• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

Splice

Smash Hero
Pretty hard to judge which one beats the other when the pics are so out of proportion. Last I checked GaW was bigger than D3s head.

idk how long the third hits out for but i dont think its that hard to time seeing as even if it did only come out for one frame theres about 8 frames there that that one frame would occur where it would still be effective and you hit first.

Also you use the Nair diagonally with GaW, is the key spacing but I mean it all works. It takes D3 too long to turn around in the air and wih Nair GaW can pick sides if he's above which makes it hard for D3.

Shaya are you absolutely sure D3 can grab the Bair if the GaW hits with the 2nd last hit of Bair and moves out for the last one? That'd be pretty freaky deaky but I dont think so. Anyway skimming sheilds with Bair and going over them is the new thing for GaW lol.

Powersheild to Utilt, basically Utilt, is what I was saying before, is something D3 has that sure is legit against GaW. I don't see it deciding the MU, especially seeing as D3 has to bait or predict the move, and GaW has a lot of room for mix-ups/psych-outs with his aerials.

i dont really know if D3 does win with range in the air, but Im pretty damn sure GaW wins on options and mobility lol.

@Dean: Yeah you do have to start at a specific point in your short hop, but its more than one frame lol. I dont think its that risky because you would also have a hard time attacking right when the move ends because if you let go of sheild earlier you would get hit and if you are too late I UpB away, which would also hit you if you dropped sheild. Thats if I dug in your sheild, i can also skim over which is fine but PS->Utilt with D3 works on this, so not against D3. Theres more but essentially the most you'll punish me with is grab or ftilt.

You should try to co-main GaW Dean.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Pretty hard to judge which one beats the other when the pics are so out of proportion. Last I checked GaW was bigger than D3s head.
Yeah nah sorry 'bout that.
@Dean: Yeah you do have to start at a specific point in your short hop, but its more than one frame lol.
Yeah I realise that much at least >.>
I dont think its that risky because you would also have a hard time attacking right when the move ends because if you let go of sheild earlier you would get hit and if you are too late I UpB away, which would also hit you if you dropped sheild.
It's risky because there's a period of time where you initiate your jump (~6 frames) and then when you're in the air trying to position yourself to nair where you're completely open if the Dedede hasn't trapped himself in his shield. tbh when you're saying this stuff it sounds like the Dedede is just shielding all day, Dedede in this matchup should either be jumping (bair/bair mixups) or walking away to space ftilt.
You should try to co-main GaW Dean.
:confused: I'm not quite sure why you would say that, my G&W pretty bad bro and I'm happy with The King.

I'm probably wrong with all of this stuff, I'm so bad at this game :(

Edit: and I was right when I thought Ice Climber's Blizzard was transendant, but I was wrong when I said Dedede's ftilt outranged it :x

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Maybe not outranged, but outdisjointed (like Marth fair > nair in range, but nair > fair in disjoint). When I tried in training mode his arm always got hit.

Zero

Smash Hero
I KNOW RIGHT!

It's gorram amazing. Fun facts though, it will only display as black in IE. Go non-standards compliance.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
1. Ally :metaknight: :snake: :popo: (Lost to Esam)
2. Anti :metaknight: (Lost to Ally twice)
3. Seibrik :metaknight: (Lost to Anti and Ally)
4. Esam :pikachu2: (Lost to Ally and Anti)
5. ADHD :diddy: (Lost to Ally and Seibrik)
5. Razer :snake: (Lost to Esam and Seibrik)
7. Fatal :snake: (Lost to Lie and Razer)
7. Gnes :diddy: (Lost to Anti and Ally)
9. Lie :diddy: (Lost to Fatal and ? )
9. Mew2King :metaknight: (Lost to Razer and Ally)
9. Nick Riddle :zerosuitsamus: (Lost to Gnes and ADHD )
9. Atomsk :troll: (Lost to Razer and ?)
13. MVD :snake: (Lost to Fatal and ?)
13. Trela :lucario: (Lost to Atomsk and Ally)
13. ChuDat :kirby2: (Lost to NickRiddle and ?)
13. Logic :olimar: (Lost to Mew2King and Pierce)
17. Poltergust :yoshi2: (Lost to Trela and Razer)
17. San :ike: (Lost to NickRiddle and ?)

And that's that, fellas'.

Great show by Ally coming back from an early loss and wrecking through Losers.
so ally is once again the ****.

although apparently he only used snake against hylian, and only used ics against esam. which basically means 1-3 places were for an mk...

also, m2k be mad. he forfeited melee, also.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
MvC 3 just came out man, he's been practicing hard.

Scabes already mastered that metagame. Rich successful Starcraft business man.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
m2k quit smash last I heard, so its safe to assume he hasnt been practicing and thus fell behind.
isnt chudat supposed to have quit too?

is anyone actually ever able to quit this game ever?

also yes he can shaya, the entire world blames you for that.

Zxv

Smash Lord
I wonder who's the second best crossover player? First is obviously M2K, can't really think of a clear second. ChuDat, perhaps?

Posting in both threads because I'm bored and want varied opinions.

Zero

Smash Hero
afaik aerial nado only makes "priority" changes to the hitbox. If you actually look at what's happening, hitboxes curve around the nado hitbox to hit vuln MK.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
dunno.

i know that any move (ANY MOVE) will cancel a grounded nado.

in the air, you gotta outrange it. dont think pikachu's fair or zss nair can do that.

Top Bottom