• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
My Ganon died at a tourney today. DLA watched it happen. He desperately tried to save him, but it was too late. The old man finally passed on.
I was going to ask if a Metaknight stabbed you and I then I saw your character icon... MK obviously poisoned you.

By the way, I just picked up Brawl Minus, and I must say it's one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced. I have no intentions for maining Ganondorf there, since I don't want to mess up my vBrawl timing and use Utilt on an opponent's shield thinking I can break it when I'm really just being an idiot. After trying him a few times, I'd have to say that his timing is definately quirky, but he has some nifty stuff that will get him some recognition.

As for my Brawl- main, based on the characters I've tried, I'm likely to either pick Falcon or Luigi. Falcon's YES knee is way too epic for me to not use him, and Luigi is hilariously rediculous. I have some videos up on my Youtube channel if you want to see them.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Clannad is amazing. I played the visual novel.

I have a new mindgame...I wonder how much I can get away with it. D-throw U-tilt, which can reach them even if they DI away if I recall. I haven't actually been punished for doing this yet...but maybe that's because the person I'm doing it to is a scrub lol.

My Ganon is still awesome though.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
My Ganon died at a tourney today. DLA watched it happen. He desperately tried to save him, but it was too late. The old man finally passed on.
Umm, hello..!
Jab? Chest Area?

Clannad is amazing. I played the visual novel.

I have a new mindgame...I wonder how much I can get away with it. D-throw U-tilt, which can reach them even if they DI away if I recall. I haven't actually been punished for doing this yet...but maybe that's because the person I'm doing it to is a scrub lol.

My Ganon is still awesome though.
U-tilting right after throwing people is actually kinda coo'. I use to do it after a Bthrow.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
I'm attending to a tourney 7/2... I'll go Ganon only and probably get last place, as always... =/

... Just trolling a bit :V

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm becoming so good at Brawl that I'd probably be able to actually win tournament sets with Ganon.

But I probably won't do it, I have other characters I need to get representation for.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That's awesome. I'm not going to go through the last 4 pages or so to find out what you do, but what instruments do you guys play?

I play the cello.

also, if there are any, you should post youtube vids of you playing <3, and then we can add them to the introductions. lol
So this is old, but I play bass. I'm not multitalented like you guys though, so I play just bass, but have been for 13 or so years.
I have some youtube videos of myself playing, but they're all over a year or two old, so yeah :p

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm still alive, I just don't have my computer.

I can't post much content where I am. Keep the moveset discussion going.

Also, Ganon is not garbage tier.

On Wifi.

On Wifi he's merely terrible.

. . .

:034:

LEt's Brawl Toronto 2 is in a week. I felt like I made a huge mistake when I missed the second Just for Kicks tourney. :( Have to go to LBT, with the last $20 I have.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Brawl Singles (+ $250 Bonus Pot)

1: Lain ($344.00 + $50 First place pot bonus):gw: :popo:
2: Kain ($215.00) :wolf:
3: Zeton ($129.00) :fox:
4: Joker ($86.00) :snake:
5: Affinity ($43.00) :metaknight:
5: Fino ($43.00) :olimar:
7: Ook :dk2:
7: QTP :diddy:
9: Nicole :peach:
9: Clel :metaknight:
9: Jordan :gw:
9: Domo :metaknight:
13: MJG :toonlink:
13: Future :popo:
13: Zash :shiek:
13: Chewyy :popo:
17: DLA :ganondorf:
17: Legan :link2:
17: Zozefup :metaknight:
17: Ripple :dk2:
17: Rob Gambino :metaknight:
17: MMM :falco:
17: Cook :olimar:
17: Pu!se :metaknight:
25: Amphros
25: Kit
25: Trent
25: Veggie!
25: Klutch
25: FAE
25: Clove
25: Tmacc
----pool cutoff (60 entrants in total)

Hot dickings was way too good--definitely the toughest tournament I've been to.

My pool was really nasty: it consisted of consisted of Lain (best ICs in the country, placed 1st in the tournament), Fino (one of the midwest's best Olimars, placed 5th in the tournament), another Olimar, our own Ticklish Prostate, a Wario (Kit), a G&W (Peeks), and a Peach (Kite).

In other words... three 0:100 matchups, a few more bad Ganon matchups, and one epic ditto set. I 2-0'd everyone except Lain (0-2), Fino (0-2), and Kit (1-1), and got third in pools going all Ganon.

In brackets, the first person I had to fight was Joker, a Snake main who placed 4th in the tournament. He wrecked my Ganon first game and he decided to go CF the second game. I was displeased and proceeded to 3 stock his CF. So he went back to Snake and I lost in a close match.

In losers, I 2-1'd a Pit/Snake main named Klutch... I think I 2 stocked his Snake first round, then he barely beat me with Pit second round, so I got tired of his camping and went DK in the in the third and two stocked his Pit.

Then I fought QTP, a really nasty Diddy main. He was really fast and coordinated with his nannerz, and I got wrecked pretty hard both games due to lack of Diddy matchup experience (no good Diddy Kongs in IL/WI unfortunately). I realized that once I had a banana, I was way too fixated on flame choking him and glide toss -> fsmashing him. He kept brutalizing me while I was whiffing flame chokes left and right, all the while tripping over bananas. So yeah, not a fun match. I should get Fonz to help me with this matchup next time I see him lol.

Anyways, I got 17th out of 60, using Ganon for every game in the tournament except one. A bit better than I had hoped :p

In other news, yes, it's true that TP has abandoned the Dorf. We met and did some friendlies at the beginning, and while we were talking during pools, he told me that he mained Ganon because he actually made Brawl fun. But he said that he would have more fun if he mained a viable character and was able to win more matches, which I definitely understand. His Ganon is hella legit, and I hope he'll look fondly on his memories of crushing skulls with his steel-toed footwear.

Also, yes, Kain (best Wolf in the country IMO) absolutely beasted this tournament and got second, only losing to Lain in both Winners and Losers brackets. This guy is way too good. Watching a Star Fox losers finals (Zeton's Fox vs. Kain's Wolf) was my favorite part of the tournament, besides my matches of course. Wolf definitely belongs higher on the tier list, and if you watched Kain play, you'd agree.

Now, time to make up for a weekend's worth of sleep deficiency......

TP

Smash Master
In other news, yes, it's true that TP has abandoned the Dorf. We met and did some friendlies at the beginning, and while we were talking during pools, he told me that he mained Ganon because he actually made Brawl fun. But he said that he would have more fun if he mained a viable character and was able to win more matches, which I definitely understand. His Ganon is hella legit, and I hope he'll look fondly on his memories of crushing skulls with his steel-toed footwear.
Yeah, I definitely don't regret my time as a Ganon main at all. A friend who was watching me play as MK in the tourney after my Ganon died said I was really good at reading people's habits and punishing them, and I was like "Yeah, Ganon."

This will be my last Nidoking, although I'll still hang out on these boards.

Wait, I can do better than that.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No one really abandons Ganon. You just use him all the time in friendlies and low tiers and as an alternate... or at least I do :)

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
I'm sorry Px, I forgot to change it :[

Yeah, I definitely don't regret my time as a Ganon main at all. A friend who was watching me play as MK in the tourney after my Ganon died said I was really good at reading people's habits and punishing them, and I was like "Yeah, Ganon."

This will be my last Nidoking, although I'll still hang out on these boards.

Wait, I can do better than that.[/IMG]
wow.. I actually just got legitimately sad :/

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
DLA, Ganon's never gonna win a tourney with that much money (Game Wise) involved.
Good going nontheless.

A friend who was watching me play as MK in the tourney after my Ganon died said I was really good at reading people's habits and punishing them, and I was like "Yeah, Ganon."
This...
Everyone should start their Brawl-career maining Ganon.
You learn so, so much by using this character:
DIing, PSing, Techchasing...
Sure, you learn all this stuff by playing any character, but not as much as when using HIM, the Dorf.

TP, Yr still gonna 2'nd him, aight? :lick:

And for the love of... Keep your Ganon-icon down there, even if you don't main him.

btw, didn't you semi-main ROB before?

TP

Smash Master
TP, Yr still gonna 2'nd him, aight? :lick:

And for the love of... Keep your Ganon-icon down there, even if you don't main him.

btw, didn't you semi-main ROB before?
There will always be new people who want to play my Ganon, or people on campus bragging about how good they are who are asking to get embarrassed. At one point, I sorta mained ROB, but the MK matchup is sooooo **** frustrating with him that it isn't enjoyable to even try. He gets juggled worse than any other character. Nothing fun about spending half the game trying to get to the ground.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
DLA... That tournament seems like it was a lot of fun. I mean a Ganon in 17th... a Wolf in 2nd with a Fox right behind him? What madness is this?!

Noobicidal

Smash Master
This...
Everyone should start their Brawl-career maining Ganon.
You learn so, so much by using this character:
DIing, PSing, Techchasing...
Sure, you learn all this stuff by playing any character, but not as much as when using HIM, the Dorf.
This x10.

It's unfair to compare characters to Ganon, but my transition to Toon Link and MK was made so much easier due to my time spent as Ganon. I wouldn't be where I am today were it not for our Dark Lord.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
DLA... That tournament seems like it was a lot of fun. I mean a Ganon in 17th... a Wolf in 2nd with a Fox right behind him? What madness is this?!
It was so much fun. This tournament was what it would be like in ALL tournaments if MK got banned. So much variety in the top 8. Hot Dickings was how Brawl tournaments SHOULD be.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It was so much fun. This tournament was what it would be like in ALL tournaments if MK got banned. So much variety in the top 8. Hot Dickings was how Brawl tournaments SHOULD be.
Sadly that's only the case in the MW.

No MK tournaments in TX means massive amounts of Snakes, Diddys, and Warios.

@HomE

Smash Ace
DoonKoon for best Ganon in the world!

Whos with me??

lets get this cleared up fast, I feel so lost without someone to worship/look up to..

Breezy

Smash Ace
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU
I shoulda went to Hot Dickings. Future probably woulda liked another 2-0ing in bracket like at No Koast, and it woulda been cool to see DLA and Tainted Pickle again.

And you guys are probably gunna call me crazy, but I don't think the ICs MU is 0:100 by any means. Like I just said, I 2-0'd future in bracket, and I've taken a game off of Lain in pools. There's also an IC here in MN (albeit not an amazing one by any means) that I regularly 3-stock. I really don't find the MU that hard.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Ganondorf really helped me learn how to play this game. It took me only a day to learn how to learn to play as sheik, and only a half an hour to figure out how to DACUS. I owe it all to the Dorf.

*cheers*

TP

Smash Master
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU
I shoulda went to Hot Dickings. Future probably woulda liked another 2-0ing in bracket like at No Koast, and it woulda been cool to see DLA and Tainted Pickle again.

And you guys are probably gunna call me crazy, but I don't think the ICs MU is 0:100 by any means. Like I just said, I 2-0'd future in bracket, and I've taken a game off of Lain in pools. There's also an IC here in MN (albeit not an amazing one by any means) that I regularly 3-stock. I really don't find the MU that hard.
...and now I have the name I will enter my next tourney as. It's fitting too, since I'm "tainted" by MK now.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I don't really have *that* much of a problem from MK. I just dislike the fact that he doesn't seem to have ANY unfavorable matchups. But obviously he can be beaten, it's just harder to do than most characters.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Breezy... fact is when IC players see a Ganon they scoff and let their guard down and start playing sloppy. If they even remotely try walling correctly, we can't beat them... ever, lol.

Superspright

Smash Lord
yeah, if they start doing that walling ****--I always lose. It seems like you guys always play imbeciles or something. I've been stuffed before--Ganon should in theory get stuffed if they simply react to what you do instead of predict which is what some of them try to do in the matchup. Once they realize it isn't necessary you become a simple formula of walling and chaingrabs when you screw up, or you'll get a bazillion damages, times infinity. Either way it's fail.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I Ledge Camp Vs ICs whenever they start gaying me (hopefully when I'm in the lead).
Their Ice Blocks can't hit your fingers when you're hanging on the ledge.

Breezy

Smash Ace
Breezy... fact is when IC players see a Ganon they scoff and let their guard down and start playing sloppy. If they even remotely try walling correctly, we can't beat them... ever, lol.
If you were the best ICs in the country, would you EVER let a Ganondorf take a game off of you? And even if that were to happen, would you let him take you to high percents, last stock the next game? I seriously doubt Lain would continue scoffing after losing once. If you guys still say this MU is 0:100, then I shouldn't have even taken a stock off of him.

And as for future, after I beat him in the first game of our set, he DID start walling me and playing more defensive, yet I 2 stocked him!

I understand the THEORY that we should be getting ***** by a walling ICs, but the FACT is that I never have been. Either I'm some sort of anomaly when it comes to this MU, or you all just need to step your game up and quit getting ***** by ICs

Triple R

Smash Lord
If you were the best ICs in the country, would you EVER let a Ganondorf take a game off of you? And even if that were to happen, would you let him take you to high percents, last stock the next game? I seriously doubt Lain would continue scoffing after losing once. If you guys still say this MU is 0:100, then I shouldn't have even taken a stock off of him.

And as for future, after I beat him in the first game of our set, he DID start walling me and playing more defensive, yet I 2 stocked him!

I understand the THEORY that we should be getting ***** by a walling ICs, but the FACT is that I never have been. Either I'm some sort of anomaly when it comes to this MU, or you all just need to step your game up and quit getting ***** by ICs
If only you didn't keep getting beat by a bad kirby when it's one of your better matchups :p

Edit: and beats you in reverse main MMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom