• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Mk isn't worse than marth/d3/Oli, and most top diddy's now say that the mu is even or possibly in diddy's favor. Just btw.

:phone:

tibs7

Smash Champion
You are insaaaaaane!
No top diddy player says that....I have no idea where you got that from.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I know it isn't as bad as Snake's bad MU's, but in terms of MK, Diddy fairs better against him on more stages.

Diddy has an insanely hard time killing Snake. I personally think it's close enough to even to not warrant to much discussion over it. Snake's favour though if anything.

Attila_

BRoomer
It dOesnt matter what percentage you live to if you don't touch the stage between 100% and death.

And Diddy can combo into ko moves at over 150%; he is the only character who can do this.

Splice

Smash Hero
Olimar can use Usmash and then Usmash again.
I'm pretty sure that's a combo, testing right now

Dekar289

Smash Hero
how bout them hacks though, all through the vid, someone hook up.. uhh leisha i think lol
pretty.......

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Dedede can combo dthrow into dtilt, dsmash, usmash... utilt on ice/against a wall.

Now if only these worked on good characters...

Splice

Smash Hero
Testing complete;
Olimar Usmash -> Usmash -> Usmash true combo confirmed.
Potentially another Usmash if that last Usmash is a white.

Attila_

BRoomer
Jigglypuff can combo Dair > Rest at any percent if the dair trips. :troll:
pretty sure that's sdi-able, unless only one hit connects, and it happens to trip.

diddy's is always a combo, unless the character is aerial (he should be able to combo anyway) or near a ledge (fantastic situation...).

Remastered

Smash Lord
Olimar's dthrow to Usmash is a combo on mk with particular pikmin. Usmash to Usmash is a true combo depending on pikmin. Bad DI makes these much worse. For the throw, oli needs yellow, red, white or blue. And for the smash again it is basically anything other than purple on low percents. Purple has large hit stun and you can DI away really easily.

Uptilt can combo 2ice with Oli, and dependant on the pikmin (preferrably yellow) he can Usmash straight after.

Whistle autocancels into any move. Obviously faster moves are a better option, like Nair, Fair & Uair.

UpB goes through Nado, regardless of time or position. Aslong as any one of the pikimin in the chain hit MK's hurtbubbles. Olimar can whistle into the nado and Nair MK out of it. The whistle is only invunreble on the throw forward of Oli's head. You can hit him in the first 2-3 frames as his head rocks back. Oli can also grab a Nado to the hieght of the pikmin. So always approach above pikmin height.

Oli can hold onto one of diddy's banana's and still attack as long as he whistles or air dodges before using it.

Jaice will hate me for this, but I could seriously write a book on the ridiculous crap Oli can do.

Splice

Smash Hero
Every "true" combo is SDI'able except for Diddy's and Zero Suit Samus's.
Then it's not a true combo, and Attila originally brought up Diddy as the character with un-SDI'able true combos, so im pretty sure thats his point exactly ???

@Ad3pt: and I'm pretty sure SH-Autocancel whistle can replace running power sheild except way better and you can get a KO out of it.

Also can't every character use Aerials whilst holding a banana if buffered or something? I've done it before with GaW, I assumed that was how. Or maybe im crazy.

either way,
Olimar <3

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
Olimar's dthrow to Usmash is a combo on mk with particular pikmin. Usmash to Usmash is a true combo depending on pikmin. Bad DI makes these much worse. For the throw, oli needs yellow, red, white or blue. And for the smash again it is basically anything other than purple on low percents. Purple has large hit stun and you can DI away really easily.

Uptilt can combo 2ice with Oli, and dependant on the pikmin (preferrably yellow) he can Usmash straight after.

Whistle autocancels into any move. Obviously faster moves are a better option, like Nair, Fair & Uair.

UpB goes through Nado, regardless of time or position. Aslong as any one of the pikimin in the chain hit MK's hurtbubbles. Olimar can whistle into the nado and Nair MK out of it. The whistle is only invunreble on the throw forward of Oli's head. You can hit him in the first 2-3 frames as his head rocks back. Oli can also grab a Nado to the hieght of the pikmin. So always approach above pikmin height.

Oli can hold onto one of diddy's banana's and still attack as long as he whistles or air dodges before using it.

Jaice will hate me for this, but I could seriously write a book on the ridiculous crap Oli can do.
It was a shock how little knowledge people had about Olimar when at Reloaded. This information will probably just be overlooked as no-one will have to verse Olimar outside of QLD for another three months. Repost this a week before ACL.

Also, up tilt doesn't combo twice. Falling nair to up tilt links though.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Sdi-able.

Unlike diddy's.

While this is true, you can only DI forwards, into Wario. Plus, if he does, you just pick up the tire and turn it around.

Plus you need super DI like computers in order for it to be an issue.

I found this page randomly lol, I google searched and here I am.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah man, I remember that time ted survived a fresh utilt at like 180%
what the **** is that ****

Top Bottom