech chasing ******* with him AND he's fun to use.
Unlike Lolimar.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Ugh Snake I just can't do it_ USmash may be sexy Gaga but it's predictable and punishable on whiff_ Been learning DACUS though especially for some sexy grab release kills_ Want a longer grab box -_-

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Ugh.
I need to learn to play without tap jump as well.
I tried it a few months back and utterly infuriated myself (plus it's hard to do certain things with it off).
I'm sure it'd fix my grand ability of jumping while trying to do a tilt but meh.
One day I'll adapt but atm I can't 'cause I fail.
PLUS! Umm, most top players play with it on anyway? Idk.
Except Corpse (can see his name on my old system).
And maybe Tib$ but WHO CARES about Tib$.....

MTGod

Smash Champion
It all comes down to personal preference I guess - Vlade plays with tap jump on and (obv) does quite well, but I don't know how much he relies on his Utilt xD Not that I matter much, but I never use tap jump because I'm thoroughly ******** at doing tilts when there's two moves mapped to similar movements, let alone three (jump, tilt and smash - four if you separate SH and FH Jumps :p)...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah... the only thing tapjump does is sometimes make you use a jump during SDI...

But generally if you are SDIing most things youd want to jump/footstool to get away from :p
But hell good control should avoid you using that jump whilst sding anyway.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Seriously guys I reckon that doing an up-tilt with tap jump on is harder than wave dashing, quatum physics and thermodynamics combined.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Yeah.
Idk what I was talking about tbh. Considering I use lots of u-tilts.
Drugs probably...
The only thing tap jump really annoys me with is Sheik's DACUS grab release.
....And half the time I randomly D-smash instead (other times my timing is just way off and I dash attack or U-air, or sometimes just stand there....)
My hands aren't normal.
Yes, neither are most my other body parts.
Meeeeeehhhhh.

MTGod

Smash Champion
thermodynamics
"Tilts are a funny subject. The first time you learn tilts, you don't get it. The second time you learn them, you think you get most of them except for a couple of them. The third time, you know you don't get them, but you're too used to them by now to care."

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Tilts, ****, tickets, w/e.
H8 them all.
Brawl should be a game where you just stand there and do nothing for 7:55 minutes then during the last 5 seconds you unplug your cords and hit eachother with them.
Wii remote for S tier.
I don't think I'll play 'till like July. Just over it atm.

swordsaint

Smash Master
You fail if you can't up tilt with tap jump on. Clearly that's a problem with your co-ordination.

What's so hard with slightly moving it up instead of being a spaz and smashing it up?

MTGod

Smash Champion
If you ARE a spaz (like myself) then it is hard, but it's not really a point of argument since if you've got bad coordination then you deal with it :p

Top Bottom