• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

swordsaint

Smash Master
yep

if you can cancel mks tornado, he has time to punish with like dsmash or something, i've seen it happen against snakes, snake tries to up tilt a grounded nado, clash, mk dsmashes. really gay

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
not so much.

most high tiers have good enough ways of either avoiding or punishing it, and sdi helps heaps too.

it still can be gay, and it still destroys most mid/low tier characters.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah, earl must be doing it wrong. I think in the first game of the vid you lin[/I]ked Earl connected with like 2 tornados. The first did the full damage but the second one he didn't get you in the right part to keep you in for the max length, giving you the false illusion that you SDI'd it.

Tornado doesn't have hitlag, and if there isn't any hitlag then it just can't be SDI'd no matter how hard we try.

Attila_

BRoomer
watch the set, i only get trapped in 3-4 out of about 10. compare this to sets from a year ago, where i would literally not get out a single time.

you people and your 'frame data'. it only holds you back!

Zxv

Smash Lord
Scoot gets out of tornado a lot (more than 95% of the time which is ridiculous). Even M2K commented on this.
Ergo M2K doesn't know how to tornado properly?

Beliving blindly in theories simply hinders you. You end up contorting results to fit hypotheses rather than constructing hypotheses to fit results.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I thought it was clear I was kidding around, but apparently not :(

I'd appreciate it if you didn't just call me a "****ing idiot" though, that wasn't very nice

swordsaint

Smash Master

I'd appreciate it if you didn't just call me a "****ing idiot" though, that wasn't very nice

but 4srs times, turning something in to a joke when theres legitimate evidence/example brought up against is just a piss poor way to handle something.

Vlade

Social Outcast
The comment I made in response to what Zxv said was a joke, but I'm still an adamant believer that tornado cannot be SDI'd.

As far as I'm concerned the evidence that was brought up doesn't counter my point, because to me it looks like that it was incorrect positioning of the tornado. We can argue this all day but ultimately it's not gonna make either of us a better person since it will just lead to us not accepting the other person's argument as that's how the internet usually works. If you think I'm an idiot, so be it because I'm not changing my views on this matter anytime soon but like I said before that personal attack was pretty uncalled for.

I would've preferred something along the lines of "Vlade that post was dumb"

swordsaint

Smash Master
The comment I made in response to what Zxv said was a joke, but I'm still an adamant believer that tornado cannot be SDI'd.

As far as I'm concerned the evidence that was brought up doesn't counter my point, because to me it looks like that it was incorrect positioning of the tornado. We can argue this all day but ultimately it's not gonna make either of us a better person since it will just lead to us not accepting the other person's argument as that's how the internet usually works. If you think I'm an idiot, so be it because I'm not changing my views on this matter anytime soon but like I said before that personal attack was pretty uncalled for.

I would've preferred something along the lines of "Vlade that post was dumb"
no, see you're misunderstanding. You can keep that opinion all you want, but not even acknowledging what was said, instead going in to a joke was just a bad way to handle it. joke + response is much more acceptable imo.

This post was much better. if you said this in response to zxv then I wouldn't have said anything.

Vlade

Social Outcast
You should probably inform all the top mks that they aren't nadoing properly. A video tutorial perhaps?

:phone:
It's not feasible to be able to tornado 100% perfectly every time because I think it depends on where the tornado initially hits the opponent

EDIT: That's fair enough Scoot, I can agree with that

swordsaint

Smash Master
I put to you this, even if non-SDI-able, the fact it doesn't have hitlag, and doesn't hit on each frame suggests that even REGULAR DI during the tornado is feasible.

Attila_

BRoomer
tornado hits every 4-6 frames, depending on how hard the mk player is mashing 'b'.

di/sdi is the only real explanation as to why top players get out fairly often now; unless your saying that top mks just got worse.

Splice

Smash Hero
i am under the impression its just if ur chars whole body is trapped in the middle (this normally happens when the MK nados from below or starts the Nado at your position) then there isnt really anything you can do. I dont think SDI would help there.

Its plausible it works around the edges of the attack.

Still, SDI has never gotten me out of a Nado from any angle except if im only barely getting hit by it.

Is there anything particular on how you are supposed to SDI nado differently to other moves?

swordsaint

Smash Master
you go towards the centre. then airdodge/quick attack/footstool. thats what i do anyway.

no hitbox in centre, only on the bottom, top left and top right.

Splice

Smash Hero
Ok I havent been doing that. ty
Ill see if i get any results.
I should just mash UpB anyway as I am a GaW main :D

If you're trapped in the bottom you cant actually get out though can you?

swordsaint

Smash Master
you didnt tell me

i just know what nado does.

I probably get out more than you lol.

also it does depend on the way they're nadoing.

There are a few factors, for good nados centre is best. but you can drop out through the corners sometimes if you notice you're close to them.

Then airdodge/jumping again is dependant on whether they're rising nado or holding it solid.

edit - i dont think that was you getting out of that nado attila, earl dropped the nado at the end which can sometimes pop you out.

Top Bottom