• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
If you were the best ICs in the country, would you EVER let a Ganondorf take a game off of you? And even if that were to happen, would you let him take you to high percents, last stock the next game? I seriously doubt Lain would continue scoffing after losing once. If you guys still say this MU is 0:100, then I shouldn't have even taken a stock off of him.

And as for future, after I beat him in the first game of our set, he DID start walling me and playing more defensive, yet I 2 stocked him!

I understand the THEORY that we should be getting ***** by a walling ICs, but the FACT is that I never have been. Either I'm some sort of anomaly when it comes to this MU, or you all just need to step your game up and quit getting ***** by ICs
Heh... you know Lain sandbags like crazy most of the time, and plays stoned off his *** the rest of it? I mean, you could be right, but him sandbagging after you take a game off of him isn't unlike him, so I think short of getting him in here, there's really no way to determine this. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he had been sandbagging.

I'm not trying to take away from your skill, but even if it's not a 0:100 MU, it's ridiculously bad enough that you shouldn't be able to get that close against one of, if not the best IC player in the country.
I mean, you could, but if you could do that against him when he's being serious, I would think you would be one of the best players in the MW, which, no offense, but it doesn't appear you are.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
So... you just magically go through desynched fulljump blizzard walls, Breezy? Like, they can literally just do that, and, assuming they mess it up, Ganondorf can do absolutely nothing about it.

Even MK has trouble w/ that, and he doesn't exactly lack options or approaches.

Also, I sandbag people that play bad characters pretty hard when I go Wario, b/c I know I don't really stand much risk of losing the set.

Like, I've tried Ganon vs Hylian's ICs a hundred different ways, and I, at best, have taken two stocks off him, probably w/ an SD or botched CGs or a gimp involved somewhere in there, and I know Lain does consistently better than him.

napZzz

Smash Hero
you *****es just dont know how sick breezy's ganon is. Its ****ing amazing.

Also, get ***** by minnesota ganon boards l0l\

inb4morepeoplefromminnesotaposthere

What was that rage suppose to defy?
what you should understand is that breezy is never serious....NEVER with what he says. But I guess people cant really tell things like that on the internetz, its just too serious non stop.

Black Marf

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for demonstrating my point? lol
Sorry, he was specifically challenged to the mirror (neither have MK as their mains, as far as I know), it wasn't an actual character switch for a disadvantageous matchup. He *****ed about it most of the match too.

You seemed to imply that he switched to MK in a hotspot, when it was more like a bet.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
you *****es just dont know how sick breezy's ganon is. Its ****ing amazing.

Also, get ***** by minnesota ganon boards l0l\

inb4morepeoplefromminnesotaposthere

what you should understand is that breezy is never serious....NEVER with what he says. But I guess people cant really tell things like that on the internetz, its just too serious non stop.
No one has doubted his skills, but there are several Ganons better than him at the moment, all who have achieved (or are achieving) much more than he has. Taking a game off of a good IC player in pools doesn't make you the better player automatically. If you're in a tournament, you don't talk crap about how you've taken a game off of a good player in pools or brackets later to find out you've only placed below them. Whether it's Ally's MK or Lain's ICs, it simply doesn't matter if all you could do is take a game/set off of them.

maybe the latter, I posted on the previous page.

point is, if you want an accurate op, take ant off it
Could you be a little more specific & provide more proof rather than randomly uttering out rubbish?

@HomE

Smash Ace
Breezy has been to my house twice i think.... I live in south minneapolis off Cedar and 42nd... roughly...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so I played ant in ganon dittoes the other week at a tourney, 2 stocked him and stuff, theres no way he's even close to best ganon in australia.
maybe you missed this, either way the only proof you can get is if you ask ant yourself, which you can do if you want, or you can not do it, doesnt bother me, I'm just trying to help you guys out by keeping your op accurate ;)

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
You beat him in dittos. Great.

Who out of you two has a better tournament record? I'm assuming you main Ganon as well.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol we both main snake, he's never been a ganon main, theres only 1 of those in the whole of aus and he never places anywhere.
as for the better tourney record, me by far.

@HomE

Smash Ace
lol we both main snake, he's never been a ganon main, theres only 1 of those in the whole of aus and he never places anywhere.
as for the better tourney record, me by far.
Move to Merica and MAYBE, just maybe... I'll care

I bet if i moved to Antarctica I would be the best SSBB player on the continent!!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

I bet if i moved to Antarctica I would be the best SSBB player on the continent!!
I don't know man... Penguins dazzled the world with their hitherto unknown tap dancing skills, they may secretly also be Brawl experts.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So... you just magically go through desynched fulljump blizzard walls, Breezy? Like, they can literally just do that, and, assuming they mess it up, Ganondorf can do absolutely nothing about it.

Even MK has trouble w/ that, and he doesn't exactly lack options or approaches.

Also, I sandbag people that play bad characters pretty hard when I go Wario, b/c I know I don't really stand much risk of losing the set.

Like, I've tried Ganon vs Hylian's ICs a hundred different ways, and I, at best, have taken two stocks off him, probably w/ an SD or botched CGs or a gimp involved somewhere in there, and I know Lain does consistently better than him.
This post is so funny in a sad way I'm tempted to sig it.

lain

Smash Master
Ok, to clear things up, IC:Ganon is still like ****ing balls terrible. But there's no way it's 100:0.

Breezy knows some crazy *** **** in that matchup XD

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Lol lain ur so silly, how is Ganon supposed to even touch the ICs in any realistic way?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
My Ganon is still amazingly sick.

I guess for the sake of my own ego, I'm tempted to win one tournament set with him...yeah. I think I could do that easily as long as the matchup isn't too unwinnable.

It's been a long time since you guys have seen my Ganon anyhow, I have replays coming up fairly soon though. I wish I had some more against better players but w/e. Actually I do have two against ViceGrip's Ness where he beats me solidly, but those matches should be enjoyable nonetheless.

Yeah, I guess I just want to ensure that I stay high on the Ganon tier list.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Breezy has been to my house twice i think.... I live in south minneapolis off Cedar and 42nd... roughly...
before tournaments we usually all get together at breezys and play smash for the night then go together. Its alot of fun, you should come next month and then go to the monthly too :D

you're really close and stuff. Just do it.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ok, to clear things up, IC:Ganon is still like ****ing balls terrible. But there's no way it's 100:0.

Breezy knows some crazy *** **** in that matchup XD
At the very top of the Metagame, even if the Ganon-player was able to read his opponents mind, he still wouldn't be able to beat his ICs.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero

no one cares if you care, america isnt the only place on earth, and if the ganon boards as a whole didnt care why do they bother having a 'best australian' ganon up there in the first place now would they?

if your gonna be a ****, try being funny instead of failing.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Luke_atyeo, a "best Ganon" can be the best Ganon no matter how much he wins/loses to better players and/or characters.
You don't have to own every single MK you face to be considered a good Ganondorf,
because that's not possible.

2000'th post

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I am aware of that, whats your point? I beat ants ganon with my ganon, does that count?
either way like I said he's not even top 10.

@HomE

Smash Ace
no one cares if you care, america isnt the only place on earth, and if the ganon boards as a whole didnt care why do they bother having a 'best australian' ganon up there in the first place now would they?

if your gonna be a ****, try being funny instead of failing.
Successful troll was successful....

America - 1
Australia - 0

Pwned

before tournaments we usually all get together at breezys and play smash for the night then go together. Its alot of fun, you should come next month and then go to the monthly too :D

you're really close and stuff. Just do it.
Yeeaaaa... I don't get to play much Smash these days... between working 40+ hrs a week, and band practice 3 - 5 days a week I'm usually busy from 9 a.m - 10 p.m.... and after that I'm wiped out... and the weekends are generally reserved for copious amounts of alcohol..

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I discovered the most fun thing to do ever in doubles as double Ganon the other day...

Pass the Squirtle.
I'm guessing Grabrelease back N forth?
I've never tried that. Sounds fun, though.
You should add official rules. Semi-srsly.

@HomE

Smash Ace
I would assume Squirtle in his Side B when he is invincible, hitting him back and forth.... but i think squirtle goes slower every time he is hit, and eventually pops out. NEEDZ MOAR DETAILZ !!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Nah, you use the grab releases.

We did it during a Ganon challenge, actually. It was like monkey in the middle, with two Ganons grab releasing Squirtle back and forth and the other one in the middle trying to grab it before one of the outside Ganons does.

Then when you're done with it, just chain grab release it (as a team, ofc) to the edge and dair :)

Good times for the Ganons, not for the Squirtle.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
No one really abandons Ganon. You just use him all the time in friendlies and low tiers and as an alternate... or at least I do :)
And that, my friends, is where lies the true eternity of God's love Ganon's purple.

:ganondorf:

Manly tears, TP.

My comp's still out.

Breezy

Smash Ace
At the very top of the Metagame, even if the Ganon-player was able to read his opponents mind, he still wouldn't be able to beat his ICs.[/QUOTEJ

Jeepers. I started a flame simply with opinions. Go me. I NEVER said that I was the best ganon. I NEVER stated that I'm doing more than other Ganons out there. I NEVER said that the ICs MU was easily winnable.

You all need to chill. Srsly. It's not that real. I just said that I don't think the ICs MU is 0:100, which Lain even agreed with. I gave my reasons behind believeing so, and everyone wigs. Sorry.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Yes, but everyone else is saying if the matchup is played properly you should get annihilated. There is no such thing as 100-0 because of human error, and other variables, but in a theoretically perfectly played game Ganon should lose 100% of the time. Every grab should be transmuted into a lost stock. Every, single grab. And three grabs should be easy to get, with minimal to no risk.

So yes, you may take a stock, MAYBE TWO! But you just should not win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom