• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I dunno man. That's more than most mid tiers have at least. I'd have him near the top of mid tier myself.

Edit @ Scott: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=306431
S: Meta Knight
A: Diddy Kong, Snake, Falco
B: Marth, Wario, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Pikachu
C: Lucario, King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Mr. Game & Watch, Toon Link
D: Fox, Wolf, Peach
E: Donkey Kong, Kirby, R.O.B., Pit, Sonic
F: Ike, Sheik/Zelda, Luigi, Sheik, Ness, Yoshi, Pokémon Trainer
G: Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon
H: Link, Jigglypuff, Zelda, Ganondorf

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I was being sarcastic. Using pit is petty easy and he definitely shouldnt be that low but considering the characters directly above him on the list I can see their reasoning.
I dont mind. I've never revolved my thinking around tiers, obviously. Although thats the direct result for my lack of success in smash tournaments hehe...

:phone:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
fox still not high enough, samus still not low enough

and link should be like mid tier ffs, these scrubs have never met scabe

Splice

Smash Hero
Jiggs went lower too lol

This list is a total downgrade
Except for Diddy and Snake's swap

but thats no excuse

Remastered

Smash Lord
Luigi finally moves into a lower rung on the tier and he still isn't a low enough for low tier tournies. So sad.

D3 is about right. If you want to play brawl the way it's built to be played, you can run away from him the entire match with a lot of the cast.

Pit should be higher, although with the intro of a full cast LGL it might have hurt that a bit.

Considering Diddy has the infinite that is pretty usable, it makes sense that he moves up. Still sick of the tier list being almost completely based on how well chars do against MK.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh LGL does hurt some chars pretty bad.

LGL is stupid depending on who you play though. I personally like a full cast LGL. Brawl would be ultra sad if we spent the match hanging off the edge in our tents.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
that being said leish, I dont think anyone in australia has ever bothered to learn how to plank properly and thus we havnt really had to deal with it at all.

the only dedicated planking I can remember was jei V me in robocop crews (and how did that work out for you eh jei?)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I guess so, but it doesnt seem too bad to me really. I thought it was just mks that was impossible to deal with lol.

I did hear another story, but I wont say it because of namesearching which will lead into super rage.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Not to mention GnW. All depends on the char you are playing, against the char that is planking though. More of the cast struggles to break a decent plank, then to plank effectively themselves.

I won't even begin to whine about Luigi here.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
pretty sure all high tiers have tools to beat planking, with wario possibly the only exception (but he's broken and gay anyway </3)...

and unfortunately the rest of the tier list doesn't really matter, cause they don't win tournaments anyway.

sad but true.

i also think that the bbr is against all forms of planking because they don't like to openly discriminate against a single character, and mk's planking is unbeatable. giving him less of a lgl is as close a comprise as they were willing to give.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
we have zero fox in the best brawl state, excuse my bias (and zero understanding of brawl to begin with)

srsly? fox?
man i'm so biased

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Dw hes played the MU constantly. We both know what it's all about.
Actually it's not that bad, both get fed up with the reflections so they both run in and start brawling lol.
Although we only do that MU in friendlies so that might have something to do with it...

Attila_

BRoomer
i imagine that in a tournament, if falco loses the percent lead, the match is over.

i imagine.

unless falco does some amazing bair stage spike to footstool at low percent :D

Attila_

BRoomer
Pit can camp under lasers.

That's pretty amazing.

You're poor theory craft only limits your play ability. Unfortunately the game really doesn't work that way.

Also, have you ever actually played or even watched the mu before?

swordsaint

Smash Master
hey hey hey

he also has two reflecting techniques, so lets say

falco's 'best' camping game is currently being abused at the start of the game, oh noes pit reflected a single laser, oh no falco got hit, oh no, pits now camping indefinitely. or the fact pits arrows go straight through lasers and do more damage and knockback? a single trade when falco goes to laser once puts pit ahead.

sure falco shouldn't ever lose the lead against pit in a sense in that if he does he loses, but you should rethink the way you're saying stuff, that's not what your implications are.

Top Bottom